Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 22670 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #75 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53 AM »

Evening Standard tennis correspondent Chris Jones on Twitter: "If the weather predictions for the week are correctly dire we will see the Centre Court the only one in use for a record amount of time."

Maybe they should have started the matches at 11 am on centre court and then at least they could have squeezed another match in, or 2 if they'd play after 11 pm Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #76 on: July 02, 2012, 12:33 PM »

On and off for rain, ooh dear, even more nerve wracking than normal  nervous A friend who never watches tennis, but is ill at the mo. so has been, asked "Are Andy's matches always like that?" Lol, yes.
Never mind , Come on Andy  yay yay yay
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #77 on: July 02, 2012, 12:39 PM »

about Andy and his problems with his balls lol http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/sectors/mediaentertainment/article/1139005/Adidas-gives-Andy-Murray-new-shorts-balls-pop/
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #78 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42 PM »

^Was he not getting beat at the time Nalby had his wee kick out?
No, but he was looking gey shakey
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #79 on: July 02, 2012, 12:53 PM »

At least there is some play going on at the minute, Serena fair raced through her first set, I hadn't realised though that Court 1 wasn't starting until 1pm either, hopefully Maria will take care of business pretty quickly and get Andy on before the rain comes.  shocking
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #80 on: July 02, 2012, 12:53 PM »

Is there a live stream on BBC or else?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #81 on: July 02, 2012, 01:48 PM »

By the way, why has my avatar become a clapping smiley? Has someone hacked my account??
Your avatar looks like your old one to me ... Think  However Mark deleted several accounts by mistake recently, including mine.  Of course he retrieved them, but my avatar was missing.  Fortunately he had it backed up.   If things still aren't OK, then ask him.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #82 on: July 02, 2012, 01:52 PM »

It seems really bizarre that they have chosen to put Andy on Court 1, all this talk about fairness etc. it’s a lot of c**p.  Look at the USO all the American players get preference despite their ranking,  Given the viewing figures that BBC polled on Saturday – would it not make more sense to have Andy on CC at tea time thereby allowing more people to see him.  BTW the support he got on Saturday night was the best I think I have ever seen at Wimbledon, the whole crowd seemed to be behind him – very impressed with this.

I really hope that Andy can dispatch Cilic quickly and efficiently (tho’ my heart says another thing !!) maybe Cilic will be suffering the after effects of that epic match he was involved in.

I do ask myself what Wimbledon will do once Federer retires or slips down the rankings – how can they merit giving him centre stage all the time.  I really hope Xavier Mallise can take something from The King of Smug – would love to see that.  And we all know what the outcome of the Djoko / Tipsy match will be !!!!   

Delpo / Ferrer is bound to be a real slug fest of an affair and has the potential to go five long sets – so if Andy can come through unscathed then that would be beneficial for the next round.  Getting ahead of myself here – one match at a time as Andy would say!!!

I have not posted on here following Saturday’s match but I thought the last set of tennis when Andy played with conviction and force was possibly one of the best sets of tennis he has played since Australia SF.  He looked like a man with a mission to succeed.  When you think of all the other wee things that happened i.e. the incident with the shorts, his 5 falls on the court etc.  I began to think this is why I totally love being an Andy Murray fan, he is a complex, interesting and intriguing character, he does sometimes wear his hear on his sleeve, he showed on Saturday how important tennis is to him and how hard he is trying to reach the peak.  He is just so down to earth unlike some of the other top players with their arrogance, smugness and fake humility.  Every day is different and I could never be this attached to a robotic ball bashing player.  I think Andy showed on Saturday that he has bottle

I really hope that Andy can go deep into this tournament because he so deserves it and a little bit of me is hoping (but I am trying o suppress it) that all these adversities that keep happening to him i.e. Davydenko slating him, Karlovic likewise, the shorts incident, the drama of Saturday, V. Wade so publicly humiliating him etc. is he going to have hurdle these and then cross the finish line in dramatic fashion – I really really hope so.

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #83 on: July 02, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Your avatar looks like your old one to me ... Think  However Mark deleted several accounts by mistake recently, including mine. 
And none of you took the hint.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #84 on: July 02, 2012, 02:15 PM »

:p
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #85 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20 PM »

Is there a live stream on BBC or else?
Try http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html and scroll down to Andy's match and click on one of the links.  Hope you find a decent one. Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #86 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20 PM »

Manners Aileen. ignore
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #87 on: July 02, 2012, 02:28 PM »

Wimbledon is making RGarros look good.    doh
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #88 on: July 02, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Manners Aileen. ignore
I love you, really ... lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #89 on: July 02, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Why is there no play on CC or C1 right now? The other courts seem to be playing fine. And are you seriously telling me that they are only closing the roof now!?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »