Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 23 (82.1%)
Murray in 4 - 2 (7.1%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3.6%)
Becker in 3 - 0 (0%)
Becker in 4 - 0 (0%)
Becker in 5 - 2 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker

(Read 4721 times)
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #285 on: June 24, 2013, 07:08 PM »

well done andy manged to get home at 5 30 so watched some of the match
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #286 on: June 24, 2013, 07:29 PM »

I liked Andy's interview, re: Nadals loss,  he said you have to come in prepared to win your first match.  And yes, it was all about Nadal today....all the twitter, the tv, the announcers, just because Nadal is great on clay, doesn't mean he's great on everything.  Also noted, Rafa said grass is hard because you have to get down low (meaning bend your knees), that didn't make much sense to me, don't you have to bend your knees and get down low in tennis period??
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #287 on: June 24, 2013, 07:30 PM »

Well done Andy......keep it going!!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #288 on: June 24, 2013, 07:59 PM »

I didn't get home until Andy's match was over. Not surprised about Nadal,I posted a few days ago that I had a feeling that he would go out early. I just couldn't understand the so called experts saying Nadal would go on and win everything including Wimbledon. Clay is so different to grass and I couldn't understand why they didn't wait to see how he was at his first match before predicting that he was going to win the championship.
So pleased that Andy won in three sets and has now got his first match nerves behind him.
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #289 on: June 24, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Hopefully Nadal might still have a few problems with the knee as he has had such a busy few months and will go out before the quarters.
I am sure Andy can beat Roger

very sorry to see Rafa get beaten, but when I posted the above I just had a gut feeling that things were not Ok with the world in the Rafa camp
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #290 on: June 24, 2013, 08:32 PM »

Looks like Hewitt is sending Stan home Swiss cheese and cow bells. !!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #291 on: June 24, 2013, 08:41 PM »

Well done Lleyton, Aussie Aussie Aussie.  goodjob

Goodbye Stan. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #292 on: June 24, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Transcript of Andy's presser from today-a good read Smile Some interesting stuff about the match,Laura's future chances,how he said no to the documentary idea for about 7 months before changing his mind,etc.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/interviews/2013-06-24/201306241372106671033.html
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #293 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32 PM »

Thanks Dani.. I missed it so good to read x
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #294 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36 PM »

Annoyingly a free channel has got Wimbledon here this year instead of Sky, which means we only get one channel and no choice of match (Sky usually dedicate 2 or 3 channels to Grand Slams so you get the choice of centre court, the 2nd court and an outside court match). Also means regardless of what's happening in the match they'll cut for the breakfast news at 6am (I remember once missing the penalty shootout of the NZ domestic cup final as they wouldn't delay they start of the news 10 minutes to stick with it). Recorded overnight and got up early to watch before work and they showed Nadal instead so only got to see the 3rd set of this.

Anyway safely through the first hurdle. Pity Nadal and Federer won't be battering each other in the quarter final.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #295 on: June 24, 2013, 11:16 PM »

Will try not to get too carried away but Andy is lookin so good on the grass this year. He has upped his forehand even from the improvement we seen last year. He is hitting good length with the ball, he's getting his angles, hitting outrageous shots. I know he has always been so talented but he is looking just so hard to beat. Oh, roll on Wednesday!!!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #296 on: June 25, 2013, 12:00 AM »

I didn't get home until Andy's match was over. Not surprised about Nadal,I posted a few days ago that I had a feeling that he would go out early. I just couldn't understand the so called experts saying Nadal would go on and win everything including Wimbledon. Clay is so different to grass and I couldn't understand why they didn't wait to see how he was at his first match before predicting that he was going to win the championship.
So pleased that Andy won in three sets and has now got his first match nerves behind him.

Yeah I said back in clay season I felt Nadal was being severely over hyped. Djoko was very close to beating him there. Nadal's best hope for the remainder of his career is the french and clay season in general. His knee is screwed and he and his camp know it. He cant play on a surface that he cant slide his movement into or his knee jarrs and locks. Injury aside ...I still believe Andy would have beaten a fit Nadal...he is a different player now compared to their last meeting on grass.

Good solid opener from Andy today... some minor losses of focus ... was always gonna win in 3 tho. Decent form for a 1st rd match.... and he has improved in many aspects since last year at wimbledon.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #297 on: June 25, 2013, 12:45 AM »

It was interesting that the comms for Andy's match said the only thing they could criticise was Andy's second serve. I take the point, but they've been going on about Andy's second serve for ages and it hasn't stopped him, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Andy looked great out there today. He got the job done handily and didn't need to go into top gear. That's an exciting thought for the challenges ahead. He just looks the part out there, and I'm no expert, but it looks like he is playing with real purpose.

I still feel Andy had a great chance against Nadal, which is why I was narked when the comms went on about how pleased Andy would be that Nadal lost. The only thing you can take from that is they all assumed Andy couldn't have got past him, which is a cheek. The Andy of now is totally different from the Andy who lost to Nadal at Wimbledon 2011.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #298 on: June 25, 2013, 07:30 AM »

Annoyingly a free channel has got Wimbledon here this year instead of Sky, which means we only get one channel and no choice of match (Sky usually dedicate 2 or 3 channels to Grand Slams so you get the choice of centre court, the 2nd court and an outside court match). Also means regardless of what's happening in the match they'll cut for the breakfast news at 6am (I remember once missing the penalty shootout of the NZ domestic cup final as they wouldn't delay they start of the news 10 minutes to stick with it). Recorded overnight and got up early to watch before work and they showed Nadal instead so only got to see the 3rd set of this.

Anyway safely through the first hurdle. Pity Nadal and Federer won't be battering each other in the quarter final.
had the same problem.  No red button on tv I was watching it on so missed the middle set.   And the comms didn't even tell us what was happening in andy's match - just assumed everyone interested had pressed red button.  V frustrating. But what I saw made me  think andy looked really poised and calm out there and he looked like he meant business (even if he played a sloppy game in 1st set).
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R1: Andy Murray vs. Benjamin Becker « Reply #299 on: June 25, 2013, 11:07 AM »

Let the press talk about Nadal Murray's through That's what matters Pleased about Hewitt I would really like to see Andy play him but I don't think that will happen
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »