Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 8005 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 11:49 PM »

Bloody hell Elly, I feel I've known you for years but 25,634 balls. shocking
What can I say? - I'm a trooper! 

Looking forward to this next match.  Very impressed with Andy thus far.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 11:50 PM »

Andy is quite the media darling atm, has is done an excellent PR job the last 2-3 weeks, and the nation has fallen in love with Andy finally....what took them so long?? Been in love with Andy since about 2005....Whistle

Good posting! ... you're certainly not the only one and over time I have come to appreciate him for more than just his tennis...  wub

Will probably miss at least some of the match on Monday if he's on second. Will still be at work which is too bad! Might allow myself a livescore peek or two though!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 11:50 PM »

Andy gets the 2nd slot on CC. Perfect timing for me and hopefully for all of you.

Yes that slot is perfect for me!

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 11:52 PM »

Any time is perfect for me, I'm off next week.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 12:15 AM »

I'll just have to hope there's not too much going on at work so I can sneak lots of peeks.  I'm sure I'll not be alone in that!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #50 on: June 30, 2013, 12:16 AM »

I'm much more realaxed this first week, but as the 2nd week looms I can feel the pressure, nerves and worry.
We'll all have stomach ulcers by Wednesday!
My level of nervousness depends on who Andy's playing and how he's playing but there's no doubt that the tension will start rising here come Monday.  I also keep well away from reading or listening to media hype because I find it not only a wind-up but irritating as well since I know how quickly they can change their tune, especially where Andy's concerned.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 12:33 AM »

Am I the only one not really nervous about watching Andy, and just appreciating his tennis this time around at Wimbles?

No, I've surprised myself by being pretty calm. I was a wreck last year. During the third round I actually thought I might die, but this year my heart has managed to stay in my chest and my blood pressure seems ok.

How's that for tempting fate Smile.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 12:37 AM »

No, I've surprised myself by being pretty calm. I was a wreck last year. During the third round I actually thought I might die, but this year my heart has managed to stay in my chest and my blood pressure seems ok.

How's that for tempting fate Smile.
I must say i have been very calm in watching Andy this time.He looks so confident and assuered.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 12:51 AM »

Youzhny is dangerous due to the fact Andy has very little experience playing him. Which could mean Andy starts a bit tentatively while he works him out.

I think if Andy get on top of him early on, it will be difficult for him, Andy is serving well enough and he is cracking those returns and BHs better than he has done in a long time. Our man is in good form, no doubt about it.

If Andy plays well below his level and Youznhy plays out of his skin he could potentialy win i suppose. But I certainly, don't think this is the most proabable scenario.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 12:58 AM »

The backhand down the line has been the most impressive improvement at Wimbledon so far, it looks back to the form it used to be and a very powerful weapon. I have a feeling it's something Andy has been working on a lot.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #55 on: June 30, 2013, 12:59 AM »

I must say i have been very calm in watching Andy this time.He looks so confident and assuered.
I agree that that does help, Dianne.  Andy has certainly changed a lot since last year.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #56 on: June 30, 2013, 01:04 AM »

Am I the only one not really nervous about watching Andy, and just appreciating his tennis this time around at Wimbles?

Haven't been nervous yet. I think it was towards the end of the Robredo match, when one of the BBC comms was saying it was a bit tense and we'd been here before in British tennis (I'm paraphrasing here), and Tim Henman said - I'm looking at the clock, people just getting home from work - I'd have got another couple of hours out of this. Sweet!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #57 on: June 30, 2013, 01:06 AM »

It's very exciting watching Andy, these days.  Our boy is all grown up!  I think he's made very smart choices in who he has around him, and what works for him.  Lendl has been very good for Andy - eyes like flint, and sexy as hell!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #58 on: June 30, 2013, 03:59 AM »

Andy gets the 2nd slot on CC. Perfect timing for me and hopefully for all of you.

nah  About 6 am would be perfect timing for me lol

cmonandy

Not sure who Mikhail is saluting, but appears to do it a lot as there were lots of these poses for me to choose from. 

And here's what Timmy has to say about Mikhail:-

Ranking/Seeding: 26/20
ATP Tour titles: 8
Career prize money: $10,321,737
Wimbledon record: 13th appearance. Best: Quarter-final 2012. Wins/defeats: 28/12
Record v Murray: Won 0, lost 2
Did you know: He has a hair-trigger temper - as witnessed in a furious racquet-smashing incident at this year's French Open - and a PhD in philosophy from the University of Moscow.

Tim Henman's verdict: "He has great grass-court experience with this being his 13th Wimbledon. He has had a lot of good results on this surface and reached the final of Halle last week where he pushed Roger Federer close. He knows his way around Wimbledon and reached the quarters here last year. He is able to flatten the ball out and is a wily competitor. Notoriously fiery, his temperament has been, and could be, an issue."

Tim's danger rating: 7/10

* Murray vs Youzhny.JPG (89.83 KB, 665x691 - viewed 200 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc June 30, 2013, 04:03 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 04:06 AM »

Also notice they both wear Adidas and use Head racquets. Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »