Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will be crowned winner?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 179 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

(Read 30614 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #150 on: July 06, 2013, 05:20 PM »

I forgot which option I voted for. doh

EDIT: I see it in bold font. doh
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #151 on: July 06, 2013, 05:29 PM »

Loved reading your post TJ!  Andy has been a new person since winning the Olympics and the US Open. He's more confident and determined. And his matches coming up to the finals took smarts and determination which he has. I would have liked to be a mouse in a corner listening to the advice given to him by Lendl.

IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #152 on: July 06, 2013, 05:31 PM »

I heard today that there will be a slight breeze and 84 degrees, the hottest so far.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #153 on: July 06, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Loved reading your post TJ!  Andy has been a new person since winning the Olympics and the US Open. He's more confident and determined. And his matches coming up to the finals took smarts and determination which he has. I would have liked to be a mouse in a corner listening to the advice given to him by Lendl.

I think you can work out, to a point, what Lendl has been helping Andy with. For me it's noticeable now how Andy recovers much more quickly when he makes errors. Andy has said himself how Lendl has encouraged him to be more positive. I think Lendl has also helped Andy to see he belongs right there with the very best.

I think the big thing with Lendl and Andy is that Lendl gets, probably like no one else, how tough it is to win majors. He knows exactly what it is like to be in a position of losing four before winning one. He went on to win 8, so he didn't do too badly.

I love the respect and affection that seems to be there between them. I think they are absolutely made for each other, and Andy's results show it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #154 on: July 06, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Djokovic's cyclical CVAC treatment has already upped his red blood cell count to double that of Lance Armstrong at his cheating best. Thanks to that and that alone he will outlast Murray (who refuses on principle to even look at one). Basically Djokovic will not have any lactic acid problems while Andy will. Until they ban this outright fraud Djokovic will continue to have the advantage every match he plays.
Really? But wouldn't he have been on that at the 2012 US Open?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #155 on: July 06, 2013, 05:47 PM »

I heard today that there will be a slight breeze and 84 degrees, the hottest so far.
Oh my.....That is 'hot'! I hope you'll be doing a printoff of Djoko's picture Apollo!  :whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #156 on: July 06, 2013, 05:47 PM »

I've gone for Andy in four!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #157 on: July 06, 2013, 05:55 PM »

Brilliant brilliant brilliant as ever MM!!  clap clap clap

Ditto from me, MM.  MW's Poet Laureate. Smile
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #158 on: July 06, 2013, 06:03 PM »

I've gone for an Olympic-style smash in 3.  This is Andy's year.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #159 on: July 06, 2013, 06:16 PM »

Andy in 4 I have a feeling Novak will be tired out after that long match
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #160 on: July 06, 2013, 06:26 PM »

Andy in 4 I have a feeling Novak will be tired out after that long match
I'd love to think Novak will be tired, but I really don't think so.  Far too fit for one long match to bother him.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #161 on: July 06, 2013, 06:30 PM »

^ Yes, but I don't think anyone's fitter than Andy at the moment!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #162 on: July 06, 2013, 06:39 PM »

They are both magnificent tennis players.  May the best man win.

(The best man of course is called Murray!)

Andy in three.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #163 on: July 06, 2013, 06:46 PM »

This from Djokovic:  "I know what to expect," "He's a local hero. He has a big chance to win Wimbledon after a long time for this nation. People will be supporting him.
"I'm going to play against one of the biggest tennis players in the world in last five years. I'm ready for it."

He's got the message loud and clear.  Is he up to the challenge?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #164 on: July 06, 2013, 06:47 PM »

This from Djokovic:  "I know what to expect," "He's a local hero. He has a big chance to win Wimbledon after a long time for this nation. People will be supporting him.
"I'm going to play against one of the biggest tennis players in the world in last five years. I'm ready for it."

He's got the message loud and clear.  Is he up to the challenge?

Sounds similar to something Tomic would say, before Federer destroyed his immature ass. Fate will drive down the right road. Murray to win.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 179 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »