Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will kick butt?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Verdasco in 3
Verdasco in 4
Verdasco in 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 93 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco  (Read 11599 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 09:35 PM »

I don't have Beeb coverage.. so could someone please let me know what he's saying in his post-match.

I saw him grab his left hip and knee during his match and wasn't particularly over-concerned (because 'that's just Andy')

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Again like today Andy was the most likely of everyone playing to make the QF, he is also the most likely to get into the SF.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 09:41 PM »

I don't have Beeb coverage.. so could someone please let me know what he's saying in his post-match.

I saw him grab his left hip and knee during his match and wasn't particularly over-concerned (because 'that's just Andy')

I've posted these in another thread,but here you go Linda-tweets from the press who've spoken to our man

Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM
Andy Murray said that he'd needed 20 minutes extra treatment after his match but there was 'no cause for concern'.

Carole Bouchard ‏@carole_bouchard
"I don't want it to be a case of, you know, things creeping back up on me", says Murray about his back and the treatments needed today.

Carole Bouchard ‏@carole_bouchard
 Andy said "my back is what it is", says he felt things on court but that it's going much better than in past weeks
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 09:43 PM »

^ Thanks, Dani.

I'm not going to fret over it because I know whatever happens Andy will give it his all, and then some.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 09:47 PM »

He's just posted a picture of himself in the ESPN Studio looks fine, we just have to remember the team he has round him and the experts he has at hand.  Hard not to stress tho'
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 09:48 PM »

The fact we are unsure whether Andy will be on centre I find rediculous. It should be a certainty. No2 seed ..slam QF...home player... If there is a match that attracts more interest than Andy's.... well ...that level of support would speak for itself. Any other country wouldn't even need to debate that scenario.

He might get a better crowd on court 1
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 09:55 PM »

can't believe they would not put andy on centre for the QFs.  He's had his obligatory match on 1.   I don't think the crowd would necessarily be better on 1 than centre.  today it may have been slow getting going after the serena loss and andy said he came on straight after so many people had gone off for a bite to eat etc.   Not sure what happened in 2nd set.  He just seemed all over the place for quite a long spell.  But it was so good he didn't leet Y snitch the 2nd set and then closed it out very quickly having got through that scare.  Onwards and upwards Andy.  But don't lets underestimate verdasco who sounds as though he has refound his form.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 10:03 PM »

If Andy's on Centre on Wed I'll do my best to get the crowd going cos I'll be there in row 7.  Thought the crowd were crap today
Lucky you Mackem. You'll have to get them going to create an atmosphere.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06 PM »

If Andy's on Centre on Wed I'll do my best to get the crowd going cos I'll be there in row 7.  Thought the crowd were crap today

Counting on you, Mackem. goodjob
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 10:07 PM »

please dont be 1st on otherwise i have no chance of watching  2nd or 3rd would be good for me finish work at 3.30 on wed

Me too.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 10:07 PM »

He might get a better crowd on court 1

He'd get a more exciting crowd at the pensioners world annual tea & scone convention
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 10:37 PM »

He'd get a more exciting crowd at the pensioners world annual tea & scone convention

lmao
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 10:40 PM »

If the schedule sticks to the rules and both matches from same half play simultaneously than Andy is 1000% on CC, they are not putting JJ-Kubot on CC thats for sure.

Bit gutted i can't watch both berdych-Djoko and Ferrer-Delpo!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 10:47 PM »

If the schedule sticks to the rules and both matches from same half play simultaneously than Andy is 1000% on CC, they are not putting JJ-Kubot on CC thats for sure.

Bit gutted i can't watch both berdych-Djoko and Ferrer-Delpo!
Good point Rachie - hadn't picked up on that.  Sounds like Andy will be on Centre and Djoker might be on No.1 (cos he hasn't played there yet)
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Djoko / Berdych is the biggest match up in the tournament so far though.. but I suppose Ferrer/Delpo comes pretty close and they might consider that to be a tighter match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 93 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »