Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will kick butt?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Verdasco in 3
Verdasco in 4
Verdasco in 5

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco

(Read 12513 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1350 on: July 04, 2013, 09:38 AM »

^ Love your avatar snorkel.maiden. tender Is it Andy in bird form perchance? Whistle
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1351 on: July 04, 2013, 10:39 AM »

Is it just me or is anyone else strangely more confident now after this match!  cmonandy
Me I am Smile  so mentally strong , he will come though . bigbounce jumping-w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1352 on: July 04, 2013, 11:10 AM »

As one of only four people who voted for Andy in 5, I think back to why I did that.  I had a feeling Verdasco was going to be real trouble but tbh I thought Andy in 4 but something just made me vote 5.  Have posted on the match report my thoughts from murrays mound from where I watched the match.  Still in recovery mode as they say.  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1353 on: July 04, 2013, 11:20 AM »

As one of only four people who voted for Andy in 5, I think back to why I did that.  I had a feeling Verdasco was going to be real trouble but tbh I thought Andy in 4 but something just made me vote 5.  Have posted on the match report my thoughts from murrays mound from where I watched the match.  Still in recovery mode as they say.  Whistle

I bet it was brilliant to watch from there Ruthie. Awesome crowd!

I must admit I wildly underestimated Verdasco. In my defence I haven't seen him play a lot lately, and they remarked in commentary that he also hadn't played that well for a long time.

Hope your recovery continues, and hope yesterday pushes Andy on to bigger and better things.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1354 on: July 04, 2013, 11:24 AM »

"the crowd was too biased towards Andy"

Well tut tut! How dare a British crowd be biased towards a British player playing a Spaniard.  roflmao roflmao roflmao
IP Logged
snorkel.maiden
Junior

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1355 on: July 04, 2013, 11:24 AM »

^ Love your avatar snorkel.maiden. tender Is it Andy in bird form perchance? Whistle

if it was he was sitting in a tree outside my bedroom window at 6am this morning, screaming at me. So for Kim's sake I hope not! Very Happy
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1356 on: July 04, 2013, 11:42 AM »

Wow! One of the many reasons why i love to watch our man!!

I went white when he went 2 sets down. The look on Kim's face at the beginning of the third said it all, Verdasco was in the form that beat Andy at the Australian open in 2008.
We had seen it all before, Andy down in a Grand slam but had been a long time since he was 2 sets down. The tension towards the end was making me & the wife bordering on insane.
Hats off to Verdasco, though. He played superb! Andy with his back against the wall showed why he is where he is. Great mental & physical strength seen him through!!!

I think Andy needs these type of matches (no more though, please Andy!)

Next up another big hitter. Will be tough but after yesterdays shenanigans i am really confident!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1357 on: July 04, 2013, 12:16 PM »

Yes I really felt for Kim hugo.  I know she tries not to betray her emotions but how could she not when she must have feared Andy was on his way out and of course the camera dwells on that.

tj: I'd not seen Verdasco play recently but I was picking up that he was back to the kind of form he's shown when he hit the top 10 and slayed Andy in his path.  It seems that a combination of new coach and new racquet have revitalised him and I think Andy was well aware of that. 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1358 on: July 04, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Wow what a rollercoaster that was! My neighbours must have thought the match was happening in my flat the way me and my flatmates were shouting at the tele. I said to my mate at 2-0 that if he comes back and wins this then this is his year... hope I'm right!
I hope so too!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1359 on: July 04, 2013, 12:23 PM »

I'd love to know who the four traitors were, who voted Verdasco to win!  Whistle
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1360 on: July 04, 2013, 12:29 PM »

I'd love to know who the four traitors were, who voted Verdasco to win!  Whistle

Is it not obvious!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1361 on: July 04, 2013, 01:04 PM »

It took 5 sets to oust Verdasco from last years Wimbledon too! Malisse in the 3rd round, so he is always strong on the grass surface.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1362 on: July 04, 2013, 01:12 PM »

It took 5 sets to oust Verdasco from last years Wimbledon too! Malisse in the 3rd round, so he is always strong on the grass surface.

Then Verdasco came this year and beat Malisse in 4 in the very first round.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1363 on: July 04, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Yes I really felt for Kim hugo.  I know she tries not to betray her emotions but how could she not when she must have feared Andy was on his way out and of course the camera dwells on that.

tj: I'd not seen Verdasco play recently but I was picking up that he was back to the kind of form he's shown when he hit the top 10 and slayed Andy in his path.  It seems that a combination of new coach and new racquet have revitalised him and I think Andy was well aware of that. 

I felt for Kim too. It must be awful to sit there watching someone you love go through that and not be able to do anything other than will them to fight. I felt sick just as a fan, so God knows what Kim was going through.

Ruthie, from what they said Verdasco is in the form of his life. I'd just totally forgotten what a good player he is. You could tell Andy was aware though, he'd said so right from the moment he knew he would meet Verdasco.

I've honestly not been in a state like that watching Andy for ages. It felt worse to me than any moment at the USO, even when he was a set and 5-1 down to Cilic. I wonder if it was because it was Wimbledon, with Andy at home, unable to escape all the crap that would have been heaped on him if the worst had happened.

The thing I'll remember most about the match was Andy's bravery in the fight. That took real courage because his back really was against the wall.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1364 on: July 04, 2013, 01:46 PM »

Is it not obvious!
I can guess two.....but four?  fainting
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »