Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year?

(Read 1194 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 01:02 PM »

Boring bean-pole sledgehammer Frown
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 09:33 AM »

NO! I have always rated Del Potro as one of the five. He has played well since Wimbledon last year showing signs of getting back to his 2009 level. But, when playing a top ten player it shows that he has still some way to get back to his best form. His career record against top ten is not great, compared to the top four, and his H2H agaist Andy is 1-5. I think he may knock Ferrer of the Number 5 spot this year.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 09:50 AM »

No I don't think he will. Look how Ferrer put him to the sword at Miami, and against the top 4 he has a very poor record.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 10:13 AM »

I don't think he'll overtake Andy but do think he will be in the top 4 next year. Federer will inevitably decline soon, and after that I expect the top 4 will be Novak/Rafa/Andy/Del Potro in some order. He's some way off his 2009 form though, and it'll be interesting to see how he does in the period before the US Open.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 01:35 PM »

I can see it being Novak/Andy/Rafa/Del Potro if Roger starts to wane next year and Rafa continues to be plagued with knee injuries.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 02:07 PM »

LOL AT THIS THREAD!!  no way!! delpo is gonna over take Andy... Delpo is over rated...
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13 PM »

I honestly believe, not only will Delpo overtake Andy but will overtake everyone to become no1 this  year
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 02:16 PM »

I honestly believe, not only will Delpo overtake Andy but will overtake everyone to become no1 this  year
Too much tongue in cheek I think Joe!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 02:16 PM »

No I do not think so. I have watched his matches at Miami and was not convinced. He is too slow and does not  come forward enough. Ferrer was too good for him and he has lost all his games to Mr Smug I think he will have to make some changes if he is going to improve,
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 04:05 PM »

It's after 12.00 Robbie - you're supposed to give up on the April Fool jokes!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 05:15 PM »

For part of last year I really did think Del Potro might challenge, not just Andy, but the whole top four. His game did look like it was heading back to pre-injury levels. However, whilst he's got back into the top ten, and to be fair, done very well to do so, I don't think he will now. Against Ferrer at Wimbledon he looked very slow, although Ferrer really is a terrier and won't back down and has had great form this year, so that might sound unfair.

Still, I just think the game has moved forward quickly and Del Potro has been somewhat left behind. It feels to me like he has reached a peak now. You can never say never I suppose, but it doesn't look like it to me.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I think Delpo just happened to be in the right place at the right time when he won the US Open and that he won't win another Major.  The big boys know how to play him now and he is far too slow around the court.  I see him in and around the top 10 but I believe there are others who are more of a threat to the top 4.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Will Del Potro Over-take Andy this year? « Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24 PM »

Del Potro is just a good solid top ten player. His win over Federer in 2009 gave him new heights but he, by no means, has the game to beat the top guys on a consistent basis.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »