Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 3 - 35 (89.7%)
Murray in 4 - 2 (5.1%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Lu in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 4 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu

(Read 6768 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #405 on: June 26, 2013, 07:00 PM »

H2H is 3-2 to Robredo, but the last time they played was three years ago, and they've never met on grass.

Thanks - today's Murray is a very different beast to the Murray of 3 years ago. Suspect its going to be stressful....!!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #406 on: June 26, 2013, 07:00 PM »

Glad Andy through, given the events of today, very solid performance and Fed not looking quite so imperious today dropped a set.

Fed will be wanting the roof closed Whistle

I see rain is forecast for Thursday - might disrupt things a little.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #407 on: June 26, 2013, 07:07 PM »

Found out at the weekend that one of our neighbours has  been diagnosed with cancer - weeks to live.  That reinforces my view that we should all make the most of the things we enjoy yes  I can catch up on sleep tonight Very Happy

Sorry about your neighbour . I agree with you, even though I am still exhausted from my last trip to Scotland I am heading back in a few days. Arran this time.  I shall be away on final day. The time for catching up on sleep is when Mr M retires...!!!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #408 on: June 26, 2013, 07:11 PM »

The H2H with Robredo is just 2-2, Andy won their last two matches though. They haven't played since 2009 and never on grass.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #409 on: June 26, 2013, 07:12 PM »

A fine performance from our lad today, sweet and and efficient all around. He served well, he returned well and got the job done.  clap clap clap clap clap

I was impressed with the fight from Lu at times, particularly at the start and in the third, but somehow, and I don't quite know how to put it in tennis terms, it was a bit like watching Andy beat Lu into submission. I never really sensed Andy getting in to any real peril, he always seemed to have another gear to go to.

I was a bit disappointed in how quiet the crowd were, but they supported Andy when they felt they needed to. It was great to see Murray Mount (Henman Hill, load of nonsense!) so packed. I get the feeling there is something different going on for Andy this year to be honest. It feels like he's got a lot of quiet, steady support that is just waiting for the business end of the tournament.

So, not Mahut in the next round, but Robredo. That might be fun. Given that it is so long since they've played I'm quietly confident for Andy, although I have a lot of respect for Robredo too.

Must also add that I am sorry about your neighbour Bev, and Aileen, good to see you around again.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #410 on: June 26, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Fed has been broken, he will be fighting to break back at 5-6
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #411 on: June 26, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Fed is down 2 sets to 1.  Do we want him to win or would Andy's chances be better against Stakhovsky?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #412 on: June 26, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Fed is down 2 sets to 1.  Do we want him to win or would Andy's chances be better against Stakhovsky?

I know I'll get shot down, but I fancy Andy's chances either way.

I wouldn't dismiss either Fed or Stakhovsky, obviously, but if Stakhovsky pulls the win off today you'd have to wonder if he can keep doing it in order to get to Andy - we are still in the second round after all.

If Fed has to go the long way around today, given his form this year, you'd surely have to wonder a bit if he'd have a lot left in the tank by the time the semi's come around.

A long way to go yet in both scenarios though.

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #413 on: June 26, 2013, 07:34 PM »

I want him out - think of the points. Is there any reason not to want Fed out (serious question)?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #414 on: June 26, 2013, 07:35 PM »

I want him out - think of the points. Is there any reason not to want Fed out (serious question)?
To have the pleasure of watching Andy gubb him at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #415 on: June 26, 2013, 07:38 PM »

Stakhovski is playing out of his skin today. If he beats Federer today he may not play as well in the next round. Personally I would like to see Federer humbled. He probably did a little dance when Nadal went out. Smile
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #416 on: June 26, 2013, 07:39 PM »

To have the pleasure of watching Andy gubb him at Wimbledon.

We've had that Andy demolished him at the Olympics  clap
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #417 on: June 26, 2013, 07:42 PM »

God - I sound like a broken record, but I just don't want people saying Andy's way was made easy here, nor do I want him to lose to someone who's dander is up, because they've seen the best going out!  I just want Andy to take this title, and I really need to go and lie down in a darkened room!  Frown
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #418 on: June 26, 2013, 07:44 PM »

God - I sound like a broken record, but I just don't want people saying Andy's way was made easy here, nor do I want him to lose to someone who's dander is up, because they've seen the best going out!  I just want Andy to take this title, and I really need to go and lie down in a darkened room!  Frown

No I totally agree Elly, the doubters and the haters would have some ammunition.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #419 on: June 26, 2013, 07:45 PM »

It is now 3-1
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »