Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2006

(Read 3495 times)
Banannie
Veteran

Wimbledon 2006 « on: October 07, 2005, 12:55 PM »

By the time wimbledon comes around in June, what will British tennis look like?
Will Greg and Tim be long since gone?
What ranking will Murray be, and will he be British no1?
How far will he get?
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:57 PM »

I think Henman will have one last go, but I think Rusedski will have retired by then... he will have a family to look after. wink

Yes I think he will be number one, I don't think Henman's ranking will ever recover.

As to how far he'll get... no idea. Further than 2005 though! Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:53 PM »

I think Tim will give it a couple of more tries and anyway he said on the BBC a few years ago he will never retire until he wins Wimbledon Smile

Also I think Murray will be British no1 and make it to the semi-finals next Wimbledon.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 04:09 PM »

Mark, I thought he said he would quit when he knew he had no chance of getting the title.

Frown Sadly I think that day has come. He's been absolutely great for British tennis, but he has never had that certain spark that defines a champion. Andy has that in spades.
I hope Tim retires soon. The damage he's doing to his back (2 degenerative discs aren't going to heal themselves) is too high a price to pay chasing his dream

I've loved his play this last decade. (cant stand Greg, but that's my problem) and there is no way he deserves the stick he's got over the years. Hell, reaching No 4 in the World, albeit briefly, is something to be mighty proud of.

Rolling Eyes  But most people dont realise that tennis goes on before and after Wimbledon. Us fanatics know better. Wink
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 05:26 PM »

I think he could be seeded by next Wimbledon but the question is top 20 or not
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 06:21 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
I think he could be seeded by next Wimbledon but the question is top 20 or not

his goal is top 20 by next season. if he plays like he is doing then that might not be such an unrealistic goal. needs a good rest first though. dont u agree?!
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 06:26 PM »

definately in need of a rest, hmm but thinking about it he is on a roll at the mo so i dont know
and as for henman i really think it is time for him to call it a day. I seriously respect the guy and think he has done fantastically, but i am a bit bored of sitting watching him play, just saying come on tim, cos he keeps on loosing.
Hmm but thinking about it he could do a Peter Colt (Wimbledon film) and win out of nowhere (we wish), however is highly unlikely as he is already married
IP Logged
i_am_looby

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 06:39 PM »

i dont think henmans back is ever gunna recover, he should call it a day before he does it even more harm.
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 06:40 PM »

Quote from: "annie"
definately in need of a rest, hmm but thinking about it he is on a roll at the mo so i dont know
and as for henman i really think it is time for him to call it a day. I seriously respect the guy and think he has done fantastically, but i am a bit bored of sitting watching him play, just saying come on tim, cos he keeps on loosing.
Hmm but thinking about it he could do a Peter Colt (Wimbledon film) and win out of nowhere (we wish), however is highly unlikely as he is already married

i feel the same. henman is a fantastic tennis player- he has done some much for british tennis. got peoples hopes up- increased interest in sport for adults and kids. a really likeable guy as well. its just annoying when people call him a failure because maybe he isnt doing as well as he has done in the past. but for 10 years hes been doing this and done brilliantly- been inside the top 10- IN THE WORLD. he should be proud of what he has achieved and certainly the whole of britain should be proud of him. the thing is, he is nearing to the end of his career and that isnt a bad thing. hes getting to retirement age which the public has to accept. its going to happen to every sports man- even our andy!
tim is awsome and deserves alot of respect.
IP Logged
red?

Biggest worry 4 murray « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 07:05 PM »

I think the biggest worry for murray is that every one at wimbledon 2006 will want murray to do passed the 3 rd round and the media will just put him down if he doesn't . Which is very unfair
 :?
Ishee
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 07:06 PM »

yeah, however i think he is the kind of person who wont give a **** what the media say aboiut him, because he seems to think he can do it, good luck to him!
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Re: Biggest worry 4 murray « Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 07:16 PM »

Quote from: "red?"
I think the biggest worry for murray is that every one at wimbledon 2006 will want murray to do passed the 3 rd round and the media will just put him down if he doesn't . Which is very unfair
 :?
Ishee

exactly. the pressure he must feel is just ridiculous.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 10:10 AM »

I think he is the kind of person who deals with pressure very well.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 03:53 PM »

We should all meet at Murray Field next year and cheer our boy on.  Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2006 « Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 03:58 PM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
We should all meet at Murray Field next year and cheer our boy on.  Smile

that would be fab Exclamation start buying the union jacks/saltaires now people!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »