Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 8263 times)
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #90 on: June 30, 2013, 05:54 PM »

I'm not sure - I've never been called, and hope it stays that way.  It's not something I'd relish being part of for lots of reasons.
I did it once. 3 days of boring, repetitive evidence followed by our dismissal by the judge - because a co-accused hadn't shown up.

That's another way out for Angie - don't turn up. I'm sure she could dodge the arrest warrant til Wimby's finished Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #91 on: June 30, 2013, 05:54 PM »

If Andy plays anything like he did on Friday I can't see Youzhny doing much. I'm surprisingly calm about this one.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #92 on: June 30, 2013, 05:55 PM »

Not sure of the exact times, but Andy's semi was the second one. I remember it well.

Thanks very much Tj. do you happen to remember the start time of the 1st semi? Something unexpected is lurking on Friday and it's very important for me to find out the time table for this Friday's schedule. Thanks!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #93 on: June 30, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Does anyone here know last year's Wimbledon semi-final schedule? As in at what time Andy played his match against Tsonga? I'll be grateful if anyone lets me know real quick. Thanks!

It started at 4pm.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #94 on: June 30, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Thanks very much Tj. do you happen to remember the start time of the 1st semi? Something unexpected is lurking on Friday and it's very important for me to find out the time table for this Friday's schedule. Thanks!

The first started at 1pm.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #95 on: June 30, 2013, 05:59 PM »

I did it once. 3 days of boring, repetitive evidence followed by our dismissal by the judge - because a co-accused hadn't shown up.

That's another way out for Angie - don't turn up. I'm sure she could dodge the arrest warrant til Wimby's finished Whistle
The 'Wanted Poster' would be funny.

'Have you seen this woman, with cocktail in hand'....
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #96 on: June 30, 2013, 06:00 PM »

It started at 4pm.

Are we absolutely sure Andy will be scheduled 2nd on CC for the semi? I know I am talking way ahead but I have to make a decision right now, unfortunately. Thanks again.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #97 on: June 30, 2013, 06:03 PM »

Are we absolutely sure Andy will be scheduled 2nd on CC for the semi? I know I am talking way ahead but I have to make a decision right now, unfortunately. Thanks again.

No, how can we be sure? Novak's will probably be 2nd because it is the more exciting one.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #98 on: June 30, 2013, 06:04 PM »

The 'Wanted Poster' would be funny.

'Have you seen this woman, with cocktail in hand'....

Or her two husbands Whistle
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #99 on: June 30, 2013, 06:08 PM »

I could go into hiding, but I hear the cops come up and beat your door down if you don't show up  nervous
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #100 on: June 30, 2013, 06:10 PM »

A lawyer once told me that lawyers, in general, don't like jury members to be trained in the law - so maybe walk in with some law books under the arm ?

Lol I was gonna take my Andy Murray mags under my arm in the hope they take pity on me and send me packing on my merry way to watch Wimbledon.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #101 on: June 30, 2013, 06:12 PM »

Are there not ways to try and make them not pick you?

My brother told me to say I thought I recognised the accused....that would get me off so I may try that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #102 on: June 30, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Murrays mount if you don't mind Aileen  Whistle
I watched Andy win Olympic gold from there and it was a great experience.
I'd thought Andy would be on last to suit the tea time tv audience but I see Nole is on centre yet again and has that slot again- is he not going to have to do the statutory match on court 1? And poor Ferrer, despite being 4th seed, is relegated to court 2 and has only been on centre once. 
Sorry Ruthie, but Henman Hill it will always be - and Andy himself has insisted that it should remain that way as a tribute to Tim who, after all, was the first male to do anything really significant for British tennis since Perry/Austin.   I'm sure they will find something else to name after Andy.  I think it would be really nice, and very fitting, if the called CC the Andy Murray Arena.

I feel pretty disgusted at the way Ferrer has been treated.  Quite a snub really, although I don't suppose he sees it that way because he'll be so pleased at having got this far.  Certainly Delpo is playing a seeded player, but Berdych isn't, so why not put him on No.2?  Meanwhile Jerzy Janowicz has been plonked onto No.12 for his match against Melzer.

I have a sneaking feeling though that the organisers will have been thrown into a state of perplexity with the early departures of Messrs Fed and Nadal.

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #103 on: June 30, 2013, 06:13 PM »

When asked about anything just say "I don't care, just pick the quickest option I want to go home and watch Andy Murray". They won't pick you if you are not going to make an informed decision.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #104 on: June 30, 2013, 06:30 PM »

Are there not ways to try and make them not pick you?
Definitely, if you know what they are.

A lawyer once told me that lawyers, in general, don't like jury members to be trained in the law - so maybe walk in with some law books under the arm ?
That's one of them.  I know because I worked as a secretary in legal offices for years, and even that status would have got me off jury duty because, inevitably, we do pick up quite a bit of legal stuff as well as having knowledge of a considerable number of local clients.  Written evidence would be needed though.

You could try saying you knew the accused, or one of the witnesses, or even plead health reasons - mental ones in particular - but again written confirmation of the latter by a doctor would be required (palms can always be greased here. Whistle).

Seriously though, won't your own occupation be regarded as a sufficient reason for being excused?  That certainly applies to health professionals on the grounds that their absence, especially if a case dragged on for days, would be detrimental to the public interest.  How quickly, for example, could a doctor be replaced by a locum?  And nursing staff are pushed to the limit as it is.  So surely the same thing applies to you?

When asked about anything just say "I don't care, just pick the quickest option I want to go home and watch Andy Murray". They won't pick you if you are not going to make an informed decision.
lol  Saying she's a fanatical Andy Murray supporter would be enough to classify her as a raving nutter!

[ Last edit by Aileen June 30, 2013, 06:39 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »