Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 9654 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #825 on: July 01, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Good posting!

I also think the 2 day break didn't help Andy's momentum much, on one hand it's nice to have the break but on the other hand players are in danger of mentally drifting.

Still, he managed to win so now there will be no more 2 day breaks to worry about
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #826 on: July 01, 2013, 08:13 PM »

Look here Angie. I know we are good friends and all that, but I really cant stay on my knees praying for you continually, girl!

But okay, one more time and I'll see what I can do then lol

Ha ha lashurst...,one more time please Wink
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #827 on: July 01, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Good posting!

I also think the 2 day break didn't help Andy's momentum much, on one hand it's nice to have the break but on the other hand players are in danger of mentally drifting.

Still, he managed to win so now there will be no more 2 day breaks to worry about
Murray always seems to struggle after a two-plus day break.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #828 on: July 01, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Oh,I hope nothing's wrong nervous

Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM
Andy Murray still not come in to talk to media nearly 2 hours after the match, long even by his epic standards, hope nothing wrong with him.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #829 on: July 01, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Andy Murray still not come in to talk to media nearly 2 hours after the match, long even by his epic standards, hope nothing wrong with him.
Ohhh its just the usual panic merchant, remember from the Daily Fail, trying to make something of Andy's hip-touching.

They want to make
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #830 on: July 01, 2013, 08:34 PM »

More than likely, but I still think these upsets have been preying on his mind - at least that's the impression I got from his interview on Friday.  Hopefully this win will have restored his self-belief.
Absolutely, You figure if those guys can lose, so can I.  So Andy realized this could happen, so he is perhaps more nervous.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #831 on: July 01, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Oh no , that would just be terrible.  shocking
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #832 on: July 01, 2013, 08:37 PM »

Hopefully Andy's ok.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #833 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41 PM »

Hopefully Andy's ok.
I'm sure he is. He will make sure he gives time for ice bath and physio etc before he goes to face the media, and rightly so. He's now on BBC 2 on Today at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #834 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42 PM »

More than likely, but I still think these upsets have been preying on his mind - at least that's the impression I got from his interview on Friday.  Hopefully this win will have restored his self-belief.

I think the Serena upset might have thrown him off in more ways than one-it was said at the beginning of the match that he'd warmed up a couple of times during the Serena/Sabine match,expecting to go on shortly,but then the match dragged on longer.Andy's no stranger to having to wait out things like that,of course,but it still can't be easy to have your rhythm distorted-and then to have it distorted by an upset that was arguably more dramatic than any that took place in the first week!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #835 on: July 01, 2013, 08:43 PM »

Well,Andy's with the media now anyway,and I'm sure he'll be asked about his back soon enough.

In the meantime lol

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Andy Murray just spectacularly double facepalmed in press at the mention of Barry Cowan. #wimbledon
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #836 on: July 01, 2013, 09:15 PM »

I thought he was unusually subdued, even by his standards, at the court side interview.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #837 on: July 01, 2013, 09:17 PM »

I thought he was unusually subdued, even by his standards, at the court side interview.

Didn't see it,my stream cut away after the match ended Shrug

Just hope everything's ok with him!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #838 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Andy on his back:

Andy Murray said that he'd needed 20 minutes extra treatment after his match but there was 'no cause for concern'.

Carole Bouchard ‏@carole_bouchard
"I don't want it to be a case of, you know, things creeping back up on me", says Murray about his back and the treatments needed today.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #839 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21 PM »

As suspected. Andy has played a lot of tennis of course he going to have some niggles.   hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »