Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will kick butt?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Verdasco in 3
Verdasco in 4
Verdasco in 5

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco

(Read 14203 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1320 on: July 03, 2013, 10:20 PM »

:confused:RMagnificent Murray showed great heart and courage today. Being 2 sets down, he kept his wits about him and preceeded to take on the task of getting back into the match. So many other players would have slumped their shoulders, hung their head and let the match go, but not our Andy. He was determined and kept fighting right to the end. Verdasco ran him side to side to side, threw in aces and still Andy did not give up. He fell down after hitting the ball keeping his eye on the ball and came up pumping his fist. Yes he was magnificent today getting through on a day where he was not playing his best tennis, and that's what champions do!

I thought the crowd was great! Many times when we are really nervous watching our player play we forget to yell and clap. The nerves take over. The crowd was quiet while Andy served and somewhat quiet during rallies, but when he won the point they were loud. I didn't always have reception but I knew when Andy won the point.
C
I think today was a test, and Andy showed just how willing he is to rdo whatever it takes to win.
[ Last edit by Apollo July 03, 2013, 10:24 PM ] IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1321 on: July 03, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Andy will be ok if he gets to the final as all the pressure will be on Novak to win. Andy won't be the favorite so that will take some of the pressure off of him.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1322 on: July 03, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Is it just me or is anyone else strangely more confident now after this match!  cmonandy

I was always confident until my nerves cracked today for a while, but I know what you mean and yes, I am.

Today showed that Andy can truly dig deep when he is up against it. He might have cruised so far, broadly speaking, but today showed that he can come up with a response when he is pushed. That has to be a good thing going forward.

I love what Roddick had to say too.

I'm still so glad I didn't hear what Richardson said. Well done to Andy for not punching him. Maybe Lendl should corner the little weasel and have a word.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1323 on: July 03, 2013, 10:28 PM »

My iPad put in confused not me, I tried to take out the extra letters R and C and it wouldn't let me. Oh we'll happy ending today. wonder what the plan is for jerzey.
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1324 on: July 03, 2013, 10:32 PM »

I might take my hair dryer on Friday... Wink
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1325 on: July 03, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Lol this thread.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1326 on: July 03, 2013, 10:39 PM »

FYI.   I started watching the Murray match when he broke in the third.    Your welcome.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1327 on: July 03, 2013, 10:43 PM »

FYI.   I started watching the Murray match when he broke in the third.    Your welcome.

As did I. Your welcome also.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1328 on: July 03, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Andy must not push anymore, but I'm sure he is aware of that.
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1329 on: July 03, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Really proud of him today - what fantastic guts and determination he showed in this match. I can be slightly smug though and say that I still 100% believed Andy was going to win, even at 2 sets down Smile ... after all he has showed himself time and time again to have the ability to make epic comebacks and play well when it really matters.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1330 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11 PM »

Well i'll certainly be watching that match again so i can feel relaxed while doing so, punishing for those that watched but the end result means our boy has another classic to put in the archive labeled "came back from 2 sets down"

Matches like these are painful at the time, but when the result goes your way, they end up as matches of the tournament, the only difference in this one is the level of play was not great at all, Verdasco didn't play lights out tennis at all, just did the basics very well, it was up to Andy to grind out a win from somewhere and he did

Perhaps this is Andy's 'Djokovic/Wawrinka' match at Wimbledon?

Hope so Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1331 on: July 03, 2013, 11:13 PM »

I think it's a nice reality check after some people (*cough* the media) seemed to think he'd face few problems in making the final. Janowicz will certainly not be under-estimated or written off like some of the media did to Verdasco today.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1332 on: July 03, 2013, 11:46 PM »

IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1333 on: July 04, 2013, 12:05 AM »

Well i'll certainly be watching that match again so i can feel relaxed while doing so, punishing for those that watched but the end result means our boy has another classic to put in the archive labeled "came back from 2 sets down"

Matches like these are painful at the time, but when the result goes your way, they end up as matches of the tournament, the only difference in this one is the level of play was not great at all, Verdasco didn't play lights out tennis at all, just did the basics very well, it was up to Andy to grind out a win from somewhere and he did

Perhaps this is Andy's 'Djokovic/Wawrinka' match at Wimbledon?

Hope so Smile
I though that watching this. I thought if Andy wins this he wins the whole thing. This is the kick up the backside Andy needs!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1334 on: July 04, 2013, 12:10 AM »

I though that watching this. I thought if Andy wins this he wins the whole thing. This is the kick up the backside Andy needs!

I've said on another site that slam wins are often built on wins like this. I hope so!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »