Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2011 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2011 - Other Players

(Read 325 times)
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Wimbledon 2011 - Other Players « on: June 16, 2011, 05:42 PM »

Does anyone else fancy Sam Stosur for wimby?  I have a funny feeling she could have a big tournament here, and come in a little under the radar.  With the Williams sisters back the ladies singles will be pretty interesting.  Sharapova has made a nice comback of late, while Li Na has been a revelation.  And then you have Caroline, she could certainly win.  I know the ladies game has had a bit of a battering really, and the standard could be a lot better, nevertheless, the openness of the tournament has to be an attractive factor.

I hope Alize Cornet and Petkovic have good tournaments, and it will be interesting to see what kind of impact Heather Watson can make.  Sabine Lisicki has also had a good few weeks and really is one who could cause some damage.

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2011 - Other Players « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:25 PM »

Federers witty comment, Wimby Interview.

Q. How do you think the absence of the Williams sisters has affected the women's tour for this past year, and what does it mean to have them back, especially Serena, the defending champion?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, we don't have to play them, so it's all good (smiling).

Quite the stand-up aren't we then :-)
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »