Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will kick butt?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Verdasco in 3
Verdasco in 4
Verdasco in 5

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 93 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco

(Read 14846 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #90 on: July 02, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Hopefully Delpo isn't too bad, and the extra rest will put him back on track.

I've not actually watched any of the Ferrer matches, but his scores haven't made him look like he's playing amazingly.  Then again, I think you can give too much credit to an easy win.  Fed had an easy win in his first round, and Serena had many easy wins.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #91 on: July 02, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Very selfishly, I hope it's on nearer to 5pm.

If we can be selfish, then I'm hoping for a quick 3 set match beforehand, and on at 3pm UK time, giving me a 2am start.  That's a 4 hour window before I have to get up for work. lol  My guess is that I'm going to be consigned to a laptop to watch Andy's match, whatever the time.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #92 on: July 02, 2013, 09:13 PM »

If we can be selfish, then I'm hoping for a quick 3 set match beforehand, and on at 3pm UK time, giving me a 2am start.  That's a 4 hour window before I have to get up for work. lol  My guess is that I'm going to be consigned to a laptop to watch Andy's match, whatever the time.
Hehe - you're some trooper, Bev!  I hope you get caught up on your sleep after Andy wins the title on Sunday!  pray  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #93 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16 PM »

5pm would be my guess. I don't know what you are talking about suggesting Delpo may retire. Seems he's near to 100% fit and playing superbly given he's not dropped a set yet. This will be a long match and I'll take Delpo to win.

Additionally I think Delpo could conceiveably beat Joker in the semis given he beat him last year at the Olympics. Ferrer on the other hand can't hurt Joker.

If Novak makes the semis I think Berdych could pull it out of the bag yet.

But I cant worry about the other side of the draw yet Andy has 2 matches before it matters.  With potentially JJ in the semis which worries me more than any of them anyway.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #94 on: July 02, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Hehe - you're some trooper, Bev!  I hope you get caught up on your sleep after Andy wins the title on Sunday!  pray  cmon yeah

lol One match at a time eh Elly? crossfingers
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #95 on: July 02, 2013, 09:19 PM »

lol One match at a time eh Elly? crossfingers
I know - but I'm practicing the art of positive thinking!  Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #96 on: July 02, 2013, 09:20 PM »

Apparently,Delpo's knee was pretty bad the other day-he said he couldn't extend it fully-but that it was better today.I suppose it's anyone's guess as to how he'll feel tomorrow,but if it isn't good I wouldn't fancy his chances against Ferrer.I hope he's in good shape though-I quite like Ferrer,but he's far too close to Andy's ranking for comfort,and I agree with Bignose that Delpo (a healthy Delpo,I should say) stands a much better chance of beating Nole.

I agree with Tessie too though-I'm too scared of JJ to look past him yet.Actually,what am I saying-I'm scared of Verdasco at this point! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #97 on: July 02, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Really are we being too safe in our assessment of Andy's chances? He has had a good draw has played solidly.The worry is not Verdasco but the wild man from Poland in the semis. When he wins, Andy I mean, how about some histrionics? Not just fist pumps, chest thumping or thanks to the diety but a bit of heart felt shirt demolition? What do you mean its not Andy's style? OK I'll get my tongue out of my cheek now. C'mon Andy!!!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #98 on: July 02, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Really are we being too safe in our assessment of Andy's chances? He has had a good draw has played solidly.The worry is not Verdasco but the wild man from Poland in the semis. When he wins, Andy I mean, how about some histrionics? Not just fist pumps, chest thumping or thanks to the diety but a bit of heart felt shirt demolition? What do you mean its not Andy's style? OK I'll get my tongue out of my cheek now. C'mon Andy!!!

Im jumping the gun a bit but Im really looking forward to Andy dismantling JJ in the semis. This guy is the most annoying on tour, celebrating every point with a clenched fist and an intensity as though he's won the bloody tournament. If some of you guys get annoyed by Federer or Berdych you ain't seen nothing like this guy. He'll drive you up the wall whenever he wins a point.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #99 on: July 02, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Im jumping the gun a bit but Im really looking forward to Andy dismantling JJ in the semis. This guy is the most annoying on tour, celebrating every point with a clenched fist and an intensity as though he's won the bloody tournament. If some of you guys get annoyed by Federer or Berdych you ain't seen nothing like this guy. He'll drive you up the wall whenever he wins a point.

Saw some of his last match. Know exactly what you mean.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #100 on: July 02, 2013, 09:41 PM »

If I remember correctly during the USO many on this forum were profoundly worried about the match against Milos R, and what did Andy do in that match, gave Milos a real lesson, so he is more than capable of doing the same to JJ. These big serving giants with massive forehands come on the scene and win against many, but once the other players start reading their game they get beaten.
So I am not going to be worried about JJ or anyone else but trust in Andy that he will play his best.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #101 on: July 02, 2013, 09:47 PM »

If I remember correctly during the USO many on this forum were profoundly worried about the match against Milos R, and what did Andy do in that match, gave Milos a real lesson, so he is more than capable of doing the same to JJ. These big serving giants with massive forehands come on the scene and win against many, but once the other players start reading their game they get beaten.
So I am not going to be worried about JJ or anyone else but trust in Andy that he will play his best.

Really wish I could be that calm Michelle.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #102 on: July 02, 2013, 09:48 PM »

Apparently,Delpo's knee was pretty bad the other day-he said he couldn't extend it fully-but that it was better today.I suppose it's anyone's guess as to how he'll feel tomorrow,but if it isn't good I wouldn't fancy his chances against Ferrer.I hope he's in good shape though-I quite like Ferrer,but he's far too close to Andy's ranking for comfort,and I agree with Bignose that Delpo (a healthy Delpo,I should say) stands a much better chance of beating Nole.

I agree with Tessie too though-I'm too scared of JJ to look past him yet.Actually,what am I saying-I'm scared of Verdasco at this point! Rolling Eyes
Well Ferrer stands absolutely no chance of beating Nole, so pretty much anyone has more chance than Ferrer of beating him.

No disrespect to Ferrer like..
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #103 on: July 02, 2013, 10:07 PM »

I havent seen much of Delpo at all this event, but from what i've heard he's been mediocre and taken advantage of an easy draw. Mr consistancy Ferrer has been distinctly inconsistent this wimby layed some blinding set and some awful ones. One can't predict the outcome of this one plus add to the fact both players are injured, could be over in a hour due to retirement, or be a 4-5 setter staring nearer 5-6 so who knows!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #104 on: July 02, 2013, 10:09 PM »

I wish people wouldn't look beyond this match! Rolling Eyes

So the estimated time is staying as 3pm.  We all know what's going on and can keep an eye on things, although I'm prepared for a Delpo withdrawal which would mean Andy's match starting at 1pm.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 93 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »