Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will kick butt?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Verdasco in 3
Verdasco in 4
Verdasco in 5

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 93 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco

(Read 15074 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1275 on: July 03, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Which match are you refering to? It was by the skin of his teeth. But thats what makes him who he is. Our Andy. An enigma!
Haha that bumpy ride I was talking about Wink
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1276 on: July 03, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Wimbledon ‏@Wimbledon  44m 
#Murray now joint-4th place for most consecutive #Wimbledon semis in Open Era. Behind Federer, Borg & Connors. Ties McEnroe, Lendl & Edberg.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1277 on: July 03, 2013, 08:20 PM »

He faced 4BPs in the 4th set, and if I remember correctly he saved all four with unreturnable serves.

Every time he gets into this sort of situation in this sort of a match (in other words - big tournament against anyone but other Slam champs. and excluding clay, of course), he always finds a way. Every time I'm thinking, 'this will probably be the time he can't turn it around', or 'he's got to lose one of these eventually', and he always somehow manages to win. Lopez, Cilic at the USO spring immediately to mind.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1278 on: July 03, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Can you please ensure that the crowd start showing their support for Andy from the start?  He was clearly nervous and that bunch of dodos did nothing to help, although possibly his nervousness transferred itself to them.  We need footie-style spectators at Wimbledon!
Oh - I thought the crowd were OK?  I didn't see the start of the match, though, but the Comms did seems to think they were a bit reticent.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1279 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23 PM »

Oh - I thought the crowd were OK?  I didn't see the start of the match, though, but the Comms did seems to think they were a bit reticent.

Reticent? They were pathetic. I was whispering support with my dodgy vocal cords a lot louder than that rabble. It was only at the end they decided to come to life, by which time Andy had done all the work on his own, as per usual.

The club should dump the lot of them in the nearest expanse of water and get the crowd from the hill in.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1280 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23 PM »

Oh - I thought the crowd were OK?  I didn't see the start of the match, though, but the Comms did seems to think they were a bit reticent.
They finally got going when Andy got going but even then it wasn't good enough, but the roar he got at the end was reminiscent of his gold medal win.

Reticent? They were pathetic. I was whispering support with my dodgy vocal cords a lot louder than that rabble. It was only at the end they decided to come to life, by which time Andy had done all the work on his own, as per usual.

The club should dump the lot of them in the nearest expanse of water and get the crowd from the hill in.
I still think they should have microphones out on the hill to relay the support from the real supporters be heard on CC. lol
[ Last edit by Aileen July 03, 2013, 08:26 PM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1281 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23 PM »

Haha that bumpy ride I was talking about Wink
Bumpy ride it was. It reminds me of that Indiana Jones film and that rollercoaster.
Can we do this again on Friday? 

Yes we can...Stand together with and  for Andy. jumping-w00t grouphug

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1282 on: July 03, 2013, 08:25 PM »

They finally got going when Andy got going but even then it wasn't good enough, but the roar he got at the end was reminiscent of his gold medal win.
Andys supporters were sh*t scared. Thats why they were quiet.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1283 on: July 03, 2013, 08:25 PM »

They finally got going when Andy got going, and the roar he got at the end was reminiscent of his gold medal win.
Maybe, if they got going early doors it would give the guy a boost.  Shrug
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1284 on: July 03, 2013, 08:27 PM »

With no exeption Dutch papers write about andy as the audience favorite of the chauvinistic british people.... I likthat wthe crowd was shouting his name ! 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1285 on: July 03, 2013, 08:27 PM »

There was one point (the incredible point, I think) where they started going berserk mid-point. Was like the USO, I loved it.

Edit: It was at 0-15 with Verdasco serving for the second set I think. The incredible point I was thinking of was this one (which it wasn't):

http://2013.wimbledon.com/en_GB/interactive/multimedia.html?id=B1eDYwZDoO_qj25zj5rc1hrsDzCHG1j_

Best thing about that is when he's slipping at the end of it and doesn't take his eyes off the ball the whole time.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1286 on: July 03, 2013, 08:27 PM »

andyroddick ‏@andyroddick  13m 
Matches like today are why @andy_murray has become a champion. Far less than his best stuff today, was able to advance #fightanotherday
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1287 on: July 03, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Well, just about got my breath back after that rollercoaster ride.  But hey, we keep saying it, that's what being an Andy Murray fan is all about.  Well done Andy.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1288 on: July 03, 2013, 08:29 PM »

Well said ARod!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1289 on: July 03, 2013, 08:31 PM »

Happened to be in my kitchen when things were improving in set 3 - everytime I tried to go else where it got wobbly so spent the match pacing in kitchen following score from sound of crowd #phew!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 93 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »