Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 110 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz  (Read 13776 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #150 on: July 04, 2013, 10:29 PM »

Yup ...to play and challenge Djoko the opponent has to be 100% ready physically otherwise they will lose.

Djoko can play several consecutive 5 setters and play his best tennis. Winning against him is rarely down to fitness ...its coz the opponent played the best tennis.

If Del Po leg is prob ...If Murrays back is a prob....if Janowicz's shoulder is a prob....none of them will beat Djoko period
What if Novak's not 100%? He can't be the only guy who doesn't get injuries.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #151 on: July 04, 2013, 10:37 PM »

Janowicz has had the luckiest draw ever for a slam for someone not in the top 10.  Melzer in the last 16, Kubot in a wimby QF, it is like all his lucky days have come at once.  So he beat Almagro, big deal.  The fact is he hasn't played anyone decent yet.  This boy has been way over hyped IMO.  This is Andy's easiest ever match in a slam semi-final.  I expect him to wipe the floor with the pole in straight sets no problem.  He always demolishes the big hitters.  That match in Paris, where Andy never plays well, is totally irrelevant.  This will be an easy ride to the final again.

I watched Jerzy play Melzer in the QF and he was very lucky to come through that one. 

We are all set for an Andy v Nole final, with hopefully the ending we had in New York rather than Melbourne (x2).
JJ played the world 130 in the QF so yes he's in a Slam semi-final but had an almost impossibly favourable QF opponent. I just don't see this guy threatening Andy.

And Andy's draw was hard?

JJ played a top 20 opponent, Andy hasn't, and won't until the Final.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #152 on: July 04, 2013, 10:37 PM »

DelPo was supposed to be injured before he played Ferrer! Then he beats Ferrer in straights and he's not dropped a set all tournament. Just hope he's still injured tomorrow because he can give any of the top guys a hell of a match. IMO Delpo is the one guy the top 4 fear. At Indian Wells he beat Andy, then Joker and was a set and break up against Rafa in the final. No-one else could do that. Delpo beat Joker at the Olympics last year so I think there's a much bigger chance of an upset here.
[ Last edit by BigNose July 04, 2013, 10:43 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #153 on: July 04, 2013, 10:39 PM »

DelPo plays better when injured.

He was injured at IW.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #154 on: July 04, 2013, 10:42 PM »

And Andy's draw was hard?

JJ played a top 20 opponent, Andy hasn't, and won't until the Final.

Yeah obviously Andy isn't the usual calibre of a Grand Slam semi-finalist. He just happened to reach this one because he got a lucky draw.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #155 on: July 04, 2013, 10:43 PM »

Yeah obviously Andy isn't the usual calibre of a Grand Slam semi-finalist. He just happened to reach this one because he got a lucky draw.

Did I ever say that?

No. I actually wanted Andy to have a harder draw.

IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #156 on: July 04, 2013, 10:44 PM »

I honestly feel JMDP could upset Djorker tomorrow.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #157 on: July 04, 2013, 10:46 PM »

I agree.

If JMDP plays high percentage Tennis and does his best to keep the point shorts like he did against Vulture, it will be interesting.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #158 on: July 04, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Deffo possible The fact Novak hasnt lost a set rather flatters him...Haas DID NOT turn up and Berdych was ridiculous aside from almagro, gasquet, cillic i cant think of many who would lose a set after being double break up on grass.

Delpo was in stunning form in his QF, very impressed!

IP Logged
bubbles80
Junior

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #159 on: July 04, 2013, 11:11 PM »

yay yay murray delpo final would be great  Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #160 on: July 04, 2013, 11:36 PM »

What if Novak's not 100%? He can't be the only guy who doesn't get injuries.

Yeah ..but he never seems to get one... well he rolled his ankle recently but it didnt do any damage it seems.

He looks like he is 100% healthy. I think he has a very flexible physique so simply doesnt pick up as many niggles.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #161 on: July 04, 2013, 11:37 PM »

Excuse me for saying this, but if Delpo does the biz tomorrow (I have the strangest feeling about it, I really do) and Andy gets through too, I will die laughing. It would poke Navratilova right in the eye for all the fawning she was doing over Djokovic on Today At Wimbledon earlier. Apparently Djokovic is playing his best tennis ever and getting better and better. Silly cow.

Haas was clearly knackered. Berdych bottled it again. Djokovic had a tussle with that American chap whose name has gone out of my head as well. Djokovic might have been lucky Mayer wasn't in the mood too. I think Djokovic has had a bit of luck so far, and a draw that has flattered to deceive somewhat.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #162 on: July 04, 2013, 11:49 PM »

Wimbledon 2013: Centre Court crowd must raise the roof for Andy Murray - or else

With a misplaced courtesy more commonly associated with those he was hoping to influence, Andy Murray issued a coded appeal to the Centre Court crowd after the Lazarus act against Fernando Verdasco.

“When I went behind, the crowd definitely got right behind me and made a huge, huge difference,” said the Scot after Wednesday’s coronary inducer. “If they can be like that from the first point to the last in all of the matches, it makes a huge difference.”

One need not possess a long service medal from Bletchley Park to decrypt this. “If you want me to win Wimbledon, you effete Centre Court Sassenachs,” he was saying, “ditch the Home Counties reserve, and don’t wait until I’m two sets down to make a noise.”

As Murray’s poetic repetition of the phrase “a huge difference” subtly hinted, the crowd’s impact on his chances cannot be exaggerated. If Friday it communicates its anxiety to him again, Jerzy Janowicz may have the insolence not to freeze in his first major semi, and could power serve him to perdition.

On the large assumptions that Murray does win, and that Novak Djokovic defuses the Exocets fired by Juan Martin del Potro with an accuracy happily beyond his country’s navy in 1982, the 15,000 present will face a grave test when Murray meets the Serb on Sunday.

Were I suddenly, and frankly belatedly, installed as lifetime dictator, it would be absolutely their last chance. Another feckless spectating performance like the one during Wednesday’s first two sets, and that would be that for the conventional Centre Court crowd.

We have tolerated the betrayal of its patriotic duty to support native players with demented passion for far too long. In 2001, to take one poignant example, Tim Henman would have beaten Goran Ivanisevic in the rain-delayed semi under the ticket allocation proposal outlined below.

Instead, at two sets all, the crowd infected him with its fearfulness, and he missed out on a Monday final in front of the sort of football-ish crowd that would have intimidated Pat Rafter and screeched Henman to victory.

Which brings me to the three-point master plan I pledge to introduce, as your benign tyrant, if the Centre Court crowd disgraces itself again:

1) All debenture holders will be interned, in a heavily patrolled Glastonbury-style agricultural setting (luxury yurts for all; no need to be vindictive), for the duration of Wimbledon;

2) Their confiscated tickets will be reapportioned in a lottery;

3) Applicants will be limited to season ticket holders (preferably, though not necessarily, with convictions for violent crime) at Chelsea, Cardiff City, Millwall, Leeds United and the Glasgows, Rangers and Celtic. For all his ungodly mental strength, it would be intriguing to see how Djokovic coped with having his every service fault cheered like an injury time Cup final winner.

If it seems brutal, I make no apology for that. Top level tennis is brutal psychological war, and all is fair. The All England Club takes much of the blame for any confusion with the game played on rectory lawns.

The inscription above the Centre Court entrance is Kipling’s line about treating triumph and disaster just the same. It has no business being there, and should be replaced by the American football coach Vince Lombardi’s apercu that “winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing”.

In fairness to it, the Centre Court crowd has improved a little. It laughs less uproariously at every exhumation of that side-splitter “Come On Tim”, and applauds less lustily when an umpire asks them, as a courtesy to both players, to switch off mobile phones.

It now greets such distractions with about the same enthusiasm as an impossibly brilliant running top-spin forehand down the line from Rafael Nadal. But it still has far to travel to match the passion and decibel levels found on the Arthur Ashe Court in New York, where Murray won his only major title last year.

If he is to add a second, he will need the crowd on Friday, and more so on Sunday. So the advice to those with tickets, if they wish to retain them under any dictatorship of mine, is this: your country expects you to do your deafeningly raucous duty from the warm-up onwards.

Fail Andy Murray again, and this time next year you will be drinking the Pimm’s in a soggy Gloucestershire field surrounded by cattle and military personnel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10160623/imbledon-2013-Centre-Court-crowd-must-raise-the-roof-for-Andy-Murray-or-else.html
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #163 on: July 05, 2013, 12:00 AM »

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saynotocastle/
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #164 on: July 05, 2013, 12:16 AM »

That piece from the Telegraph is hilarious and right on the nail.

Personally I'd throw the snooty Centre Court mob out, with very few exceptions, and I'd get the crowd from the hill in. If I could afford it I'd get tickets for the entire population of Dunblane too. That would shake things up a bit!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »