Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy Make World No.1 ????

(Read 1404 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 01:17 PM »

Quote from: "MadSkaDude"
he's probably the best of the young guns, pehaps Gasquet has an edge over him, but only on certain days as Gasquet is looking like he's going to be inconsistant.

Yep i agree with that... Gasquet's the one that will surpise.. both negatively and positively. That guy can pull anything at any time.. but equally lose in straight sets to a unseeded player.
Nadal's the one that i think will be quite a barrier to cross while climbing up the rankings.. but i think we'll just have to wait and see how the injuries come about.
Great future for Andy though if he keeps all this up  goodjob This generation is looking really exciting bounce Should be a GREAT next 5 years to see what will happen to all the young-uns. There's also Monflis.  Think
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 01:26 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"
I think he has the potential to make top 3 although I'm not sure about no1 spot whilst Federer is still in the game.

True but I think Federer will soon fall and once he goes on a run of losing matches then everyone has got a chance, If you look at pete sampras he was world no1 for ages until federer beat him at wimbledon then federer got the world no1 spot, I think the next person to be world no1 will have to beat federer at wimbledon and once Federer is finally beaten on grass then his confidence will drop dramatically, and I think Murray has the best chance of beating federer on grass because Murray his really good on that type of surface, he only lost to nalbandian because of his fitness if Andy was fully fit then I think no one could of stopped him not even Federer. Very Happy
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 02:23 PM »

IMO it's how Andy defends his points from June onwards that'll be key. Until then, he's just joyriding, with nothing to lose. Wherever his ranking gets to by June (20? 25?) is where we might see him stabilise for a while.
IP Logged
arka
Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 02:24 PM »

I think it will be 25 by June.
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 03:00 PM »

It's funny how things change, like people thought it would be a difficult year for him after the loss in the australian open but he certainly proved them wrong, I think this might be his best year yet, I see some more atp tour titles for Murray and even one grandslam this year (u.s open). goodjob
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 03:02 PM »

Give the guy a chance!! Hes only 18! No pressure....
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 10:05 AM »

Eh?  It's weird isn't it. I remember watching both Lleyton and Andy R at the start of their careers, especially Andy at the French Open. He was like Bambi on ice, all arms, legs and heart. He cramped really badly. It was excrutiating to watch but I fell in love with Roddick (in a maternal way Wink  ) there and then. He managed to reach the next match against Hewitt but retired pretty quickly through injury.

I thought it was the beginning of a rivalry between the two that would rival Sampras nd Agassi.

Frown But it hasn't turned out that way. So no predictions from me. I hope top 3, but tennis is a funny old game and throws up some surprises.

Am I the only one who thinks Donald Young is over hyped? Nadal, Gasquet and Dokovic plus Monfils are going to be Andy's rivals, but I think Fed is an even better player than Pete Sampras, and, injuries permitting, will dominate the game for another 5 years.

confused
IP Logged
Lina
Junior

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 11:25 AM »

I think andy has the potential to be in the top 5, maybe after Nadal and Federer and Roddick (..well.. he's kind fading at the moment but let's ignore that. XD) fades away from the scene then Why not? ^^

the ATP will owned by like Monfils, Gasquet and Murray. That would be interesting. :P
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 02:12 PM »

donald young is over hyped! he's 0-7 or something for his pro atp career, he can't beat people in the top 200 much less andy, richard, and gael
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Will Andy Make World No.1 ???? « Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 06:37 PM »

Yeah, didnt Mcenroe say this guy was the next big thing?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »