Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will be crowned winner?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 179 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

(Read 28855 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #75 on: July 06, 2013, 02:23 AM »

good
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #76 on: July 06, 2013, 02:49 AM »

I'm watching the Olympic SF again now. Neither player really played well in the 1st set, Djokovic was making a lot of UEs. But there were a couple of good rallies.
[ Last edit by laundry July 06, 2013, 03:07 AM ] IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #77 on: July 06, 2013, 02:57 AM »

Nice, Bev.  ANDY, ANDY, ANDY, (not shouting at him) just saying ANDY ~ all the way! No pressure ……..
When I think of the last time similar situation….AU I think, Andy so almost had it, then Djokovic started pumping himself up & getting everyone else to back him and he got it just like that.  It was unreal. Tell me that cannot happen again, not here, not now.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #78 on: July 06, 2013, 03:18 AM »

Watching back I'm surprised by how bad Novak was in the match, Andy wasn't even at his best. Really what won Andy was simply Novak making UEs more than Andy in the rallies and Andy playing the big points well - turned on just a little bit more aggression for those points. I feel like Andy got the perfect balance of aggression in the match, that's something he can hopefully replicate on Sunday. Andy had to really battle to save most of his serves in the match though.
[ Last edit by laundry July 06, 2013, 03:30 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #79 on: July 06, 2013, 03:28 AM »

Nice, Bev.  ANDY, ANDY, ANDY, (not shouting at him) just saying ANDY ~ all the way! No pressure ……..
When I think of the last time similar situation….AU I think, Andy so almost had it, then Djokovic started pumping himself up & getting everyone else to back him and he got it just like that.  It was unreal. Tell me that cannot happen again, not here, not now.

I really can't see the crowd rooting for Djokovic, unless a large number of the Serbs who live in the UK turn up (and they can be a noisy lot - although JJ's Polish pals didn't do so badly initially with their hand-clapping).  I think that, should Andy turn in a poor performance, by his standards, the crowd will probably just go quiet - but that's something I don't care to even contemplate.  Yes there will be ups and downs, but Andy doesn't believe in giving his fans an easy time, yet we love him all the more for it! 
[ Last edit by Aileen July 06, 2013, 03:34 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #80 on: July 06, 2013, 07:27 AM »

The best grass court player on the circuit v the current  No 1.
How fitting! How exciting!
Andy in 4.
Come on! yahooo
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #81 on: July 06, 2013, 08:05 AM »

Tweet from Judy:

Question to Andy #Murray in post-match press: What would Fred Perry say to u now? Murray: "Why are you not wearing my kit?".

Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #82 on: July 06, 2013, 08:25 AM »

I think this could be a classic.  Andy has come through showing confidence and a refusal to give in even when not playing his best. And his serving has been phenomenal.  I just hope that the match with JJ hasn't disrupted his rhythm too much as I know in the past such a match has sometimes affected the following match.  But I'm sure he and Lendl know how to deal with that now.
Btw Gangsta and Megan I'm a Yorkshire woman too.  I don't live there now but was born there and lived in Bradford for about 6 years and still believe it's god's own county.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #83 on: July 06, 2013, 08:41 AM »

Frankly, after continually enduring Andy's erratic form all week I would not bet on him beating Djokovic   
 tomorrow but I shall be watching and hoping for a miracle. D and M are surely the best tennis players around at the moment, but I fear that D is the best of all and M is the best of the rest.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #84 on: July 06, 2013, 08:43 AM »

I think this could be a classic.  Andy has come through showing confidence and a refusal to give in even when not playing his best. And his serving has been phenomenal.  I just hope that the match with JJ hasn't disrupted his rhythm too much as I know in the past such a match has sometimes affected the following match.  But I'm sure he and Lendl know how to deal with that now.
Btw Gangsta and Megan I'm a Yorkshire woman too.  I don't live there now but was born there and lived in Bradford for about 6 years and still believe it's god's own county.

w00t  We're everywhere! highfive  From Doncaster yes  Kiwi's think NZ is gods own - I've put them straight about that one! naughty
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #85 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45 AM »

Frankly, after continually enduring Andy's erratic form all week I would not bet on him beating Djokovic   
 tomorrow but I shall be watching and hoping for a miracle. D and M are surely the best tennis players around at the moment, but I fear that D is the best of all and M is the best of the rest.

Not the positive vibes we are hoping for!  Why shouldn't Andy win?  He's got all the tools, we just need them using correctly yes

I shall be up at 1 am for yet another night yawn  I may keep off MW again, depending on the mood Eyebrow raise.  You know who you are!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #86 on: July 06, 2013, 08:48 AM »

Tweet from Judy:

Question to Andy #Murray in post-match press: What would Fred Perry say to u now? Murray: "Why are you not wearing my kit?".

Smile

I loved that Wimbledon kit tender  That was a desktop a work for a while drool

* Fred Perry Kit.JPG (54.83 KB, 476x970 - viewed 24 times.)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #87 on: July 06, 2013, 08:50 AM »

glad to see you flying the yorkshire flag in NZ Bev.  And I agree, why the negativity bb?  I can see no reason why Andy shouldn't bring his A game to the match tomorrow (other than that pesky back but it looked fine yesterday).   Nole  has had his dips too.  Also it will be hot hot hot, which Nole doesn't like even if he can deal with it better than in the past.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #88 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20 AM »

I just hope this time Andy attacks the net a bit more than in Australia.
  Different venue, different surface, different niggles! Lets hope for a different outcome too!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #89 on: July 06, 2013, 09:38 AM »

No matter how I look at this match I can't see Andy winning it. Joker was flawless until the semis and then he withstood an absolute barrage of incredible forehands over 5 sets from Delpo.

I was hoping it would be windy but it looks like its going to be sunny and calm tomorrow. Agree Andy needs to try to get to the net more. If he trades baseline rallies with Joker he will lose eventually. Joker can outlast anyone doing that. Perhaps a slight chance that semi will have affected him  physically and mentally such that he is a few percent below par. And if Andy can raise his game a few percent then who knows but Im going for Joker in 4. Really hope I'm wrong but the gap between Joker and Andy at this wimbledon looks to me about the same as the gap between Andy and Berdych/Tsonga.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 179 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »