Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 110 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz

(Read 14820 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1530 on: July 05, 2013, 09:56 PM »

I tell you what I enjoyed today. I live next door to Phil Jones of Man Utd. His mum came round a couple of hours ago to collect a parcel. She said, "You enjoying the tennis? I went on Tuesday [with Ferguson, presumably]. It was fantastic. It's a clean sport. None of this diving and cheating." Yup, that'd be right.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1531 on: July 05, 2013, 09:56 PM »

Nigel. You were rig ht. Jerzy took the first set but Andy won the match in 4.

WHAT A TENNIS PUNDIT YOU ARE.  AWESOME!
 jaw
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1532 on: July 05, 2013, 09:57 PM »

My respect for Andy grows each year.    He keeps on proving me wrong.  Credit to him.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1533 on: July 05, 2013, 09:57 PM »

None, but 1-7 is an awful record, but if it happens, it happens, nothing we can do about it.

It's 1 in an era that's probably the toughest there's been to play and compete in.It's 1 more than most people will ever manage.It's 1 more than any Brit managed in 76 years.

I could go on,but I'm too happy to get into that kind of thing with you right now.I just want to enjoy this.

In short-it's not terrible.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1534 on: July 05, 2013, 09:57 PM »

Why is Andy always facing one of the big 4 in a final though  doh
  Johnny Mac reckons theres only a big two now. And hes calling Andy to lift the trophy.  Lets hopoe hes right.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1535 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Regardless of the general opinion of JJ on here, as a fan of his I am proud he managed to take a set off one of the best returners/defenders in the game, and if he hadn't of had a mini choke, it would have been two. Not every one wins there first slam Semi Final, and Janowicz seem incredibely nervous and tight, which is understandble. Great learning curve for him here and I am now doubt in my mind that he is a future slam winner.

Andy was not at his best, but he was solid, and that pullled him through in the end. Defending amazingly well, and most importantly he kept his cool!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1536 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Wonderful match.  First time over a year I have been able watch without hiding as some places.

Had a strange dream last night.  Andy, Fed, Nole and Nadal were in a bike race and they crashed except Andy who raced past them to win by a very large margin.  Stupid I know.

Not stupid at all - prophetic I would say!!!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1537 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Let's face a reality here though, he's not favourite on paper to win.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1538 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Regardless of the general opinion of JJ on here, as a fan of his I am proud he managed to take a set off one of the best returners/defenders in the game, and if he hadn't of had a mini choke, it would have been two. Not every one wins there first slam Semi Final, and Janowicz seem incredibely nervous and tight, which is understandble. Great learning curve for him here and I am now doubt in my mind that he is a future slam winner.

Andy was not at his best, but he was solid, and that pullled him through in the end. Defending amazingly well, and most importantly he kept his cool!

Copy... and Paste.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1539 on: July 05, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Ever been so happy that you want to cry? That's me right now!

Andy Murray what a star you are! You came, you saw, you conquered!

Andy was just brilliant today. Okay, he narrowly lost the first set and had a lull in the third, but what character, what grit he showed, in getting it done.

Mac favours Andy in the final! Me too, but then I always have. Nice to know Mac agrees with me Smile.

I'm not going to complain about the crowd. They redeemed themselves today. Andy used them brilliantly.

Did you see Andy being interviewed by the moron? Andy's so cool! It's like he really believes he belongs in the final this year. That choked me up as much as the win!

Just awesome!!!!!!!

Now go on my beautiful boy, get that trophy!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1540 on: July 05, 2013, 10:00 PM »

Nigel. You were rig ht. Jerzy took the first set but Andy won the match in 4.

WHAT A TENNIS PUNDIT YOU ARE.  AWESOME!
 jaw

I always thought JJ would come out swinging for the fences but that Andy would wear him down with his groundplay. I was right up to a point. I thought JJ would go up a break in set 2 as well, at which point Andy's tennis computabrain would work out how to beat him. I hadn't reckoned on such a rookie mental lapse at the start of set 2. Andy's experience showed today.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1541 on: July 05, 2013, 10:01 PM »

He needs to learn how to conduct himself on the court, very unsporting!!
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1542 on: July 05, 2013, 10:02 PM »

I know he didn't have that many errors, but he did do them at crucial times and very strange errors especially in the tiebreak...
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1543 on: July 05, 2013, 10:03 PM »

I tell you what I enjoyed today. I live next door to Phil Jones of Man Utd. His mum came round a couple of hours ago to collect a parcel. She said, "You enjoying the tennis? I went on Tuesday [with Ferguson, presumably]. It was fantastic. It's a clean sport. None of this diving and cheating." Yup, that'd be right.

Bloody hell, where do you live? Phil Jones must have a nice enough gaff.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1544 on: July 05, 2013, 10:03 PM »

Well that was brilliant ... eventually! It's interesting how Andy seems to feel the roof isn't his friend (I know this time it was because of the point the match was at) because he almost always plays great tennis under it at night. Absolutely delighted for him and such an assured post-match interview mentioning last playing Djokovic on grass at the Olympics! If he can win on Sunday...actually think I'll just enjoy this for now!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »