Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 3 - 35 (89.7%)
Murray in 4 - 2 (5.1%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Lu in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 4 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu

(Read 7273 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #420 on: June 26, 2013, 07:48 PM »

No I totally agree Elly, the doubters and the haters would have some ammunition.

The ones who doubt and hate will do so regardless. His true supporters will know, the rest are not worth our time. I want him to hold that trophy in his mucky little paws. Providing he wins honestly I don't give a t*ss whether its  or hard.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #421 on: June 26, 2013, 07:52 PM »

The ones who doubt and hate will do so regardless. His true supporters will know, the rest are not worth our time. I want him to hold that trophy in his mucky little paws. Providing he wins honestly I don't give a t*ss whether its  or hard.
I guess that's true, Masaka.  However he wins (if he does) won't be good enough for some.  Thanks - I feel loads better now!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #422 on: June 26, 2013, 07:58 PM »

Andy would still have to get past Djokovic to win.  Roger who?? Smile

I don't care what people say. If Andy wins I will go out into the street and dance. Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #423 on: June 26, 2013, 07:59 PM »

I guess that's true, Masaka.  However he wins (if he does) won't be good enough for some.  Thanks - I feel loads better now!  Very Happy

I have realized from the response to the documentary, that there are a lot of pathetic, inadequates out there, who still spew forth their bile, over a comment made by a rather niave young man, many years ago.  He will be dammed regardless. Equally that documentary did seem to change some people's view of our lad.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #424 on: June 26, 2013, 08:02 PM »

I have realized from the response to the documentary, that there are a lot of pathetic, inadequates out there, who still spew forth their bile, over a comment made by a rather niave young man, many years ago.  He will be dammed regardless. Equally that documentary did seem to change some people's view of our lad.

It's just Anglo Scottish banter, even Sir Akex Ferguson said it happens all the time and what happened to Murray was awful. 
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #425 on: June 26, 2013, 08:06 PM »

Mind you I still think Fed will probably pull the rabbit out of the hat, but a tough 5 setter is just what the doctor ordered.
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #426 on: June 26, 2013, 08:13 PM »

Sorry off topic, but what the hell is Fed's wife wearing. Did she lose her suitcase?   shocking
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #427 on: June 26, 2013, 08:17 PM »

stakhovsky has won
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #428 on: June 26, 2013, 08:20 PM »

OMG!  Roger must be sobbing into the lapels of his soldier suit Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #429 on: June 26, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Mind you I still think Fed will probably pull the rabbit out of the hat, but a tough 5 setter is just what the doctor ordered.

That will go down as one of my greatest miscalculations....!!!

People's views? Whilst Mr S played very well, I thought Fed didn't play brilliantly. He looked out of sorts and knackered for most of it.  Mad Hatter can we have a points update to gloat over - please. Meanwhile the Rio singles gold receeds further and further into dream land.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #430 on: June 26, 2013, 08:29 PM »

anyone know what was said between stakhovsky and federer at the net at the end?

cause it looked like stakhovsky said "you're full of sh#t"
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #431 on: June 26, 2013, 08:30 PM »

Fed was probably too busy wiping the tears to say anything.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #432 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31 PM »

anyone know what was said between stakhovsky and federer at the net at the end?
I think Stakhovsky said 'Andy wants to buy your 'Finals' jacket'...
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #433 on: June 26, 2013, 08:33 PM »

I really think Fed's glory days are over. As well as Djoko and Nadal (knees notwithstanding), Murray has his measure in the big matches too. Last two slams he lost to Tsonga, and now Stahkovsky (no 112 ?). He now holds none of the slams. Although he still has great skill, I just can't see him getting through 7 five-setters to win another big one.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #434 on: June 26, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Lol ... Fed and his sheep fans ...faces like slapped salmon.. he is finished . I predict he will be lucky to win an atp 250 event now.

Of course cue all the negators and their ' If Murray doesnt win wimbledon now he never will!'

In some ways this could be a tougher route for Andy.... either no real competition until he meets Djoko in final...or every opponent seeing a chance to reach a slam final and coming out swinging.

Keep your eye on the prize Andy!!!
[ Last edit by ABF June 26, 2013, 08:40 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »