Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon R3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 3 - 25 (69.4%)
Murray in 4 - 7 (19.4%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (5.6%)
Robredo in 3 - 0 (0%)
Robredo in 4 - 0 (0%)
Robredo in 5 - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon R3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo

(Read 7812 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #75 on: June 28, 2013, 09:31 AM »

Your devotion to Andy is fantastic I do hope you enjoy your home visit to the UK
This match against Robredo should be a bread and butter affair for Andy and will be a good test of his ability to go through to the second week of Wimbledon  without any untoward incidents

Aw thanks Benniebone. Luckily I have an understanding husband and I do love to watch Andy play.  Been 7 years since we left the UK, and will be my first visit back (at the exspense of my tennis next year, might I add). Should be interesting, to say the least. Think

Yep, as long as Andy uses his loaf, he won't be liable to a hambush.

Or get himself in a jam lol

That plane arrived to pick you up yet? search
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 10:03 AM »

Mike Dickson reckons that if the roof is used for the match (which it's looking like it will) Robredo will probably enjoy those conditions nervous

Thoughts?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #77 on: June 28, 2013, 10:05 AM »

Mike Dickson reckons that if the roof is used for the match (which it's looking like it will) Robredo will probably enjoy those conditions nervous

Thoughts?

LOL, Mike Dickinson is a fat clown.

If the roof is used for the match, it will play into Andy's hands even more.

Boredo is a pusher with no weapons, and Andy will destroy him under the roof.

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 10:09 AM »

I think we could probably be more jittery than usual because of the expectations as the draw has opened up and because of all the upsets.  Andy actually has a better draw than last year and he came through that.  He is more prepared for this Wimbledon like he has never been before.  That's just my feeling.  I try not to pay much attention to all the pundits as this year in particular they have been proved wrong especially those who know nothing or very little about the game of tennis.  After all they all said that Andy would not win a GS and I think he has actually won two.  US and Olympics.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 10:57 AM »

Thoughts?

Thanks Dani just came on here to ask that very question. I too saw MD opinion.   nervous nervous
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Robredo is boring.

I find lots of players boring but they still win matches.  Sorry but this one is stressing me out. 
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #81 on: June 28, 2013, 11:06 AM »

Andy beat this guy on CLAY!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #82 on: June 28, 2013, 11:15 AM »

Thanks Dani just came on here to ask that very question. I too saw MD opinion.   nervous nervous
Why?

Andy is going to DESTROY Robredo.

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #83 on: June 28, 2013, 11:25 AM »

Why?

Andy is going to DESTROY Robredo.

Yaay the voice of reason speaks  clap
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #84 on: June 28, 2013, 11:29 AM »

Andy beat this guy on CLAY!

It has to be said that was my thought as well. If Murray can beat a player on clay, baring accidents or injury, they won't have a prayer against him on grass. Mind you I personally find all Murray matches stressful. The lad is so unpredictable.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #85 on: June 28, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Even Robredo has said he prefers clay. If it was clay I might be a bit anxious for Andy, given how he struggles on it. However, Wimbledon is grass, so I think Andy will be fine.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #86 on: June 28, 2013, 11:35 AM »

I'd much of prefered if Andy was facing Mahut.

Granted a more stressful match, but that's what I kind of want.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 11:41 AM »

I'll be flying off on holiday to Marbella this afternoon around 4.30pm.  What's the betting that I will miss the entire match?  I'll be secretly trying to get the score on my phone while the plane is still taxiing at Malaga airport!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #88 on: June 28, 2013, 11:45 AM »

Mahut would have beaten Robredo if he did not have the thigh injury. He was also fatigued due to playing 3 qually matches before winning in Holland just last week.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Round 3: Andy Murray vs. Tommy Robredo « Reply #89 on: June 28, 2013, 12:37 PM »

A year ago Robredo was ranked 266; now he's 29. His comeback from injury has been so impressive - shows how much tennis means to him to still want to continue playing. He's tweeted this morning about how lucky he feels to be playing on Centre Court - a lot has changed for him in one year.

Robredo's not a natural grass court player but he's playing very good tennis at the moment and will fight for every point. I agree with Mike Dickson about the roof - I think anything that makes the conditions heavier would aid Robredo. But in the end it's Andy who is far more comfortable on grass - I think he'll win in straight sets but could well have some tricky moments to deal with.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »