Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 48588 times)
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1680 on: December 16, 2013, 05:13 PM »

At this moment I have his career at heart rather than his PR, so excuse me if I would rather he was getting fit again then having to spend hours picking up awards he could so easily get when he's reached his full potential or ended his career. Not everything should come at once for him.
At once!!! Rubbish, Gangsta, he's worked so hard since he first turned pro. I believe he's been in the running for SPOTY for the last 3 maybe 4 years. Even so he has had many setbacks and has had to struggle to get the best from his talent. He richly deserves everything he has achieved so far and I'm not meaning money. We've watched him grow up and mature into the fine human being he is now - I hope very much that you will do the same. You may not become a millionaire in the process but your character has a way to go, sunshine, so look on him as an example - you couldn't have a better one. hammer
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1681 on: December 16, 2013, 06:10 PM »

:
At once!!! Rubbish, Gangsta, he's worked so hard since he first turned pro. I believe he's been in the running for SPOTY for the last 3 maybe 4 years. Even so he has had many setbacks and has had to struggle to get the best from his talent. He richly deserves everything he has achieved so far and I'm not meaning money. We've watched him grow up and mature into the fine human being he is now - I hope very much that you will do the same. You may not become a millionaire in the process but your character has a way to go, sunshine, so look on him as an example - you couldn't have a better one. hammer
Good posting!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1682 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35 PM »

What this landslide win for SPOTY shows is that Andy has found a place in the hearts and minds of the entire British public.  He couldn't have done this without the overwhelming support of sports fans in England, where - let's be honest - the out-of-context jibe about the world cup years ago has taken a little time to fade from the collective English memory.

The man is now a genuine British sporting superstar of the first order.  A legend.

On another related topic, I'm always a bit surprised to remember that Greg Rudeski won in 97.  I know he made the final of the US Open, buy, hey, no disrespect intended - it must have been a quiet year for British sport........
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1683 on: December 16, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Here are the voting stats for the past few years, showing Andy getting more and more support.  cmon yeah

Thanks Sparkle.  Great to see that in print. Smile

Didnt make any difference though Caz! He still kept doing it. Its bang out of order trying to dampen the mood on a great night like that.
What's Caz got to do with this?  I don't see any comment from her. confused

Also, whilst I don't condone Gangsta's behaviour last night, I wish a lot of you would think back and remember what you were like at his age.  Perfectly well behaved?  I don't think so.

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1684 on: December 16, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Thanks Sparkle.  Great to see that in print. Smile

What's Caz got to do with this?  I don't see any comment from her. confused

Also, whilst I don't condone Gangsta's behaviour last night, I wish a lot of you would think back and remember what you were like at his age.  Perfectly well behaved?  I don't think so.

I certainly never behaved like that Aileen, that's for damn sure.
Caz commented earlier but its been removed!

P.s hes 17 not 7.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1685 on: December 16, 2013, 06:57 PM »

Aileeen, the problem is we've told Gangsta to stop MANY times, and he continues to do it. I wouldn't mind if it was every so often, but it's all the time.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1686 on: December 16, 2013, 07:14 PM »

I certainly never behaved like that Aileen, that's for damn sure.
Caz commented earlier but its been removed!

P.s hes 17 not 7.

You are funny.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1687 on: December 16, 2013, 07:16 PM »

Sorry for the confusion Aileen and Angie, but this is my fault! Earlier, I posted a comment in response to Joe's, who was having another 'go' at Gangsta for his behaviour last night and asking Joe to let the matter rest, as Gangsta had already been told off....several times! However, as soon I as pressed the send button, I saw Gangsta's latest comment, which didn't sound at all contrite, so I immediately deleted it. It was so quick, I honestly thought nobody had seen it, but apparently.....I was wrong!  Frown
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1688 on: December 16, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Sorry for the confusion Aileen and Angie, but this is my fault! Earlier, I posted a comment in response to Joe's, who was having another 'go' at Gangsta for his behaviour last night and asking Joe to let the matter rest, as Gangsta had already been told off....several times! However, as soon I as pressed the send button, I saw Gangsta's latest comment, which didn't sound at all contrite, so I immediately deleted it. It was so quick, I honestly thought nobody had seen it, but apparently.....I was wrong!  Frown

Why would I feel regret about my opinion? That's what it was, an opinion. But they who will not named overreacted.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1689 on: December 16, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Sorry for the confusion Aileen and Angie, but this is my fault! Earlier, I posted a comment in response to Joe's, who was having another 'go' at Gangsta for his behaviour last night and asking Joe to let the matter rest, as Gangsta had already been told off....several times! However, as soon I as pressed the send button, I saw Gangsta's latest comment, which didn't sound at all contrite, so I immediately deleted it. It was so quick, I honestly thought nobody had seen it, but apparently.....I was wrong!  Frown
Some people on here have very sharp eyes, so I wouldn't worry about it because the same thing's happened to me. hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1690 on: December 16, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Why would I feel regret about my opinion? That's what it was, an opinion. But they who will not named overreacted.
Yes, but I understand you deleted it.  If so, then you obviously regretted it.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1691 on: December 16, 2013, 07:47 PM »

Yes, but I understand you deleted it.  If so, then you obviously regretted it.

No I made several apparently disgusting posts, I deleted one that I felt was harsh. The rest of them was my opinion and they still remain.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1692 on: December 16, 2013, 07:50 PM »

[quote author=mickeypops link=topic=22174.msg954081#msg954081 date=1387218952

On another related topic, I'm always a bit surprised to remember that Greg Rudeski won in 97.  I know he made the final of the US Open, buy, hey, no disrespect intended - it must have been a quiet year for British sport........
[/quote]

I'd say it must have been - the 96 Atlanta Olympics were the ones we won 1 gold and little else, a lean few years for Brits so we should cherish the talent we have now!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1693 on: December 16, 2013, 08:48 PM »

In the last seven years Murray's win was by the highest margin, had the highest proportion of votes and was only second in total votes to Wiggins last year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1694 on: December 16, 2013, 08:50 PM »

No I made several apparently disgusting posts, I deleted one that I felt was harsh. The rest of them was my opinion and they still remain.
Fair enough, although as far as I can recall some of your posts were either cheeky or a bit tactless, not disgusting, but this was a very memorable occasion for Andy and for us, so I can see why people took exception to them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »