Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 9477 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #795 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32 PM »

I like Tommy Haas, hope he does well against Nole
yes
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #796 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32 PM »

OMG - I will now have to sit through Nole's match. I feel slightly drained to be honest and not mentally ready to watch another match.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #797 on: July 01, 2013, 06:33 PM »

Well done Andy!!! Bloody spoke too soon...I have been called into jury service again tomorrow!! Frown  another nervous morning wondering if I'm gonna miss andys match on Wednesday  nervous
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #798 on: July 01, 2013, 06:35 PM »

Good that Andy is through in straight sets, sure he will get it sorted before the QF.  Hope the crowd are better on Wednesday, thought they were dire, need to really get behind Andy, they should take a lesson from the Olympics and DC.

I didnt see much of the match but they were very quiet in 3rd set i thought.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #799 on: July 01, 2013, 06:35 PM »

Well done Andy!!! Bloody spoke too soon...I have been called into jury service again tomorrow!! Frown  another nervous morning wondering if I'm gonna miss andys match on Wednesday  nervous
fingers crossed Angie !
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #800 on: July 01, 2013, 06:35 PM »

I think he knew Youzhny was going to be his first test, so perhaps that explains some of his nervousness - and not having played him for so long wouldn't have helped.

In his interview he talked about how players 'bettter than him' had gone out early.  He simply has to get that out of his head!

Yeah ...I was thinking the same thing. Are they better than you Andy? Really? I dont see it like that. Its very debatable whether they are better...they have won more trophies yes... but better?? hmmm

Andy, on form, to me is a better tennis player...period.

That was modest to the point of putting himself down.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #801 on: July 01, 2013, 06:36 PM »

[referring to Nadal, Federer and Williams] 'They're all' *tries not to laugh' 'all better players than me'.

Come now, let's not pretend he really believes that.
I think he does actually. He said they have achieved more than him which is true (watch this space).
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #802 on: July 01, 2013, 06:39 PM »

fingers crossed Angie !

Pain in the arse sid  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #803 on: July 01, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Hope you'll get to join in more the next few days. It's hard with work getting in the way. 
Bev shows us the way!

Work always gets in the bloody way! ranting
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #804 on: July 01, 2013, 06:40 PM »

yes
So do I , I am sure Hass will put up a fight.  yes
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #805 on: July 01, 2013, 06:40 PM »

I think he knew Youzhny was going to be his first test, so perhaps that explains some of his nervousness - and not having played him for so long wouldn't have helped.

In his interview he talked about how players 'bettter than him' had gone out early.  He simply has to get that out of his head!
   Not a problem for me. He is quite rightly damping down expectation. What he really thinks about his and other's chances he'll keep to himself
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #806 on: July 01, 2013, 06:41 PM »

on a side thought....DJoko really does struggle against Haas's game despite the score ....opponents should take note.

Wimbers has a Murray v Djoko final written all over it... fed/ nadal or no fed/ nadal
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #807 on: July 01, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Haas looking a bit nervy and making errors, and gifting Nole at possible 3-0 lead.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #808 on: July 01, 2013, 06:43 PM »

ok 1st set over
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #809 on: July 01, 2013, 06:43 PM »

Verdasco's been playing a LOT better lately-I don't think we should take him too lightly,not with the performance that Andy turned in for most of today.

I really don't understand why his level dropped so much since last week-I'd understand it if he said he'd been nervous,but he actually said that he was calmer today,that he'd been more nervous last week  Think

When you think of some of the matches he had on the way to the US Open title, I don't know that his level could be said to have dropped that much.  Surely we have to give credit to the fact that his opponent has been playing really well. Different players much place different demands on the individual. Given he hasn't lost a set yet. All credit to him.  Since he got his GS he seems to have far fewer roller coasters.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »