Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 8599 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 10:51 PM »

I get the feeling Andy is loving the crowd, and the crowd is loving him right back (about time too!), so he'll want to show them his best, or nearly his best. We don't want the lad peaking too early!

I always think there is something quite sweet about Youzhny - not sure why! If he wants to keep my peculiar affections he will go away quickly.

Isn't Youzhny the one with the slightly hysterical coach who seems to have nervous breakdowns every time he is court-side? That might be a fun contrast with Lendl!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 10:54 PM »

It was funny   w00t
I know - and I was being funny too!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 10:58 PM »

I paid 100 quid for those tickets and 200 for train tickets, I'm not wasting it.
That's some investment Gangsta. Sorry you may not get to see the best of the best. Hope you enjoy your day anyway.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 11:03 PM »

Am I the only one not really nervous about watching Andy, and just appreciating his tennis this time around at Wimbles?

I'm much more realaxed this first week, but as the 2nd week looms I can feel the pressure, nerves and worry.
We'll all have stomach ulcers by Wednesday!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 11:06 PM »

Just realised I've grown another ball,Top Seed(ooooh! Matron)...mind you, it's taken me 6 years...quality, not quantity you, ll agree.....might get a congrats from our leader Mark but then again Very Happy.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 11:11 PM »

I never get nervous watching Andy matches, I always get pumped - I  shout 'come on' after about 80% of the points that Andy wins and when it gets tenser even when his opponent misses a first serve :]
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 11:16 PM »

I get the feeling Andy is loving the crowd, and the crowd is loving him right back (about time too!), so he'll want to show them his best, or nearly his best. We don't want the lad peaking too early!

I always think there is something quite sweet about Youzhny - not sure why! If he wants to keep my peculiar affections he will go away quickly.

Isn't Youzhny the one with the slightly hysterical coach who seems to have nervous breakdowns every time he is court-side? That might be a fun contrast with Lendl!
Youzhny is the guy who loves smashing racquets and who once cut his forehead through hitting it with one!  He's also a crowd pleaser at Wimbledon, so Andy will need to be on his very best behaviour as well as playing great tennis.

Strangely enough he and Andy have only met twice before, with Andy winning on each occasion - 2007 in St Petersburg, and 2009 in Valencia when it was still played on clay.

IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 11:31 PM »

Andy is quite the media darling atm, has is done an excellent PR job the last 2-3 weeks, and the nation has fallen in love with Andy finally....what took them so long?? Been in love with Andy since about 2005....Whistle
IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 11:42 PM »

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle                     i agree ............................................
Andy is quite the media darling atm, has is done an excellent PR job the last 2-3 weeks, and the nation has fallen in love with Andy finally....what took them so long?? Been in love with Andy since about 2005....Whistle
[/quote]
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #39 on: June 29, 2013, 11:44 PM »

Just realised I've grown another ball
You should join the circus!  Very Happy
IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #40 on: June 29, 2013, 11:45 PM »

LOL
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #41 on: June 29, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Bloody hell Elly, I feel I've known you for years but 25,634 balls. shocking
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 11:47 PM »

Am I the only one not really nervous about watching Andy, and just appreciating his tennis this time around at Wimbles?

Pretty much, yeah.
IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #43 on: June 29, 2013, 11:47 PM »

I never get nervous watching Andy matches, I always get pumped - I  shout 'come on' after about 80% of the points that Andy wins and when it gets tenser even when his opponent misses a first serve :]

me too xxx my neighbours think im mad xxxx
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 11:49 PM »

me too xxx my neighbours think im mad xxxx
MCD? Maybe?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »