Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Youzhny in 3
Youzhny in 4
Youzhny in 5

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny  (Read 7357 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #870 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43 PM »

Really?  While I aware of the connotation I would be reluctant to infer it from that post. But no doubt the boy himself will enlighten us!

Sure, but he called someone a f*g yesterday so that's where I was deducing it from.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #871 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45 PM »

It's originally a gay slur.

Sorry, originally meant 'strange' but has become a gay slur in popular culture.

Anyways, off topic.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #872 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45 PM »

It's originally a gay slur.

I meant weird/strange, his athletic ability shines through even more, ran down some awfully good balls from Dodig.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #873 on: July 01, 2013, 10:48 PM »

Got loads of pics for u guys to fawn over.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #874 on: July 01, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Can't wait to see them!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #875 on: July 01, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Same, but most are of one of the hottest females around on the WTA. If you can guess I will be happy.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #876 on: July 01, 2013, 11:09 PM »

Court 2 looked like turf. Ferrer is queer live.
Sounds like you loved watching him.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #877 on: July 01, 2013, 11:14 PM »

Looking forward to seeing pics too guys.

I got in at 4-5 in the second not aware that Andy had been so far behind but I was so impressed with how he turned around the tie break. I agree with everyone who said in years gone by he would often have lost that set.

I absolutely loved when McEnroe dismissed Tim's observation that Andy was average and his comment that most players would love to play like an average Andy Murray! It's changed days when other comms are being more positive than Henman!

Andy's appearance in the Today at Wimbledon studio was a nice surprise and like Teejay I thought his advice for Laura was very thoughtful and he came across well.

Andy just seems different this year and it's wonderful to see him reaping the rewards of years of hard work. I was struggling to get to sleep last night and found the "Andy Murray: History Boy" 5 Live podcast on my I-Pod it was brilliant to relive those moments again.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #878 on: July 01, 2013, 11:19 PM »

Sounds like you loved watching him.

He was ok actually. It was a good match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #879 on: July 01, 2013, 11:20 PM »

Never thought of that - thought he just  meant strange seeing him in the flesh.
That never crossed my mind either, and I really don't see how what Gangsta said could have been misinterpreted given the context in which it was put.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #880 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58 PM »

That never crossed my mind either, and I really don't see how what Gangsta said could have been misinterpreted given the context in which it was put.

Rolling Eyes

As I explained, his usage of another slur yesterday was the context in which I was working in.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #881 on: July 02, 2013, 04:09 AM »

Thank you Apollo!Would be lovely to get to see that Smile
Still looking for the interview. It was after Djokovic match in the studio. It's late so I will continue to look for it tomorrow. Sorry I don't have it yet.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #882 on: July 02, 2013, 04:45 AM »

Looked like it was going to fall apart in the 2nd set but great comeback and destroyed him in the 3rd set. Really good to be tested leading up to the really big matches. Unfortunately don't really know how he got out of that 2nd set. We lost the coverage due to "technical issues" just as he broke back and they showed highlights of last year's final until getting it back at 1-0 in the 3rd set.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #883 on: July 02, 2013, 07:32 AM »

You saw that as well huh? He doesn't believe it for a second, it was written all over his face, but he isn't the type to go around saying 'Oh well, I'm a better player now than that arrogant, big-headed git who's only won one tournament all year', is he, even if he might think it right down to his toe-nails. Good on him for the diplomacy though, even if it was a bare-faced lie Whistle.

As for the match, Youzhny did better than I thought he would, so respect to him for that, but the fact is that it wasn't good enough. It's really as simple as that. To me it just goes to show how brilliant the top players are, they can play below their very best and still get it done, which Andy did today.

Andy just had a dip in concentration, that was all. To make anything more out of it than that is to be overly dramatic. It happens. No one plays 7 best of five set matches without throwing in one dodgy performance, just ask Federer and Nadal, and today was far from that for Andy, very far. He got it done in straight sets. Job done, end of story. His level hasn't dropped at all, he just had a bad 20 minutes or so. He sorted it and won as quickly as possible. That is all that is required.

To my mind the key with Andy is not getting into a tight spot, but how he gets out of it. In the past, in a situation like he was in in that second set, he would have got frustrated and blown up at himself. There was none of that today. He merely had a short go at himself, probably to wake himself up, and then he got on with it, dug deep and dealt with the threat. That is a huge transformation for Andy, not that it has come from nowhere, but it shows it works.

I'm actually glad Andy was tested. It doesn't do any of them any good to have it too easy. If it is too easy you have to wonder whether the ability to fight will be there when and if it is needed. Andy showed today that he can respond to threats, exactly as he did against Robredo for a time, and I have no doubt Andy will respond further down the line.

It makes me laugh when idiots like Simon Reed talk about what Lendl will think. How on earth would he know? You know what Lendl will care about with that match? The fact that Andy won, simple as that. Any glitches can be worked on, and they will be.

Great and honest post TJ. It is exactly how I feel.  There is too much panic this year as he is actually doing better this year so far than last.  The bit about Simon Reed is so so right.  I have often said what do they know about Lendl and his thoughts.  He would never let on.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R4: Andy Murray vs. Mikhail Youzhny « Reply #884 on: July 02, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Ferrer-Dodig, Stephens-Puig and Murray-Youzhny (1 set and a half) on HH.
Well done you getting a space on the hill - we came off court one to see some of Murray, not a space to be had  (there was a very brave Russian standing in the middle of it all ha ha!) - but it's possible to follow the score from court one cos you can hear the crowd on the hill.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »