Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will kick butt?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Verdasco in 3
Verdasco in 4
Verdasco in 5

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco

(Read 13242 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1380 on: July 04, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Wasn't having a go at you, don't worry.

Comments like that are typical of the know-nothings at the BBC though. Wimbledon is apparently the be-all of tennis, if you've never done well at Wimbledon you're a nobody, if you put in a decent show against one of the big four it MUST be the performance of their life. So disrespectful.

I know what you mean. Maybe they were judging him on where he is ranked now in comparison to where he was. To be honest I wasn't listening that much. Too busy sweating with Andy Smile.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1381 on: July 04, 2013, 07:32 PM »

I really hope Andy's back isn't a factor tomorrow.  I can't help feeling that it was yesterday or was it just a coincidence that he played much better when he was thoroughly warmed up - I'm not sure. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1382 on: July 04, 2013, 09:20 PM »

I just watched part of this match again (namely 5-4 second set and 5-5 third set) and the reception after the match was amazing. Easily the best the crowd have been for Murray all tournament, raucous when he started to turn it around. The chants of 'Andy Andy' were brilliant. In the slow action shots of the crowd's reaction I was genuinely looking for some despondent looking fans, but everyone was going nuts.

The moment at the net was brilliant as well. I wonder what they were saying? Verdasco looked a bit surprised when they went to Hawk Eye; he was already making to shake hands. Great sport from him, not dissimilar to Tsonga last year. I wonder if, although obviously absolutely gutted themselves, these guys aren't a little bit happy for Andy as well. They must know how much it means to him to try and win this thing.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1383 on: July 04, 2013, 09:35 PM »

I just watched part of this match again (namely 5-4 second set and 5-5 third set) and the reception after the match was amazing. Easily the best the crowd have been for Murray all tournament, raucous when he started to turn it around. The chants of 'Andy Andy' were brilliant. In the slow action shots of the crowd's reaction I was genuinely looking for some despondent looking fans, but everyone was going nuts.

The moment at the net was brilliant as well. I wonder what they were saying? Verdasco looked a bit surprised when they went to Hawk Eye; he was already making to shake hands. Great sport from him, not dissimilar to Tsonga last year. I wonder if, although obviously absolutely gutted themselves, these guys aren't a little bit happy for Andy as well. They must know how much it means to him to try and win this thing.
Exactly.

Fernando had a big smile on his face, you'd think he won the match, not lost!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1384 on: July 04, 2013, 09:50 PM »

Brilliant Mark. Thanks for posting.
Good for her, she reacted well to loads of daft questions.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1385 on: July 04, 2013, 10:31 PM »

From the ratings thread on the DigitalSpy forum

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 59s
Andy Murray's nerve wracking Wimbledon win peaked with a massive 10.41m/48.4% at 7.10pm last night on @BBCOne. @AndrewCastle63

and

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 30s
Murray's match began with 2.5m, reaching 3m at 3.55, 4m at 4.25, 5m at 5.20, 6m at 5.45, 7m at 5.55, 8m at 6.30, 9m at 6.55 and 10m at 7.10.

Impressive stuff.  I wonder if you count as a whole viewer if you are behind the sofa or hiding in the kitchen? confused nervous w00t

Yeah good numbers....wonder tho ...what the actual number of people viewing was?... Isnt that ratings numbers based on TV's tuned to that channel?.. if so how many were viewing those TVs?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1386 on: July 04, 2013, 10:51 PM »

If the media actually started focusing on other players who aren't the big four maybe they wouldn't be in a such a panic everytime Federer or Nadal take an early exit. Hell, I know people who don't even know who Ferrer is.

Nothing more cringeworthy than walking through town and overhearing two people (watching the tennis on the big screen) who clearly couldn't tell a net cord from a tie-break having an immersive discussion about why Murray will never win a Slam (yeah..) or why Federer will definitely win Wimbledon next year. People should never have strong opinions about something they know little about because they just come across as a complete tit.

I bet any money that if you asked someone who only watches Wimbledon to name the players who knocked Federer and Nadal out of the competition you would get a blank stare, that's the attention span of the casual 2 week tennis fan.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1387 on: July 04, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Dont know if anyone has posted this here or elsewhere but I found this on Twitter:
Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards

What a magnanamous guy. wub
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon 2013 QF: Andy Murray vs. Fernando Verdasco « Reply #1388 on: July 05, 2013, 12:59 PM »

I thought he was very gracious in defeat. You're better than me though. I didn't want to hug him. I wanted to strangle him, but stress does that to me!

I guess that's because Verdasco is in my top 5 favourites. Smile

It is not at all easy to be gracious when you lose such a match so was really touched by his attitude. If Andy wasn't his opponent, I would have cried when he lost.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »