Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  wimbeldon o6 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

wimbeldon o6

(Read 3464 times)
richie c
Futures Level

wimbeldon o6 « on: December 11, 2005, 12:17 PM »

Do u think andy will be seeded for wimbeldon 06
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 12:24 PM »

Not entirely sure.....  dontknow
He has a chance, seeing as he has few points to defend, but i don't know
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 12:49 PM »

I don't think this year.. well possibly if there are a few top players that pull out.. and Andy has a massive start to 2006.  Think  
Mathematically i have no idea.. leave that to Geeksville Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 01:56 PM »

I think Andy said in an interview that his aim is to get a seeding for Wimbledon 2006.. Think   Now bearing in mind Andy's track record in achieving what he sets out to do (and some!) I wouldn't be surprised if he is seeded at Wimbly, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 02:19 PM »

I think that Andy will be seeded for Wimbledon.  He is only about 30 places in the rankings away and he has almost no points to defend until Queens.  Seeing as he should be doing only ATP events now, I think that heill continue to rise to around 25 by the time of Queens and possibly break into the top 20 for the beginning of 2007.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 02:40 PM »

I agree, his goal is to break into the top twenty. With zero points to lose until Queens, he has every chance of making it. Smile
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 02:55 PM »

he has 587 points at the moment, of which the majority will have been gained over the last 6 months.so assuming he achieves this again-ie he doesnt do any better in the next 6 months than the last which is unlikely seeing as he will have automatic entry to more atp tournaments-then he would have about 1100+ points which at the moment would easily be enough vto see him get into the top 30 and so get seeded.so in actual fact its not really an unrealistic target he just has to keep up the level hes been playing at for the next 6 months.to get into the top 20 he would need to get about 1500 points and this means he would have to improve on his level of the last 6 months, however considereing he wil now be getting automatic entry to grand slams and atp tournaments then i dont feel this is actually that unrealistic
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 04:15 PM »

goodjob Wow Iain! Some maths there...
With what you've said i take my words back.. i thought there was more in it than you've said. If Andy doesn't have to defend any points until Queens.. w00t that's great!! Definitly a chance here! And with the automatic ATP entry the points he will definitly shoot up.. just look at Nadal. 2004 - no one knew him.. 2005 - won 11 tournaments including a grand slam and became the biggest threat to the number 1. No pressure Andy! Wink
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00 PM »

if he does well at the start of 2006 and gets a good result in australia itll help.
lets hope so anyway...
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 05:13 PM »

Well there's of course other teens like Monflis.. and of course people like Gasquet who haven't had their highs yet.. and are hoping that 2006 will do exactly that for them. But Andy has a very good chance.  goodjob Fans always cheering!!
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 06:03 PM »

yeah it is actually a wee bit more complicated than that because he will have a few points to defend from futures and things i think but compared to atp tournies the points are not really comparable.also the points needed to get into the top 30 or 20 or whatever will vary over the year depending on whether theres lots of players doing reasonably well or a few players getting to the quarters of most tournaments and obv as has been mentioned there are other players with not so many pooints to defend but generally i think he really does have a very good chance if he plays as well as he has been doing
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 06:23 PM »

I won't even bother making a comment on this conversation (apart from this one) because the whole points and seeded things go right over my head! lol
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 08:42 PM »

Talking about seeding for Wimbly.. have you guys seen this beeb video?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/ukfs_sport/hi/av/bb_rm_fs.stm?nbram=1&news=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&nol_storyid=4514896
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 09:03 PM »

yeah i have.i presumed that was why we were discussing this topic
IP Logged
Mathlete
Junior

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 05:07 PM »

does anyone know when wimbeldon tickets usually go on sale. I was hoping to ask for some for my birthday but i don't know when they go on public sale. Any ideas??
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »