Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will kick butt?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Verdasco in 3
Verdasco in 4
Verdasco in 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 93 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco

(Read 12586 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #75 on: July 02, 2013, 06:49 PM »

I wonder what they would have done if the Nadal/Federer match actually happened? They would have surely moved Andy off centre then, unless if he was playing Tsonga as expected then that might have made it a tougher call but they would have still moved Andy I imagine.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #76 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03 PM »

Why is first half of the drawer playing after the 2nd half all the time?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #77 on: July 02, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Wasn't that because Fed was in 2nd half and as reigning champion, he had the honour of opening play.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #78 on: July 02, 2013, 07:17 PM »

How do you know he's vain? Very strange of you to say that about someone indeed.

And you know Bartoli sufficiently well to call her a "hag" do you?
Oh and Radwanska a "b****."

People in glass houses...  naughty
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #79 on: July 02, 2013, 07:21 PM »

And you know Bartoli sufficiently well to call her a "hag" do you?
Oh and Radwanska a "b****."

People in glass houses...  naughty

Bartoli is a hag, because I can see from her appearance. Radwanska is a pusher.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 07:22 PM »

And I can see Verdasco is vain, from  his appearance, he's just a little too manicured.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #81 on: July 02, 2013, 07:30 PM »

I must admit, I have not seen Verdasco in this tournament at all so I have no idea how's he playing on grass. But I am quite familiar with his game as I've seen a lot of his matches in the past.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #82 on: July 02, 2013, 07:51 PM »

I wonder what they would have done if the Nadal/Federer match actually happened? They would have surely moved Andy off centre then, unless if he was playing Tsonga as expected then that might have made it a tougher call but they would have still moved Andy I imagine.

Andy is British they are desperate for him to win, it wouldnt seem right him playing on C1. while Rafa has his way with Federer on CC. Stroppy Fed would probably refuse C1 i can imagine the organisers would be stratching their heads.

Oh well nothing to think about now as Kubot-JJ could be a 1r match on court 14 so they'll be pretty happy w. C1. First show court for either guy i think?
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #83 on: July 02, 2013, 07:53 PM »

I must admit, I have not seen Verdasco in this tournament at all so I have no idea how's he playing on grass. But I am quite familiar with his game as I've seen a lot of his matches in the past.

I only saw his match will Gulbis and he looked impressive, serving and moving pretty well. He is a confidence player i expect him to come out all guns blazing, i wouldn't be suprised if andy dropped a set or if he had to play 1-2 Tbs.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #84 on: July 02, 2013, 08:11 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/02/andy-murray-fernando-verdasco-wimbledon
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #85 on: July 02, 2013, 08:13 PM »

Verdasco sports more new hair styles than anyone else. 

Absolutely, and therein lies the big question. How will Andy cope with Verdasco's haircut?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #86 on: July 02, 2013, 08:24 PM »

Anyone care to predict the time of this match? Whistle  Given their H2H it should be a fairly quick  one, especially as Delpo has a knee problem, although that didn't seem to hinder him against Seppi, whilst Ferrer is playing probably the best tennis of his career, and for all we know Delpo might retire anyway.

Play starts at 1 pm, so any advance on 3pm?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #87 on: July 02, 2013, 08:32 PM »

5pm would be my guess. I don't know what you are talking about suggesting Delpo may retire. Seems he's near to 100% fit and playing superbly given he's not dropped a set yet. This will be a long match and I'll take Delpo to win.

Additionally I think Delpo could conceiveably beat Joker in the semis given he beat him last year at the Olympics. Ferrer on the other hand can't hurt Joker.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #88 on: July 02, 2013, 08:40 PM »

5pm would be my guess. I don't know what you are talking about suggesting Delpo may retire. Seems he's near to 100% fit and playing superbly given he's not dropped a set yet. This will be a long match and I'll take Delpo to win.

Additionally I think Delpo could conceiveably beat Joker in the semis given he beat him last year at the Olympics. Ferrer on the other hand can't hurt Joker.
Did you not see what he did to his knee in the 3rd round?!

It's evident that he's not 100%.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #89 on: July 02, 2013, 08:46 PM »

Very selfishly, I hope it's on nearer to 5pm.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 93 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »