Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 14310 times)
dex
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39 AM »

There is still 5 ATP Top Ten players in Andy's half of the draw. With only 2 in the other half ie. Djokovic and Federer.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 12:02 PM »

There is still 5 ATP Top Ten players in Andy's half of the draw. With only 2 in the other half ie. Djokovic and Federer.
But they'll still say Andy has it easy since Rafa departed the scence. They dont bother to check the facts!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 12:16 PM »

Think  2nd on court 1 (I'm going to be like a zombie come Tuesday morning)  and I guess they had to give pref treatment to the higher ranked players yawn  And Nole gets to play Viktor, again yawn  I wonder who'll win that one retard

Anyhow, let's see if Andy is able to battle his way into the next round.  H2H below - not played on grass since 2007 - Davis Cup, which, courtesy of Hulahoop, I have on DVD Very Happy

cmonandy
Two roaring lions on the H2H. I think it could go to 4 sets or even 5, at worst. Marin is playing consistently and is in form. That said, he cannot fully have his strength back by tomorrow. However, I dont want to console myself with other players shortcomings and problems to rely on Andy getting a win.Cilic has respect for Andys abilities, it seems.
Good Luck Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 12:35 PM »

omg this means I'm going to see Andy 2morrow as my friend has tickets for court 1 - though quite far back.  I'm going into voice training for shouting come on Mr Magic.  But tbh would prefer Andy was safely under the roof given the weather forecast.  Do hope it's not as bad as forecast and that they manage to play the match in reasonable conditions. And we certainly don't want Cilic getting over his marathon by the time the match is played.
I had a feeling they might put Andy on 1 as Fed has already played there and it would look like favouritism if they put him and not world #1 on CC.
So excited but not sure I can cope with watching another humdinger like the last 2 in public  Whistle  And I will   pray for reasonable weather and a good calm match with Andy the victor  cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 12:41 PM »

omg this means I'm going to see Andy 2morrow as my friend has tickets for court 1 - though quite far back.  I'm going into voice training for shouting come on Mr Magic.  But tbh would prefer Andy was safely under the roof given the weather forecast.  Do hope it's not as bad as forecast and that they manage to play the match in reasonable conditions. And we certainly don't want Cilic getting over his marathon by the time the match is played.
I had a feeling they might put Andy on 1 as Fed has already played there and it would look like favouritism if they put him and not world #1 on CC.
So excited but not sure I can cope with watching another humdinger like the last 2 in public  Whistle  And I will   pray for reasonable weather and a good calm match with Andy the victor  cmon yeah cmon yeah

Official forecast is for rain easing later - 15 degrees and 37 kph wind.  So cold, damp and windy even if the rain stops - not ideal conditions but I do hope you get to see some play Ruthie - wear your thermals!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43 PM »

Yesterday Murray  was kept waiting while Serena wandered around, tomorrow he  will be similarily delayed as Sharapova strolls about. Why can't the women take the late slot for a change. Equal pay for equal conditions?
  Could the answer be "bums on seats." Who would hang around to see boring women's tennis?
Federer however, goes first on centre court tomorrow.  I wonder why?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 01:03 PM »

It really was the most awful draw.  As Andy himself says, Nadal losing only helps if he actually makes it to the semis.  In contrast the other side of the draw and even Tsonga's quarter look like a walk in the park!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 01:04 PM »

Yesterday Murray  was kept waiting while Serena wandered around, tomorrow he  will be similarily delayed as Sharapova strolls about. Why can't the women take the late slot for a change. Equal pay for equal conditions?
  Could the answer be "bums on seats." Who would hang around to see boring women's tennis?
Federer however, goes first on centre court tomorrow.  I wonder why?

He's been speaking to Mr Wimbledon methinks!
IP Logged
strider
Junior

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 01:07 PM »

Highlights from their Australian Open match in 2010.

I hope that Andy has shorts with deeper pockets, whatever Very Happy

Has there ever been a single match where Murray has played more magical shots than that one??

Some of the stuff there is beyond magnificent............
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 01:34 PM »

omg this means I'm going to see Andy 2morrow as my friend has tickets for court 1 - though quite far back.  I'm going into voice training for shouting come on Mr Magic.  But tbh would prefer Andy was safely under the roof given the weather forecast.  Do hope it's not as bad as forecast and that they manage to play the match in reasonable conditions. And we certainly don't want Cilic getting over his marathon by the time the match is played.
So excited but not sure I can cope with watching another humdinger like the last 2 in public  Whistle  And I will   pray for reasonable weather and a good calm match with Andy the victor  cmon yeah cmon yeah

Hope you have a great time Ruthie! Smile There isn't a bad seat in Court 1, our seats were two rows from the back but we had a really good view of the action.
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Hope the Murray nerves will be a little more settled by tomorrow, never mind the `body parts' Mac referred to in commentary!  Do you suppose Rescue Remedy shows up in drug tests?!? Think
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 03:49 PM »

I am not sure how much is left in Cilic but he will sure try to make it competitive at least for a set and half. And even if he wins a set, I don't think he has the energy to go all the way against a much better opponent like Andy. And that H2H along with the fact that Andy has always edged him in GSs except for 2009 USO will play a significant part in this match. Here they are rounding it up as they will now have played in all Slams.

That being said, I really hope Andy will be off to a good start unlike yesterday. He was very unimpressive in the first two sets and then, from the 2 and 1/2 sets on, he got his act together. I really think Andy sometimes goes into matches knowing he would win but sometimes he is so casual about it that he ends up digging a bit too deep. Besides, I get the feeling though that he loves to comeback in a match. For some reason, he gets a kick out of it.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 03:57 PM »

I'm pretty sure Andy was carrying an injury when he lost to Cilic in 2009.  I don't think it was widely known at the time but became apparant later.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 04:37 PM »

You're doing a great job out there Andy, and we're all loving it!    cmonandy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Thanks Katie and Alis.  Do hope it does clear up later.  Yes have packed my fleece and will wear a warm raincoat.  But we know these are not conditions that suit Andy's tennis so it's bad luck it's tomorrow he has do his time on court 1.  But I can see that they need to put him on same court as delpo and ferrer as otherwise would favour him over them for next round.  Good news about far back seats being good.
Yes Andy was carrying a wrist injury I think Alis when he lost to Cilic at USO though he didn't mention it at the time.  And EJ I don't think it's that he's casual but he himself said he was nervous - which is why I think rescue remedy would be so helpful.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »