Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Tuesday, Estimated time - 7:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply

Wimbledon 2006

Quote

By the time wimbledon comes around in June, what will British tennis look like?
Will Greg and Tim be long since gone?
What ranking will Murray be, and will he be British no1?
How far will he get?
IP Logged
Quote

I think Henman will have one last go, but I think Rusedski will have retired by then... he will have a family to look after. wink

Yes I think he will be number one, I don't think Henman's ranking will ever recover.

As to how far he'll get... no idea. Further than 2005 though! Very Happy
IP Logged
Quote

I think Tim will give it a couple of more tries and anyway he said on the BBC a few years ago he will never retire until he wins Wimbledon Smile

Also I think Murray will be British no1 and make it to the semi-finals next Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Quote

Mark, I thought he said he would quit when he knew he had no chance of getting the title.

Frown Sadly I think that day has come. He's been absolutely great for British tennis, but he has never had that certain spark that defines a champion. Andy has that in spades.
I hope Tim retires soon. The damage he's doing to his back (2 degenerative discs aren't going to heal themselves) is too high a price to pay chasing his dream

I've loved his play this last decade. (cant stand Greg, but that's my problem) and there is no way he deserves the stick he's got over the years. Hell, reaching No 4 in the World, albeit briefly, is something to be mighty proud of.

 Rolling Eyes  But most people dont realise that tennis goes on before and after Wimbledon. Us fanatics know better. Wink
IP Logged
Quote

I think he could be seeded by next Wimbledon but the question is top 20 or not
IP Logged
Amy
Quote

Quote from: "Josh"
I think he could be seeded by next Wimbledon but the question is top 20 or not


his goal is top 20 by next season. if he plays like he is doing then that might not be such an unrealistic goal. needs a good rest first though. dont u agree?!
IP Logged
Quote

definately in need of a rest, hmm but thinking about it he is on a roll at the mo so i dont know
and as for henman i really think it is time for him to call it a day. I seriously respect the guy and think he has done fantastically, but i am a bit bored of sitting watching him play, just saying come on tim, cos he keeps on loosing.
Hmm but thinking about it he could do a Peter Colt (Wimbledon film) and win out of nowhere (we wish), however is highly unlikely as he is already married
IP Logged
Quote

i dont think henmans back is ever gunna recover, he should call it a day before he does it even more harm.
IP Logged
Amy
Quote

Quote from: "annie"
definately in need of a rest, hmm but thinking about it he is on a roll at the mo so i dont know
and as for henman i really think it is time for him to call it a day. I seriously respect the guy and think he has done fantastically, but i am a bit bored of sitting watching him play, just saying come on tim, cos he keeps on loosing.
Hmm but thinking about it he could do a Peter Colt (Wimbledon film) and win out of nowhere (we wish), however is highly unlikely as he is already married


i feel the same. henman is a fantastic tennis player- he has done some much for british tennis. got peoples hopes up- increased interest in sport for adults and kids. a really likeable guy as well. its just annoying when people call him a failure because maybe he isnt doing as well as he has done in the past. but for 10 years hes been doing this and done brilliantly- been inside the top 10- IN THE WORLD. he should be proud of what he has achieved and certainly the whole of britain should be proud of him. the thing is, he is nearing to the end of his career and that isnt a bad thing. hes getting to retirement age which the public has to accept. its going to happen to every sports man- even our andy!
tim is awsome and deserves alot of respect.
IP Logged
Quote

I think the biggest worry for murray is that every one at wimbledon 2006 will want murray to do passed the 3 rd round and the media will just put him down if he doesn't . Which is very unfair
 :?
Ishee
IP Logged
Quote

yeah, however i think he is the kind of person who wont give a **** what the media say aboiut him, because he seems to think he can do it, good luck to him!
IP Logged
Amy
Quote

Quote from: "red?"
I think the biggest worry for murray is that every one at wimbledon 2006 will want murray to do passed the 3 rd round and the media will just put him down if he doesn't . Which is very unfair
 :?
Ishee


exactly. the pressure he must feel is just ridiculous.
IP Logged
Quote

I think he is the kind of person who deals with pressure very well.
IP Logged
Quote

We should all meet at Murray Field next year and cheer our boy on.  Smile
IP Logged
Quote

Quote from: "ellyb"
We should all meet at Murray Field next year and cheer our boy on.  Smile


that would be fab Exclamation start buying the union jacks/saltaires now people!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply