Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R1: Murray vs Davydenko 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R1: Murray vs Davydenko

(Read 5954 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 07:44 PM »

It was a great day Emma Jean, and I saw him in Australia what a lovely guy so friendly , this is what people don't see, it's great getting up close and personal  if you know what I mean,  Whistle wow I'd of loved to see Agassi one of my favourites . wub

Andy is a pure person down to the very core. I always notice it in his eyes and smile. I never had any doubts about him. I think that's part of the reason why I love him so much. As to Agassi, I never really liked him until 1999 RG. After that, I sort of warmed up to him. Even though he has his tendency to get a bit cynical at times but I also feel he's very genuine with his emotion and he's very honest in his approach. Very good character traits.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Murray in three. Davydenko is a great player, and one of my favourites, despite having the charisma of a sponge. But he doesn't know the nuances of playing grass court tennis, just like his compatriot, Safin.

I really like Davy too and it's always lovely to watch his game. I like the intensity in his eyes. However, I won't be able to watch as my schedule on Tuesday is a bit too full. I've taken a couple of days off next week, so that should make up at least the next few rounds, as we have our long weekend coming up. 

In an ideal world, Andy should win in three.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 07:59 PM »

What Andy says :  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18563639
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Andy is a pure person down to the very core. I always notice it in his eyes and smile. I never had any doubts about him. I think that's part of the reason why I love him so much. As to Agassi, I never really liked him until 1999 RG. After that, I sort of warmed up to him. Even though he has his tendency to get a bit cynical at times but I also feel he's very genuine with his emotion and he's very honest in his approach. Very good character traits.
Speaking of Agassi, I don't think a guy who takes Meth while on the tour and lying to ATP about it is a guy with much character or integrity.  Plus his book was just a scandal sheet.  I have seen him play on a hot day in Cincinatti, Ohio where he was losing and he called out the trainer and said "I just can't do this anymore" and with no injury just retired from his match....have to wonder if he would do this if he was winning.  Sorry he is not my favorite person....he is a good actor though.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 06:58 PM »

Last on Centre tomorrow, after Kvitova and Nadal.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 07:14 PM »

^^ Thanks.  I must admit I'd feel happier if Andy had won at least one of his warm-up matches as a confidence booster.  It's a tough opener regardless of whether Davy likes playing on grass or not.  Yes, in an ideal world Andy should win in three, but are we going to see either (a) a typical slow Andy start, or (b) he races ahead at the start of the match and then has a 2nd or 3rd set dip?  Oh me of little faith, but I feel this could go to 4 if not 5 sets. nervous
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 07:20 PM »

4:30pm at the earliest? Think
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 07:27 PM »

I can't even begin to imagine the headlines if Andy loses. Andy in 3.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 09:02 PM »

Kick some Russian butt tomorrow Andy!

Andy in 3.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 09:14 PM »

^^ Thanks.  I must admit I'd feel happier if Andy had won at least one of his warm-up matches as a confidence booster.  It's a tough opener regardless of whether Davy likes playing on grass or not.  Yes, in an ideal world Andy should win in three, but are we going to see either (a) a typical slow Andy start, or (b) he races ahead at the start of the match and then has a 2nd or 3rd set dip?  Oh me of little faith, but I feel this could go to 4 if not 5 sets. nervous
My feelings too, Aileen. Wish we lived a street or two apart, we could be pessimists together over a bottle of wine!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 09:24 PM »

Last on Centre tomorrow, after Kvitova and Nadal.
Thought Nadal was playing Bellucchi?
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 09:36 PM »

Thought Nadal was playing Bellucchi?

Kvitova might give him more of a game than Belluchi!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 09:39 PM »

My feelings too, Aileen. Wish we lived a street or two apart, we could be pessimists together over a bottle of wine!
Oh happy thought! Very Happy
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 09:42 PM »

You can always share a virtual wine or two, think we may need the real stuff tomorrow tho'!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R1: Murray vs Davydenko « Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Predictions for tomorrow then?

I am intrigued to see this match-up on grass. There's been some incredibly close matches between them both on hard courts and clay.

Djokovic eventually wore down a veteran this afternoon, and won comfortably. Hoping for the same tomorrow. Murray in straights.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »