Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 15216 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #60 on: July 02, 2012, 09:00 AM »

By the way, why has my avatar become a clapping smiley? Has someone hacked my account??
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #61 on: July 02, 2012, 09:07 AM »

I'm thinking of a new scenario.  The rain clears later today, in time for Andy to beat Cilic.  Ferrer and DP have to play tomorrow (bound to be a long one). When Andy plays on Centre on Wed his opponent (particularly if it's DP) will be totally knackered.

Maybe this is what the toffs in charge at Wimbledon are thinking!
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #62 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41 AM »

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Doubt there'll be much play on the outside courts today.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 11:24 AM »

I'm still extremely annoyed with the Schedule for today. Its utter bullsh*t.  Fed gets CC.  2 days rest. Another day in Fedland. He gets everything his own way.  Its favouritism.   Its pathetic that TAEC can't even support the only Brit left in the tournament.  Also lots of people bought CC tickets just to see Murray.  Look what happened there?!  He got put on court 1.  WTF?!.  He should of got CC in replace of Fed or Nole.  Its only fair because he is a Brit and it is Wimbledon.  The number 1 court matches>>>>>>>>>> CC matches.  They have a lot more potential and drama. Cilic v Murray or Fed v Malisse.  I know which match I would prefer to watch. Its obvious.  Nole v Victor?!  I'm sorry but the Delpo v Ferrer match will be a lot more competitive and it could be a potential epic.  As for the women its ridiculous that last years winner Kvitova is getting put on court 3.  Disrespect much?!.  The Masha v Sabine could be a yet another epic.  But I won't argue since Vika v Ana could be a epic too.  By the looks of the weather only CC matches will get played today.  This will not only effect Murray's chances of winning tournament but many others as well.  Eg Serena, Delpo, Kvitova, Tsonga, Vika.  As you know I am a Muzz fan its a stressful ordeal. This will make it even more stressful for me D:.   It's just another manic Monday I wish it was Sunday 'Cause that's my funday.
F**k you   Wimbledon Schedulers. F**k you British weather.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #64 on: July 02, 2012, 11:34 AM »

I'm thinking of a new scenario.  The rain clears later today, in time for Andy to beat Cilic.  Ferrer and DP have to play tomorrow (bound to be a long one). When Andy plays on Centre on Wed his opponent (particularly if it's DP) will be totally knackered.

Maybe this is what the toffs in charge at Wimbledon are thinking!

Last nights' radar showed there could be a gap around early evening but this mornings one shows rain all day. Im furious. The short-sightedness of the organisers is truly baffling.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #65 on: July 02, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Apparently the covers are coming off now which is good news!

I agree with you John - I'd have put Delpo v Ferrer and Andy v Cilic on Centre, they've got the potential to be the most competitive of the day (and longest too). Novak/Troicki in particular is bound to be one-sided, that particular matchup is always so dull to watch.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 11:37 AM »

No it's favoritism to put Murray on the Centre court for every round!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 11:37 AM »

Top 4 mens seeds never get scheduled off Centre or Court 1. Top 4 ladies seeds and title contenders get sent to the parking lot.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #68 on: July 02, 2012, 11:38 AM »

No it's favoritism to put Murray on the Centre court for every round!
-_-  LOL  no.  Its Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #69 on: July 02, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Wimbledon is saying that - in the interests of fairness -  they don't put any player on Centre for all of their matches.  From that we would deduce that Djoko will be on Court 1 for the quarters - we'll see.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #70 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39 AM »

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Doubt there'll be much play on the outside courts today.

From Wimbly web-blog

MORNING!
10:00Welcome to Mad Monday. A unique day for a unique tournament. As a result of our little rest day yesterday, we get ALL the fourth-round matches today. I'm saying it: it's quite simply one of the greatest days on the tennis calendar.

They appear to be missing something, oh, here it comes!

10:07So, while we are all brimming with excitement about Mad Monday, it befalls me to tell you the weather news: put simply, it's raining and it looks quite set in.

Although, as Katie has just said, they've taken the covers off now.

I'm guessing it won't be long before they're back on.  Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #71 on: July 02, 2012, 11:40 AM »

Wimbledon is saying that - in the interests of fairness -  they don't put any player on Centre for all of their matches.  From that we would deduce that Djoko will be on Court 1 for the quarters - we'll see.

Yes, quite.  I think I'd already mentioned that too search
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #72 on: July 02, 2012, 11:40 AM »

Guessing Djokovic will be on Court 1 for his quarter-final match then?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #73 on: July 02, 2012, 11:43 AM »

Yes, quite.  I think I'd already mentioned that too search

Found it!  It was on the match report thread. Very Happy

When's Nole getting his turn then?  He'll be through to Wednesday's match for sure Whistle

Guessing Djokovic will be on Court 1 for his quarter-final match then?

Absolutely!  In Wimbledon fairness of course Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2012 R4: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #74 on: July 02, 2012, 11:46 AM »

From beeb text

1140:

The covers may be off but you can pack up your sandals and put the straw hat back in the wardrobe because summer is over. The sky is the colour of dirty dishwater and wellies and rain coats will be the order of the day. "So far there hasn't been too many interruptions to play at Wimbledon but I suspect that could change this week," says BBC weatherman Simon King. "Certainly today's forecast isn't promising with overcast skies and persistent rain this morning lasting for most of the day and into the evening. There is a possibility of getting a drier spell around mid-afternoon but it's unlikely to last for long."

1141:

News has just reached me that play will begin on courts two to 19 at midday so it's time to start stretching those hamstrings.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »