Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R1: Murray vs Davydenko 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R1: Murray vs Davydenko

(Read 5703 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Wimbledon R1: Murray vs Davydenko « on: June 22, 2012, 11:15 AM »

The draw is out and Andy's 1st round opponent is Russian Nikolay Davydenko.

These 2 have played 9 times with Andy leading the H2H 5-4.

Their most recent encounter was in Montreal in 2009 with Andy the victor.

Bill has commented that Davydenko HATES grass and his record at Wimbledon would back that up - his highest placing is 4R and that was in 2007.

I've chosen a picture of Andy with his game face on - he's going to need it to get through his draw yes

Positive vibes people grouphug

I'm guessing that Andy will play Tuesday/Wednesday being bottom half of the draw but what do I know retard Very Happy

* Murray vs Davydenko.JPG (105.39 KB, 609x871 - viewed 69 times.)
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2012, 07:01 PM ] IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Davydenko has seen better days, although non of them on a grass court.
Andy in 3.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:10 PM »

This will be Tuesday.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:15 PM »

Joke of a draw.

Yet again Federer gets the piss draw.

Surprise. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:27 PM »

BBC says Tuesday.  This could be a good 1st round for Andy.  And as I think about the Goliaths that lie in waiting the more it should help to reduce expectations in the media etc, which should help Andy.  Provided Andy is playing well, I think a difficult draw could be to his advantage.  But play well he must.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:38 PM »

I hope Andy's back is all better and that he has been practicing hard.  It's worrisome that he lost both of the Exo matches.  I just wonder what's going on. confused  He could come on and surprise us all, and really do well.......I wish that for him cmonandy
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Thanks Bev love the picture,  cmonandy positive vibes indeed.  grouphug
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 01:04 AM »

Don't think I'll be able to watch this unless it falls exactly over my lunch time.

Deb, the shirt Andy's wearing in your avatar is the shirt I loved the most. Too bad he was injured and had to pull out of WTF or else I could have watched him in that shirt a bit more.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 10:24 AM »

Don't think I'll be able to watch this unless it falls exactly over my lunch time.

Deb, the shirt Andy's wearing in your avatar is the shirt I loved the most. Too bad he was injured and had to pull out of WTF or else I could have watched him in that shirt a bit more.
Yes it's lovely Emma jean isn't it, I am very proud of that photo, I took myself, at the O2 , Andy signed my programme and talked to us a couple of hours before that first match, such a shame he was injured he was on a roll after the Asian swing.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 11:13 AM »

What's happened !!pictures everywhere .
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 02:35 PM »

Yes it's lovely Emma jean isn't it, I am very proud of that photo, I took myself, at the O2 , Andy signed my programme and talked to us a couple of hours before that first match, such a shame he was injured he was on a roll after the Asian swing.
That's a great photo!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 02:50 PM »

That's a great photo!
Thanks M.H, got some lovely shots that day.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 04:17 PM »

That's awesome Deb, that Andy singed your programme and talked to you guys. I am so jealous that you got to see him in that shirt up close and personal! lol Speaking of shirts, I really liked him in that white shirt and blue shorts as well when he was here the year before to play Rogers cup. Mind you, he won that tournament taht year and I was at the semi-final match against Rafa! That's a very memorable day for me. I've now seen a number of players live including Sampras, Agassi and lots of other players from the 90s and oh, Roger too - twice! lol
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 04:56 PM »

That's awesome Deb, that Andy singed your programme and talked to you guys. I am so jealous that you got to see him in that shirt up close and personal! lol Speaking of shirts, I really liked him in that white shirt and blue shorts as well when he was here the year before to play Rogers cup. Mind you, he won that tournament taht year and I was at the semi-final match against Rafa! That's a very memorable day for me. I've now seen a number of players live including Sampras, Agassi and lots of other players from the 90s and oh, Roger too - twice! lol
It was a great day Emma Jean, and I saw him in Australia what a lovely guy so friendly , this is what people don't see, it's great getting up close and personal  if you know what I mean,  Whistle wow I'd of loved to see Agassi one of my favourites . wub
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Murray in three. Davydenko is a great player, and one of my favourites, despite having the charisma of a sponge. But he doesn't know the nuances of playing grass court tennis, just like his compatriot, Safin.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »