Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 3 - 25 (69.4%)
Murray in 4 - 7 (19.4%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (5.6%)
Robredo in 3 - 0 (0%)
Robredo in 4 - 0 (0%)
Robredo in 5 - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo

(Read 8908 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 11:20 PM »

Thanks, didn't notice the estimated time at the top. Don't have to be anywhere until the afternoon tomorrow so will record overnight (as it will possibly start around 4-4.30am here) and be able to watch properly in the morning instead of trying to get through it in an hour or so before work!
In the event that a match alert isn't posted, then the only thing to do is to check out the match thread - in fact (for those who are awake!) it's a good idea to check this regularly anyway or keep an eye on the live scores on the tournie website.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34 PM »

WEATHER UPDATE -  Just listened to the late weather news on the BBC.  Rain is forecast for Wimbledon until about 4pm.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 11:36 PM »

So what time do we expect the match to start roughly?
Play starts at  1 pm, Laura's match is first up, say 1. 30 mins.  a 2 setter maybe),  then Almagro/Jancowicz (could be 4 sets there). I reckon about 5 pm.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #63 on: June 28, 2013, 01:23 AM »

Yeah, I've noticed Bev. w00t  I cant be doing with you slacking off like this!

sorry

Others taking up the mantel have been doing a super job though goodjob
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #64 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24 AM »

Thanks, didn't notice the estimated time at the top. Don't have to be anywhere until the afternoon tomorrow so will record overnight (as it will possibly start around 4-4.30am here) and be able to watch properly in the morning instead of trying to get through it in an hour or so before work!

I hope that Andy's match will be screened for you - we've only had the last set of the first match and part of the last set of the 2nd match this week Eyebrow raise.  Oh, and don't forget that if play continues after 6 am, they switch to channel U (though I'm not sure if that will be the same for the weekend) Think
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #65 on: June 28, 2013, 01:32 AM »

sorry

Others taking up the mantel have been doing a super job though goodjob
But there'll never be another Bev ... 
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #66 on: June 28, 2013, 02:27 AM »

I hope that Andy's match will be screened for you - we've only had the last set of the first match and part of the last set of the 2nd match this week Eyebrow raise.  Oh, and don't forget that if play continues after 6 am, they switch to channel U (though I'm not sure if that will be the same for the weekend) Think

Thanks. Yeah I didn't realise about switching to U which is good (looks like that's the same for the weekend) as I assumed it just stopped altogether at 6am. I imagine they'll have Ferrer instead of Robson but hopefully by the time the 3rd matches come around Murray-Robredo looks the most attractive. Will just have to hope for the best. Very good chance of it going past 6am too I guess so better record both channels.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #67 on: June 28, 2013, 04:03 AM »

But there'll never be another Bev ... 

lol hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #68 on: June 28, 2013, 04:07 AM »

Thanks. Yeah I didn't realise about switching to U which is good (looks like that's the same for the weekend) as I assumed it just stopped altogether at 6am. I imagine they'll have Ferrer instead of Robson but hopefully by the time the 3rd matches come around Murray-Robredo looks the most attractive. Will just have to hope for the best. Very good chance of it going past 6am too I guess so better record both channels.

Yeah, I'm in two minds whether to stop up and watch Laura on the laptop Think and then nap on the settee until Andy's match comes on.  Have to be up early in the morning though - need to be in town by 9 - booking my ticket for a trip home to the UK - work are actually giving me 5 weeks off! fainting
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 05:26 AM »

Hope Andy comes out firing against this guy. I sense it could go either way this one.... a straight sets win for Andy or a complete banana skin. Robredo has won 443 career atp matches...the guy knows how to win a tennis match ...and barring injury would have won more.

Come on Andy!!!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 07:58 AM »

Yeah, I'm in two minds whether to stop up and watch Laura on the laptop Think and then nap on the settee until Andy's match comes on.  Have to be up early in the morning though - need to be in town by 9 - booking my ticket for a trip home to the UK - work are actually giving me 5 weeks off! fainting

Your devotion to Andy is fantastic I do hope you enjoy your home visit to the UK
This match against Robredo should be a bread and butter affair for Andy and will be a good test of his ability to go through to the second week of Wimbledon  without any untoward incidents
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #71 on: June 28, 2013, 08:29 AM »

If we all ignore the childishness perhaps he will grow up.
He hasn't been proved guilty yet! May have been someone completely different. Justice for all and all that. Whistle Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #72 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46 AM »

This match against Robredo should be a bread and butter affair for Andy and will be a good test of his ability to go through to the second week of Wimbledon  without any untoward incidents
Yep, as long as Andy uses his loaf, he won't be liable to a hambush.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 08:47 AM »

Waiting to be picked up to Corfu airport ....I'm bored.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #74 on: June 28, 2013, 08:55 AM »

Robredo is boring.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »