Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will be crowned winner?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

(Read 28436 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2625 on: October 11, 2013, 07:54 PM »

I watch these type of home videos every few weeks to give me a laugh and remind me of the joy I felt that day. Although if anyone had been recording me I'm sure it would have been a helluva lot funnier than most I've seen lol my antics were off the scale!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2626 on: October 13, 2013, 09:41 AM »

That last game.... i still find it hard to watch without breaking into a sweat even knowing the outcome! I just watch it and there are so many 'what if' moments, he just hit lines where an inch would have given the game to Djokovic, he ran for dropshots where he could have slipped, Djoko could have hit that last ball back... so many things could have gone wrong but thankfully it all worked out in the end, god only knows what the result would have been if he had lost that game.

Realistically we could all be here now thinking back to that match and cringing at how he lost the Wimbledon final after having 3 match points, i doubt he or any of us here would have ever gotten over that.

Gnome, that's an interesting thought.  I sometimes have the same thought but try to push it away from my mind.  But sometimes I just can't help it...

What if Andy HAD lost that last game, to tie the set at 5-5?  Cold he have recovered from that?  Maybe not!  Maybe Djoko would have found enough encouragement to start playing brilliantly, and Andy could have seen his game drop due to the pain of losing the three match points.

It's perfectly possible that Andy could have lost the match and the championship.  How would he have recovered from that?  How would we - his fans - have dealt witrh it?

Like I said, I try not to think about it.  
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2627 on: October 13, 2013, 07:58 PM »

but the memory of the possibility mp makes it all the more sweeter that he won so it's worth remembering when feeling down about Andy's enforced absence from the game  yay
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2628 on: October 13, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Every tennis match played has loads of what ifs. No point in dwelling on it. HE WON  yay 
[ Last edit by Tessie October 13, 2013, 09:33 PM ] IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2629 on: October 14, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Every tennis match played has loads of what ifs. No point in dwelling on it. HE WON  yay 

And they were Wimbledon Championship point’s not just match points, significantly more pressure and importance.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2630 on: October 14, 2013, 03:37 PM »

Absolutely correct comment, Tessie. Why on earth would any of us have negative thoughts that "what if ----- etc". Andy won. Let's all enjoy it for ever!
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2631 on: October 14, 2013, 04:14 PM »

When it went to 40-0 in the final game, I said to my self "Andy is winning this too easy".  Then of course it went down hill from there. It doesn't help that you have Djokovic on the other side of the net the King of Comebacks. But Andy won a none of that matters now.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2632 on: October 14, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Absolutely correct comment, Tessie. Why on earth would any of us have negative thoughts that "what if ----- etc". Andy won. Let's all enjoy it for ever!

It's called being retrospective, it's got nothing to do with being negative
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2633 on: October 14, 2013, 05:37 PM »

When it went to 40-0 in the final game, I said to my self "Andy is winning this too easy".  Then of course it went down hill from there. It doesn't help that you have Djokovic on the other side of the net the King of Comebacks. But Andy won a none of that matters now.  cmon yeah

The moral of the story is never jinx it by even thinking that it's too easy! It's easily done though. I still come out in a cold sweat when I remember singing 'You're not winning any more' to Federer when Andy took the first set in the 2012 Wimbledon final. To this day I'm convinced he lost because I tempted fate Smile.

The amazing thing about that last game from this year is that it's still nerve-wracking, even when you know the result. I still have to smile at one point, I think it's the second deuce. The camera flicks up briefly to Judy and Leon Smith. Leon's face is priceless, he looks like he wants to go down there and beat Djokovic into submission on Andy's behalf. For once I can honestly say I know how he felt!

Must just also say the review of Wimbledon 2013 has just come out on DVD. I think it's pretty good, worth having. There is a lovely moment in it where Andy is introduced to one of the junior players, a lad from Korea I think. The young man has been deaf since birth and had lost his first round match in the junior event, but really wanted to meet Andy. Watching this young man's face as Andy took the time out to speak to him is priceless. From his reaction you would think he'd been handed the Wimbledon trophy there and then and been told he could keep it, it's a lovely moment.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2634 on: October 14, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Only Murray fans would spend time sweating about the possibiities of andy losing matches he won lol.

Teejay I also have the wimbledon review dvd and very muh enjoyed it - that was indeed a lovely moment when Andy met that junior player.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2635 on: October 14, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Must just also say the review of Wimbledon 2013 has just come out on DVD. I think it's pretty good, worth having.

TJ, I have ordered Wimbledon 2013 review on your recommendation as I trust your judgment totally.

Every time you suggested to acquire any particular DVD, your opinion has ben met with my pleasure on the purchase.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2636 on: October 14, 2013, 10:01 PM »

TJ, I have ordered Wimbledon 2013 review on your recommendation as I trust your judgment totally.

Every time you suggested to acquire any particular DVD, your opinion has ben met with my pleasure on the purchase.

Oh bless you for that, it's so kind of you to say.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2637 on: October 14, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Oh bless you for that, it's so kind of you to say.

What else is on this DVD? Is it worth having as well as the DVD of the match?

Thanks
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2638 on: October 15, 2013, 09:12 AM »

What else is on this DVD? Is it worth having as well as the DVD of the match?

Thanks

It's a review of the whole event. I think it's interesting this year because of all the upsets.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon F: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #2639 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51 AM »

It's a review of the whole event. I think it's interesting this year because of all the upsets.

Thanks for the tip TeeJay.  I have to add it to my "Christmas List" and so will have to wait a couple of months.  My family claim that I'm really" hard to buy for" and so I have to defer any personal purchases from about October onwards or I get moaned at! 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »