Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 3 - 35 (89.7%)
Murray in 4 - 2 (5.1%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Lu in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 4 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu

(Read 6769 times)
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #435 on: June 26, 2013, 08:37 PM »

i agree sid, i have said this since olympics, federer just doesnt have it anymore

i would love to know what was said between them at the net cause stakhovsky did not look impressed and in the interview he mentioned federer's EGO pmsl
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #436 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38 PM »

I hope they make Fed do an interview.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #437 on: June 26, 2013, 08:55 PM »

I think Stakhovsky said 'Andy wants to buy your 'Finals' jacket'...
roflmao
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #438 on: June 26, 2013, 08:56 PM »

Someone here watching the match said after they left the court, Fed hurried faster to get his stuff together and hurried off not waving to anyone.  I will have to listen to Stakhovsky's interview.

Yes I agree that Andy will have to stay on his game, very focused, because all of his opponents will say to themselves #135 took out Rafa, #112 took out Federer, I have a chance.

Interestingly, both Federer and Rafa matches were good tennis, they all fought to the end.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #439 on: June 26, 2013, 09:16 PM »

The seeds are falling like flies at the moment, both genders.
I'm not going give it much thought just now, but I can see (if Andy goes deeper) the media and his critics saying that he's got it easy because of the departure of the top seeds.

Regarding Federer, he didnt seem to have it in hm today, he was overwhelmed by Stakhovsky at times. I hope Stakhovsy doesnt fall at the next hurdle. Shame Darcis got injured and didnt go further after his momumental effort against Rafa.

The tournament has really been opened up.   
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #440 on: June 26, 2013, 09:18 PM »

He, like all others have their obligations to do a presser afterwards- win or lose.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #441 on: June 26, 2013, 09:22 PM »

I'm not going give it much thought just now, but I can see (if Andy goes deeper) the media and his critics saying that he's got it easy because of the departure of the top seeds.

Doesn't bother me Smile  the way I see it, everybody will be happy with that scenario, particularly if he wins - I would give anything to see Andy lift that beautiful golden cup, and I don't give a flying *cough* about what snidey little put-downs the media and critics come up with to try to devalue it.  A Wimbledon title is a Wimbledon title, nobody can take that away from the winner.  If it's Andy, he's already proved himself in the US Open and the Olympics, and I will be sailing high on the happiest little cloud ever if it does turn out to be him.  NOBODY is dragging me down from *that* high.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #442 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23 PM »

He, like all others have their obligations to do a presser afterwards- win or lose.

If he's a man, he'll take it on the chin, and acknowledge his opponent, give thanks for what he has achieved, and move on.
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #443 on: June 26, 2013, 09:25 PM »

The two top players are still in the draw, now if Djokovic had gone out.... 

How many years in a row has Federer had an easy run to the final? Nobody mentions his luck, maybe people are just used to it. Smile
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #444 on: June 26, 2013, 09:30 PM »

Doesn't bother me Smile  the way I see it, everybody will be happy with that scenario, particularly if he wins - I would give anything to see Andy lift that beautiful golden cup, and I don't give a flying *cough* about what snidey little put-downs the media and critics come up with to try to devalue it.  A Wimbledon title is a Wimbledon title, nobody can take that away from the winner.  If it's Andy, he's already proved himself in the US Open and the Olympics, and I will be sailing high on the happiest little cloud ever if it does turn out to be him.  NOBODY is dragging me down from *that* high.
Me neither.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #445 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42 PM »

I like that - 'make' him do it ! lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #446 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42 PM »

"When you play Federer, it's like you play two person: Roger Federer, and his ego
"I can tell my grandsons I kicked Roger Federer's butt." -Sergiy Stakhovsky
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #447 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Makes little difference to Andy what fed and nadal are or aren't doing! Robredo is Andy's next opponent and for now thats all he will be thinking about.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #448 on: June 26, 2013, 09:47 PM »

The two top players are still in the draw, now if Djokovic had gone out.... 

How many years in a row has Federer had an easy run to the final? Nobody mentions his luck, maybe people are just used to it. Smile

For the majority of the years Fed had no competition.  Opponents would come on the court and fall apart.  Only when Rafa started beating him a lot did he feel any heat, then came Andy and Nole.  Many of his Grand Slams were easily won, not like today.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #449 on: June 26, 2013, 09:47 PM »

"When you play Federer, it's like you play two person: Roger Federer, and his ego
"I can tell my grandsons I kicked Roger Federer's butt." -Sergiy Stakhovsky

I really starting like this guy :p
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »