Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 110 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz

(Read 16382 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #165 on: July 05, 2013, 12:42 AM »

That piece from the Telegraph is hilarious and right on the nail.

Personally I'd throw the snooty Centre Court mob out, with very few exceptions, and I'd get the crowd from the hill in. If I could afford it I'd get tickets for the entire population of Dunblane too. That would shake things up a bit!

The crowd in the Verdasco match was great.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #166 on: July 05, 2013, 01:05 AM »

The crowd in the Verdasco match was great.

Eventually. It took Andy to have his back right to the wall before they came to life. They need to learn that sitting there struck dumb with terror doesn't actually help the players, especially Andy. They should have been encouraging him from the off, not from when he was two sets down.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #167 on: July 05, 2013, 01:22 AM »

The Telegraph article is spot on.

I was lucky enough to see Andy 2 years ago on CC and I was surrounded by people not making a sound. The guy directly behind me would tut every single time I shouted for Andy. It just made me do it all the more. It is a joy and privilege to watch Andy live and if I had the money I would quite happily travel the world to watch him.

Players like Andy and Tsonga clearly feed off a crowd. Andy seems to be able to do it regardless of whether they're cheering for or against him. As long as they're making some noise. I still think Tsonga would have performed better if the crowd had been there to welcome him when he walked out for the semi final match at the French Open. If the French really want a French champion at RG then they should do all they can to support their players. Be there when they walk onto court. Don't root for their opponent. I don't care if it's blooming Federer.

Andy deserves the same. I couldn't believe just how empty the court was for Andy walking out. The Royal Box was empty and didn't start to fill up until we were about 5-6 games in. The crowd were poor for the first 2 sets. They got better in the 3rd and 4th and much better in the 5th. The fans on Henman Hill were fantastic.

The CC crowd for the Murray v Gasquet match when Andy was 2 sets and a break down were amazing. It's a crowd like that Andy needs.
[ Last edit by IonaRed July 05, 2013, 01:26 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #168 on: July 05, 2013, 01:41 AM »

“When I went behind, the crowd definitely got right behind me and made a huge, huge difference,” said the Scot after Wednesday’s coronary inducer. “If they can be like that from the first point to the last in all of the matches, it makes a huge difference.”

Again, Andy will be on court 2nd - gonna be empty seats unless they give people time to make use of the facilities and get back in their seats. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #169 on: July 05, 2013, 02:07 AM »

Eventually. It took Andy to have his back right to the wall before they came to life. They need to learn that sitting there struck dumb with terror doesn't actually help the players, especially Andy. They should have been encouraging him from the off, not from when he was two sets down.

But not every one in there will be Andy fans.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #170 on: July 05, 2013, 03:06 AM »

Great article mixed with humour and truth.  Thanks Dani.

I also noticed this one, which is also as entertaining as it is informative -  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10159973/Andy-Murrays-appliance-of-science.html
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #171 on: July 05, 2013, 03:27 AM »

I personally think there should be a couple of murraysworld people situated all around the stadium where Andy is playing with Murray shirts on and they should get everyone screaming and yelling for Andy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #172 on: July 05, 2013, 03:32 AM »

They need the ANDY boys to come here from Oz and show the crowd how its done.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #173 on: July 05, 2013, 04:15 AM »

This is how I want Andy to be tonight (well for me it will be)

* Pumped up Andy!.JPG (22.08 KB, 403x530 - viewed 159 times.)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #174 on: July 05, 2013, 04:16 AM »

But not every one in there will be Andy fans.

I wonder if the Fed fans will have sold on their tickets Whistle
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #175 on: July 05, 2013, 04:51 AM »

Good luck Andy!  Go out there and impose your will on janowicz. Be strong and aggressive from the beginning. Here's to great serving and great returns. may the force be with you Andy.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #176 on: July 05, 2013, 06:15 AM »

That piece from the Telegraph is hilarious and right on the nail.

Personally I'd throw the snooty Centre Court mob out, with very few exceptions, and I'd get the crowd from the hill in. If I could afford it I'd get tickets for the entire population of Dunblane too. That would shake things up a bit!

And Glasgow too please Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #177 on: July 05, 2013, 06:50 AM »

Ok Andy......you're doing great so far and we're all very proud of you! Remember a couple of years back, when I used to tell you stuff before every big match?.......stuff like 'if you lose a point, just move on and leave it behind ...where it belongs...in the bin?' Well, you'll be pleased to hear, I don't have any advice for you these days, which is just as well, as I know next to nothing about tennis anyway!  lmao  Never did! Only fell in love with it, when a certain 'gangly youth' came on the scene.....but that was yesterday and that gangly youth has gone forever and in his place, stands a tall, confident and oh so lovable powerhouse of a man, who is a credit to his fans and to Great Britain! Today, Jerzy Janowicz is the next rung on the ladder......the next obstacle in your way! He is a powerful man too, but we know you won't underestimate him.....and in any case, you have things he hasn't! As well as your wonderful skills, you have a whole army of fans....eh...not to mention a nation on your side! Win or lose, we will surround you with love! Do you think you can take him Andy? Can you poleaxe the Pole? 'Course you can....now go kick his arse!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #178 on: July 05, 2013, 08:02 AM »

What a lovely post Caz....brought tears to my peepers 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #179 on: July 05, 2013, 08:07 AM »

Really? Awww.....thanks Angie!  hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »