Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  wimbeldon o6 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

wimbeldon o6

(Read 3479 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 07:10 PM »

Quote from: "heavenlyangel"
I got pulled out the ballot lastyear and guess what i got  shocking

No1 court Thursday 23rd June Andy v Stepanek when Andy won 6-4 6-4 6-4

Oh My God!!!  shocking  I bet it took you ages to get over that!!  I'd still be fuming!
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 07:13 PM »

Oh we went just couldn't believe what matches we were seeing that day.
Did a search on Wimbledon site night before and i was  shocking when we saw who we would be watching.

It was the day Henman lost also, we watched some of that on the big screen and could hear how he was doing due to the crowd noise.
Went to watch the players warm up and got few piccies of Federer and his autograph so a pretty eventful day all in all.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 07:17 PM »

Got Federer's autograph and saw all those matches!? Phwaoor!  goodjob What a fantastic day it must have been!!!  =D> Amazing!!
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 07:18 PM »

Was a brill day out - couldn't of asked for a better first visit at Wimbledon really
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 07:33 PM »

Aww thats so cool!  I hope I go watch Wimbledon one day
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 07:47 PM »

Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
I won't even bother making a comment on this conversation (apart from this one) because the whole points and seeded things go right over my head! lol

i am glad i am not the only one that doesn't understand!  confused  i know what the whole seeding thing is about but all the defending points and so on, is so confusing! dontknow
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 07:52 PM »

I've been to Wimbledon about three times now.  Last time I went I saw Fed beat Bogdanavich on the opening day.  Also seen Tim and Greg both win on my first visit and one saw the ladies semis (belgian vs Williams x2).  Last year Mum got to go with a friend and saw Andy vs Nalbandian :P
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 12:11 AM »

the defending points is quite simple really.the ranking we are talking about is the atp entry ranking which is a one year rolling ranking system. so basically you get points depending on how well you do in each tournament and each week your best twety from the last onth are added to give a points total which then determines ur ranking.this means that if u did well in for example wimbledon one year and won it getting i think 200 points you would need to win it again the next year otherwise ur points total would drop.the reason andy can take advantage of this is that he hardly has any points from before queens last year meaning that any points he gets until queens this year will more or less be added straight to his total without really losing anything.there is also the atp champions race that adds ur points during the year and determines whyo is the best over the one year but at the start of the year everyone starts at 0 again.i think ive got all this right and hope u can understand it now.someone tell me if i havent
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 10:19 AM »

I don't think that you get 200 points for winning Wimbledon, its more than that but otherwise, that's exactly how I understand it. goodjob
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 03:32 PM »

yeah i think u get 200 points in the champions race now i thnik about it and you get way more points in the entry rankings so that they can incorporate challengers, futures etc whereas the race only applies to atp tournaments
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 04:41 PM »

Quote from: "brighton babe"
Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
I won't even bother making a comment on this conversation (apart from this one) because the whole points and seeded things go right over my head! lol

i am glad i am not the only one that doesn't understand!  confused  i know what the whole seeding thing is about but all the defending points and so on, is so confusing! dontknow

Right, I know what ranking is and I know there are points you get from ATP tournaments, but can someone tell me the definition of "seeded"? lol I've been watching the Federer/Murray match on my dvd and at the start of the match it said Federer was No. 1 Seed and Andy was unseeded  dontknow

Having a blonde moment!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 04:47 PM »

Seeding is the way that players are ranked for each tournament. It goes mainly on overall ranking e.g. the top 20 ranked players in any tournament will given numbers from one to twenty. However, it also occassionally goes (esp. at wimbledon) on how a player performs on a particular surface and their history at a particular tournament.
You want to be seeded as it helps you to avoid other seeded players in the early rounds of a tournament - a seed will generally play an unseeded player or a qualifier in the early rounds. Also, the top two seeds are generally placed on opposite sides of the draw - basically so that the organisers can get a top-notch final if at all possible. Therefore, seeds one and 3 will be on one side of the draw, seeds two and four on the other - in theory therefore the top four players should meet in the semi finals. This is why lleyton hewitt is not happy about being consistently seeded third at wimbledon, because he has to face fed-ex before the final.

This is what i understand seeding to be - could be completely wrong - please correct me if i am Smile
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 04:58 PM »

don't know if this will help :

http://www.usta.com/tournament/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=14098&itype=945&icategoryid=167

http://www.carolynnichols.com/Seeding/

this is bit old but may help :

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2005/wimby_seeds.asp

dontknow
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #43 on: December 14, 2005, 05:01 PM »

That does make sense though.  I've always wondered how the Top Players never play each other in the beginning parts of the tournaments lol
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

wimbeldon o6 « Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 05:03 PM »

Or this link may be helpful

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/raceleaderboard/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »