Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 8813 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #105 on: June 30, 2013, 06:34 PM »

My brother told me to say I thought I recognised the accused....that would get me off so I may try that.
You cannot be serious Ang?  confused...now where have I heard that before!!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #106 on: June 30, 2013, 06:38 PM »

When you go in say "I'm here to convict some criminals". I doubt the defence will want to pick you after that.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #107 on: June 30, 2013, 06:39 PM »

My job won't get me off Aileen-its not as if I'm catering for vulnerable people or anything. My best bet is just too act stupid...that comes a bit more easily lol
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #108 on: June 30, 2013, 06:45 PM »

My best bet is just too act stupid.
Ask Gangsta for advice.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #109 on: June 30, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Ask Gangsta for advice.
lmao
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #110 on: June 30, 2013, 06:49 PM »

Sorry Ruthie, but Henman Hill it will always be - and Andy himself has insisted that it should remain that way as a tribute to Tim who, after all, was the first male to do anything really significant for British tennis since Perry/Austin.   I'm sure they will find something else to name after Andy.  I think it would be really nice, and very fitting, if the called CC the Andy Murray Arena.

I feel pretty disgusted at the way Ferrer has been treated.  Quite a snub really, although I don't suppose he sees it that way because he'll be so pleased at having got this far. 

If Andy wins the championship  then naming the CC after him would be a great idea

As for Ferrer he is getting the treatment that Andy has received in the US Open. Ferrer is too close
for comfort  to Andy in the rankings He has entered almost every tournament this year and done well in most of them If Andy freezes,perish the thought,and Ferrer succeeds he could overtake him

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #111 on: June 30, 2013, 06:51 PM »

Ask Gangsta for advice.

And I thought you mellowed.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #112 on: June 30, 2013, 07:00 PM »

Yeah Youzhny may have made the quarters last year but then he was blown apart by Federer 6-1 6-2 6-2
But Youzhny is Federer's *female dog*.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #113 on: June 30, 2013, 07:02 PM »

Are there not ways to try and make them not pick you?
If whatever the case is is in the news, just claim you accidentally read/saw a report on it. You are then biased and can no longer partake. Sorted.

Or basically anything else that can be portrayed as biased will be enough.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #114 on: June 30, 2013, 07:05 PM »

*Edit: Mis-read which round, sorry.*
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #115 on: June 30, 2013, 07:14 PM »

If Andy wins the championship  then naming the CC after him would be a great idea.

As for Ferrer he is getting the treatment that Andy has received in the US Open. Ferrer is too close for comfort  to Andy in the rankings He has entered almost every tournament this year and done well in most of them If Andy freezes,perish the thought,and Ferrer succeeds he could overtake him.
I know that Ferrer could overtake Andy although I hadn't appreciated until the other day just how close he is, especially as Andy's Olympics' points will come off.  His form really has been frighteningly good recently, and unfortunately Dodig could be easy meat for him, and his H2H record against both Seppi and Del Potro, one of whom he would meet in the QF, is very good.  Worrying!
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #116 on: June 30, 2013, 07:35 PM »

Do all the Olympic points come off in one go ? Seems slightly unfair to me - biased though.

So Andy really needs to win Wimbledon to stand still points-wise.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #117 on: June 30, 2013, 07:38 PM »

Aileen: yes to rename centre court in honour of Andy would be much more fitting but just can't see the stuffy Wimbledon lot doing it, even if Andy won Wimbledon multiple times.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #118 on: June 30, 2013, 07:51 PM »

Andy will win this in 3 sets.  Joker looked ominous though last night. I hope its windy if they meet again in the final!

As an aside what was Andy talking about in the sunday papers? He says winning Olympic gold was bigger than winning the US Open!? Eh? I doubt Andy has a single fan anywhere who would trade him winning the US Open for Olympic gold. Winning the Olympics was only slightly bigger than winning a Masters IMO and nowhere near as big as winning a Slam. Especially so as he was the first Brit to win one for over 70 years.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #119 on: June 30, 2013, 07:56 PM »

^ It's not about the fans - it's about what makes him happy?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »