Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 8966 times)
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #780 on: July 01, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Good to see you on here Kavanaugh! It's been a while, right?

Smile  Thanks, nice to be seen ... I've posted a little but I tend to be quieter normally and lurk all year round Very Happy  but loving Wimbledon, even if it's not easy for me to see many matches live with work getting in the way Smile

Couldn't be more chuffed Andy's through, that was a toughie!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #781 on: July 01, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Verdasco's been playing a LOT better lately-I don't think we should take him too lightly,not with the performance that Andy turned in for most of today.

I really don't understand why his level dropped so much since last week-I'd understand it if he said he'd been nervous,but he actually said that he was calmer today,that he'd been more nervous last week  Think
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #782 on: July 01, 2013, 06:23 PM »

Andy modest and realistic as ever. He's said

If 'Rafa, Roger and Serena can go out, so can I. I'm taking nothing for granted.'
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #783 on: July 01, 2013, 06:23 PM »

That was a scary one, but looked like he needed a challenge or a wake up call
I think he knew Youzhny was going to be his first test, so perhaps that explains some of his nervousness - and not having played him for so long wouldn't have helped.

In his interview he talked about how players 'bettter than him' had gone out early.  He simply has to get that out of his head!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #784 on: July 01, 2013, 06:24 PM »

I can finally have a cup of coffee and relax..

Andy had 45 Winners 16 UE's won .  won 4-10 breakpoints.
He has not played a lefty all year and verdasco is a lefty.  He will need to practice a lefty in the next couple of days.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #785 on: July 01, 2013, 06:25 PM »

I have been cowering for the second and third set. I am very tired, and really wasn't up to the stress more than 3 sets. So a big thanks to Mr M for getting the job done in 3.

I'm very tired also, but that's just down to lack of sleep. yawn
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #786 on: July 01, 2013, 06:25 PM »

Good that Andy is through in straight sets, sure he will get it sorted before the QF.  Hope the crowd are better on Wednesday, thought they were dire, need to really get behind Andy, they should take a lesson from the Olympics and DC.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #787 on: July 01, 2013, 06:26 PM »

Yeah ..he looked labored in his movements and made this match a bit tougher than it should have been...there is a balance I think. He needs to be challenged to up his tennis level each round ... but also needs to conserve energy.

He won in 3 straight tho... when it looked like he could drop a set and be in some trouble.

Verdasco could be tricky... I remember Andy losing to him at Wimbledon before... Andy wasnt half the player he is now tho. Janowicz will be tougher... but then who isnt at that stage?  Janowicz scraped thru against a player Andy would arguably beaten in 3 straight...so we'll see.

No, Andy has never lost to Verdasco at Wimbledon. He lost to Verdasco at the AO in 2009. I hope you remember that match because Verdasco then went on to have another epic match against Nadal where he lost.

I think Andy will be fine. Not a tricky opponent just more solid.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #788 on: July 01, 2013, 06:26 PM »

I'm very tired also, but that's just down to lack of sleep. yawn
Really? lol
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #789 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27 PM »

I like Tommy Haas, hope he does well against Nole
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #790 on: July 01, 2013, 06:28 PM »

I like Tommy Haas, hope he does well against Nole
Same here.  Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #791 on: July 01, 2013, 06:29 PM »

The crowd know their boy too well. If he's nervous then they are also nervous. If he's confident they too feel confident. It's hilarious and sad at the same time. The idea is to cheer your player on regardless. It helps when someone is nervous. Andy has openly admitted that it helps him.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean July 01, 2013, 06:33 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #792 on: July 01, 2013, 06:29 PM »

Really? lol

Hard to believe, I know lol I hope there's no crap for me to deal with today!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #793 on: July 01, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Smile  Thanks, nice to be seen ... I've posted a little but I tend to be quieter normally and lurk all year round Very Happy  but loving Wimbledon, even if it's not easy for me to see many matches live with work getting in the way Smile

Couldn't be more chuffed Andy's through, that was a toughie!
Hope you'll get to join in more the next few days. It's hard with work getting in the way. 
Bev shows us the way!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #794 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32 PM »

I think he knew Youzhny was going to be his first test, so perhaps that explains some of his nervousness - and not having played him for so long wouldn't have helped.

In his interview he talked about how players 'bettter than him' had gone out early.  He simply has to get that out of his head!
Well I think that was just the humble Andy talking -- plus they were higher ranked then him for a long while.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »