Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 15685 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 08:38 PM »

They should start earlier tomorrow (1pm is a joke) and try and get as many matches played as possible under the roof. Is there a limit to how many matches they would play one day on centre? Will the grass wear out too quickly with too many matches?
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Queen Fed on first centre court... 2 days rest, playing an easy opponent... no rain delays then more rest...another day in Fedland.

clap  clap  clap
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Karlovic aside, Andy has had a fairly easy draw as well so far. And Cilic is a benign opponent for the last 16 of a Slam.
Odd then how comms such as Johnnie Mac say Andy has the toughest draw of the top 4 - or are you a bigger expert bn?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 09:37 PM »

They should start earlier tomorrow (1pm is a joke) and try and get as many matches played as possible under the roof. Is there a limit to how many matches they would play one day on centre? Will the grass wear out too quickly with too many matches?
Tis a mystery to me.  Some of the Show Court scheduling this year has been really poor.  It was very lucky that Andy got the job done just in time last night otherwise this week's scheduling would have been a joke.  Show courts should start same time as other courts i.e. 11.30am and allow plenty of time for long matches
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Seriously. WTF are the All England Club doing? Why on earth would you put Murray on Court 1 tomorrow with the weather that is due. The pulled exactly the same **** as this last year. Absolute ******* idiots! 
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 09:43 PM »

Seriously. WTF are the All England Club doing? Why on earth would you put Murray on Court 1 tomorrow with the weather that is due. The pulled exactly the same sh*t as this last year. Absolute f**king idiots! 
Usual crap British political correctness - can't be seen to favouring Andy so they go too far the other way.  Sure, no-one can expect to play Centre all the time but they should have put Andy on no.1 for his first match when the weather was good but no, they put Smugfed on there instead.  But, at least Ferrer/DP are after Andy
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55 PM »

They are ridiculous for not favoring Andy, and putting him on CC knowing the forecast. i'm sure during Feds peak he played on centre every match. Roddick is always on Ashe at USO. Why not Andy?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 09:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure Andy was carrying an injury when he lost to Cilic in 2009.  I don't think it was widely known at the time but became apparant later.
Tendonitis in his left wrist - and then he played in the DC against Poland to keep John Lloyd happy, aggravated it, and was out for 6 weeks, which caused his ranking to drop to No.4 - and the only thanks he got from that ******* ungrateful individual was a kick in the teeth a few months later.  I will NEVER forgive JL for that!

Basically the forecast is  rain from 9am to 8pm. Tuesday looks pretty much the same.
I can see a Monday final looming.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 09:58 PM »

Odd then how comms such as Johnnie Mac say Andy has the toughest draw of the top 4 - or are you a bigger expert bn?

Yes I am.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57 PM »

What's the reasoning behind the 1pm start on Centre/No 1 at Wimbledon? Don't all the other Slams begin at 11am on their main courts? Someone on another site suggested it was to let the twats in the hospitality seats get their fancy lunches first so they wouldn't miss any of the tennis. I'm inclined to agree, so we end up with the late finishes, roof-closing interrupting matches and a tighter schedule which doesn't accomodate rainy afternoons/evenings.

I've long thought that Wimbledon had the fairest scheduling of all the Slams in that at least everyone played on the same day in the second week and there wasn't the stupid Super Saturday that there is at the US Open, but this 1pm start thing has got on my tits this year.

So annoyed that Frauderer is going to get the benefit of the roof on Centre tomorrow, but he'd obviously kick up an almighty stink if he were in Andy's position tomorrow, so they've decided to placate him.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 11:29 PM »

I've long thought that Wimbledon had the fairest scheduling of all the Slams in that at least everyone played on the same day in the second week and there wasn't the stupid Super Saturday that there is at the US Open, but this 1pm start thing has got on my tits this year.

That's the one problem with the roof. If all the other courts are rained off then those playing (and winning) under the roof will have an advantage for the later rounds. Andy is facing 2 matches in consecutive days. Im not too bothered as long as the other players in Andy's section of the draw are in the same position ie. Ferrer/Delpo/Tsonga. Its noticeable both Fed and Joker are playing under the roof tomorrow. Both are in the same section of the draw. I think the organisers looked at monday's forecast and decided they wouldn't have a match from both halfs of the draw under the roof. At least thats something.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #56 on: July 02, 2012, 02:00 AM »

Weather looks abysmal for tomorrow, and Murray is on Court 1. Frown

I think it was McEnore last year who said he couldn't fathom why Andy wasn't always on centre court. His thinking was that the Lawn Tennis Association should be bending over backwards to support their top player. Especially given no Brit has won the damn thing since dinosaurs were roaming the earth.

It looks like Tuesday for Andy then with no doubt Joker and Fed safely through and able to put their feet up.

Queen Fed on first centre court... 2 days rest, playing an easy opponent... no rain delays then more rest...another day in Fedland.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but then giving your home player a bit of a rough ride is not good thing either!  How many times are you going to shaft the Brits Wimbledon? Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #57 on: July 02, 2012, 02:03 AM »

Came across this:-

WIMBLEDON chiefs risk derailing Andy Murray’s glory push by shunting him out to Court No 1 today.

But with rain forecast today, SW19 bosses have again failed to back the Scot in his pursuit of a first Wimbledon crown. An insider told SunSport: “Do they want him to win Wimbledon or not?

“I think it’s a very odd decision, especially coming into the second week.

“They have to give Andy the best chance of winning it and that means putting him on Centre so there are no worries about the weather.

“They aren’t doing that though, which is puzzling.”

Former British No 1 Tim Henman has already questioned the scheduling after querying why Murray was put on last for his clash with Baghdatis.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/tennis/4404999/Andy-Murrays-Wimbledon-bid-hit-by-court-schedule.html
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #58 on: July 02, 2012, 02:16 AM »

And found this too:-

Andy Murray will wear a new pair of shorts when he steps on to court for his fourth-round match against Croatia's Marin Cilic on Monday.

After the spare ball slipped from his pocket three times during Saturday's late-night encounter with Marcos Baghdatis - he was twice punished with lost points - the British No 1 will change into a different version manufactured by adidas.

The German sportswear giant investigated the issue before issuing a statement, which read: 'Adidas works closely with Andy on the design of all his kit and we believe the issues were the result of an individual technical error in the handmade pockets of those shorts. Andy will now wear the Barricade Bermuda short.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2167408/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-new-shorts-switch.html
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #59 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59 AM »

Raining already in Kew, this isn't looking good. Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »