Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny

(Read 7987 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #60 on: June 30, 2013, 04:12 AM »

Thanks for all that info Bev and for the H2H.

There's a rather charming reason for his salute -

Youzhny was cheered loudly after delivering a military style salute to each stand with his racket on his head after sealing the third set, a celebration he said had been his trademark for the past decade to "say thanks to the people".

Full article, which is worth a read - http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/29/andy-murray-mikhail-youzhny

As for the racket-smashing incident at RG, Youzhny was getting a tad annoyed with himself for going a set and 3-0 down to Tommy Haas. Whistle  Didn't do him any good though because he still lost the match 6-1, 6-1, 6-3!

[ Last edit by Aileen June 30, 2013, 04:27 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #61 on: June 30, 2013, 04:40 AM »

I quite like the colonel, it will be good to see him live.

In fact all the people who I will see on monday I am fans of, or do not mind.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #62 on: June 30, 2013, 05:34 AM »

I am strangely not nearly as nervous as usual although my OH thinks I am.  I am usually a bundle of nerves.  I am glad he is playing on Monday as I have a hospital appointment on Tuesday and last year when he was playing my blood pressure was up. The nurse and I had a joke about the fact he was playing but actually I suffer from 'white coat syndrome' as it is normally very steady at a normal level.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #63 on: June 30, 2013, 05:46 AM »

I think I'm the only one who isn't too scared for this match. I'm really eally underestimating Youzhny which is not nice of me at all. TMH mentioned in the other thread that he's in quite good form so he might be a challenge for Andy.

Andy in 3. cmon yeah
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #64 on: June 30, 2013, 07:31 AM »

We need to be cautious about this match Youzhny is another player who has been around for a long time , had a dip in rankings and is now much improved. Murray, I hope will play steadily,like he did with Robredo and come through in 3.
  The Monday of the second week ,traditionally, has been the graveyard for British players we must avoid this pitfall this time.
 He looked really smart on Saturday and played his part in the ceremony beautifully
 I can't remember seeing Henman's Hill so crammed I wonder how many of MW were there.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #65 on: June 30, 2013, 08:59 AM »

think we ought to do what andy does one match at a time one day at a time and i have tried not to think about the final to much as yet just want andy to get through each match.but hoping he does make it through.
anyone no what time andy on tom
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #66 on: June 30, 2013, 09:27 AM »

Murray is on Center Court, second up after a women's match Williams v Lisicki.  This match starts at 1pm so after they fool  around "warming up" and Serena finishes in 2 sets I reckon Andy will start about 3-30pm
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #67 on: June 30, 2013, 09:33 AM »

@Bev,

Thanks for posting Tim Henman's take on this, I wouldnt have seen that otherwise.

Loved the pics in the H2H! Very funny Very Happy

PS: I should just be able to make it home from work, if it's starting at approx 16.30, Norway time. 
The problem is, I get tense on my journey if the match has started, as I cant access the score and that makes me irritable and anxious.  I have 4 types of transport to contend with would you believe! A tram, tube train then a ferry and lastly a bus Very Happy

I've got to leave early to avoid the stress !!! pullhair
[ Last edit by lashurst June 30, 2013, 09:44 AM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #68 on: June 30, 2013, 09:39 AM »

I've to attend jury service tomorrow morning ;( best case scenario is I go don't get picked and get let home about lunchtime  yay worst case scenario is I do get picked which means I could be there up to a fortnight  ranting please  pray for me.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #69 on: June 30, 2013, 09:46 AM »

After looking at Aileen's clip I would advise Andy to wear body armour tomorrow!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #70 on: June 30, 2013, 09:48 AM »

I've to attend jury service tomorrow morning ;( best case scenario is I go don't get picked and get let home about lunchtime  yay worst case scenario is I do get picked which means I could be there up to a fortnight  ranting please  pray for me.
Oh how awful..maybe having to do your duty as a citizen..

I'm on my knees and praying for you now Angie.  pray
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #71 on: June 30, 2013, 10:00 AM »

You pay £300 to have a worse experience than people sitting at home and watching better matches for free. lololol
Poor Gangsta - you can still enjoy yourself as well - there's the atmosphere for one thing. I've never been and tbh from Devon it would cost a lot and as has been said you can watch better at home. I would love to have the experience of going though so just enjoy it young man.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #72 on: June 30, 2013, 01:20 PM »

Yeah Youzhny may have made the quarters last year but then he was blown apart by Federer 6-1 6-2 6-2
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #73 on: June 30, 2013, 04:04 PM »

Couldn't they have waited until Wimbledon was over? lol  I sincerely hope you don't get picked, so will certainly be praying for you. hug

Poor Gangsta - you can still enjoy yourself as well - there's the atmosphere for one thing. I've never been and tbh from Devon it would cost a lot and as has been said you can watch better at home. I would love to have the experience of going though so just enjoy it young man.
Gangsta, clever lad that he is, has decided to watch the Ferrer/Dodig match on No.2, where play starts at 11:30am, and then to go Henman Hill for Andy's one, so he's getting the best of both worlds, and the atmosphere on HH should be great.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #74 on: June 30, 2013, 04:33 PM »

Murrays mount if you don't mind Aileen  Whistle
I watched Andy win Olympic gold from there and it was a great experience.
I'd thought Andy would be on last to suit the tea time tv audience but I see Nole is on centre yet again and has that slot again- is he not going to have to do the statutory match on court 1? And poor Ferrer, despite being 4th seed, is relegated to court 2 and has only been on centre once. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »