Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 3 - 35 (89.7%)
Murray in 4 - 2 (5.1%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Lu in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 4 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 5 - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu

(Read 5755 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #450 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49 PM »

Just come In,  shocking Smug fed out  roflmao , amazing Mr Murray  yay yay yay As you are all saying more pressure I guess on Andy, but as he has said you can only play who is in front of you, and if they are not good enough to get to quarters or semis  Whistle
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #451 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49 PM »

Doesn't bother me Smile  the way I see it, everybody will be happy with that scenario, particularly if he wins - I would give anything to see Andy lift that beautiful golden cup, and I don't give a flying *cough* about what snidey little put-downs the media and critics come up with to try to devalue it.  A Wimbledon title is a Wimbledon title, nobody can take that away from the winner.  If it's Andy, he's already proved himself in the US Open and the Olympics, and I will be sailing high on the happiest little cloud ever if it does turn out to be him.  NOBODY is dragging me down from *that* high.
Good posting!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #452 on: June 26, 2013, 09:53 PM »

: :
Sorry off topic, but what the hell is Fed's wife wearing. Did she lose her suitcase?   shocking
[/quote).   roflmao Haha I often think that, all that money and she looks like bag Lady . shocking
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #453 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55 PM »

Doesn't bother me Smile  the way I see it, everybody will be happy with that scenario, particularly if he wins - I would give anything to see Andy lift that beautiful golden cup, and I don't give a flying *cough* about what snidey little put-downs the media and critics come up with to try to devalue it.  A Wimbledon title is a Wimbledon title, nobody can take that away from the winner.  If it's Andy, he's already proved himself in the US Open and the Olympics, and I will be sailing high on the happiest little cloud ever if it does turn out to be him.  NOBODY is dragging me down from *that* high.
Agree Abousltley  clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #454 on: June 26, 2013, 09:58 PM »

He, like all others have their obligations to do a presser afterwards- win or lose.

Be interesting to hear what he says!! Just dumped a lot of points too, Lashurst .
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #455 on: June 26, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Good solid win. Had the same issues with the coverage here - we didn't join this match until 3-2 in the 3rd set having seen Tsonga and the end of Sharapova first. Should do him some good to be tested in that 3rd set and some of the other results of the day put the challenge of closing out that set into perspective.

Absolutely. I'm sure there will be a lot of people saying it somehow doesn't count because he didn't have to face Federer or Nadal but if they lose to someone else then tough! Of course in an ideal world we'd all love him to smash Federer then beat Djokovic to win it and I'm sure he would too. But he can only beat who is put in front of him. Really trying not to get ahead of myself here but there's no reason not to make the final now.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #456 on: June 26, 2013, 10:36 PM »

Good solid win. Had the same issues with the coverage here - we didn't join this match until 3-2 in the 3rd set having seen Tsonga and the end of Sharapova first. Should do him some good to be tested in that 3rd set and some of the other results of the day put the challenge of closing out that set into perspective.

Absolutely. I'm sure there will be a lot of people saying it somehow doesn't count because he didn't have to face Federer or Nadal but if they lose to someone else then tough! Of course in an ideal world we'd all love him to smash Federer then beat Djokovic to win it and I'm sure he would too. But he can only beat who is put in front of him. Really trying not to get ahead of myself here but there's no reason not to make the final now.
I rest my case. I'm sure the Rafa and Fed fans didn't see them going out to the opponents in question.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #457 on: June 26, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Given recent events, I'm suddenly a bit more interested in Djoko's draw. Does anyone have his likely opponents handy ?
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #458 on: June 26, 2013, 10:40 PM »

Did anyone see this in the press?  Made me laugh.

"Giles Smith, of The Times, sees a change in the appearance rather than performance of Roger Federer who saw off the challenge of Romania’s Victor Hanescu in straight sets in the opening match of the Championships on Centre Court.

“Those who turn to Roger Federer on opening day for signature tailoring and the flourishing of bespoke monograms found him cutting a sadly diminished figure,” writes Smith. “Breathtakingly imperious at times. The proud blazers and heritage trousering of previous years were a distant memory as the champion took to the court in what could only be described as a tennis kit.

“The match between the soles of his shoes and the orange detailing on his shirt was dandyism’s only muted hurrah. And this on the 10th anniversary of his first Wimbledon title, too, when a suit of lights or even something semi-inflatable might have been in order.”
Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #459 on: June 26, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Getting ahead of myself, if Andy does win the tourney I won't care who he beats to do it. It will mean he's won 7 best of five set matches. That's all that matters to me. The media and other idiots could say whatever they like.

The thing I love is the way Andy is keeping out of the chaos. He hasn't been dragged in to the discussion on whether the courts are safe. He's taken certain upsets in his stride. He looks good out there, calm and secure. I love it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #460 on: June 26, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Tell you what, I'd sell a family member to be a fly on the wall at Fed's presser!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #461 on: June 26, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Given recent events, I'm suddenly a bit more interested in Djoko's draw. Does anyone have his likely opponents handy ?
I think tomorrow he plays Bobbie Reynolds ,a walk in the park.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #462 on: June 26, 2013, 11:48 PM »

Time to watch the Andy match, how i love thee bbc iplayer
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #463 on: June 27, 2013, 12:36 AM »

He's not got it easy. Ferrer, Del Potro, Berdych, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Haas all in his half of the draw (although most will take out each other).

Has a very straightforward match tomorrow, but after that his path is:

R3: Chardy/Struff
R4: Haas/Lopez/Mathieu/Wang
QF: Berdych/Gasquet/Anderson/Tomic
SF: Ferrer/Del Potro/Dimitrov/Nishikori/Raonic
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon R2: Andy Murray vs. Yen-Hsun Lu « Reply #464 on: June 30, 2013, 04:05 PM »

He's not got it easy. Ferrer, Del Potro, Berdych, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Haas all in his half of the draw (although most will take out each other).

Has a very straightforward match tomorrow, but after that his path is:

R3: Chardy/Struff
R4: Haas/Lopez/Mathieu/Wang
QF: Berdych/Gasquet/Anderson/Tomic
SF: Ferrer/Del Potro/Dimitrov/Nishikori/Raonic
A belated thanks MH !
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »