Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 110 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz

(Read 14710 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #75 on: July 04, 2013, 12:57 AM »

I actually think it will be a relief for Andy to face a big hitter.  Whistle

Wasn't Verdasco hitting big? lol.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #76 on: July 04, 2013, 12:58 AM »

Tsonga Ao run and Berdy's wimby runs were different though they had both beaten a top 10 player in the QF, before their Sf.

JJ hasn't had any big sclaps as such and has just taken advantage of a favorable draw, so will be intersting to see how he handles the occassion. I'm not sure if he belives he can beat murray in a wimby Sf.

The problem is Nando didnt believe he could beat murray in wimby qfs until about 3 all in 1st set when he realised Andy was putting nothing on the ball and making a ton of UEs. Andy needs to stop JJ from getting out the blocks by getting on top of him early.

I think JJ believes he can beat anyone but I am not sure about this match.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 01:01 AM »

and Benny in the first round.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #78 on: July 04, 2013, 01:09 AM »

yes - and his serve was great today but he did so well due to hiiting big for big long rallies. Janowicz not so much of a rallier, hits big to try and shorten point, think that's whst ron meant (though cd be wrong, feel free to enlightn me if so)
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #79 on: July 04, 2013, 01:33 AM »

Berdych lost his first Slam Semi to Soderling at the 2010 French in 5 sets. 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #80 on: July 04, 2013, 01:38 AM »

Just having my lunch break and thought I'd slip in a H2H.

cmonandy

* Murray vs Janowicz 1.JPG (121.43 KB, 833x886 - viewed 33 times.)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #81 on: July 04, 2013, 01:46 AM »

Thought I'd post summaries of both last match stats

* JJ match stats.JPG (49.29 KB, 691x498 - viewed 215 times.)

* Andy match stats.JPG (48.35 KB, 688x491 - viewed 218 times.)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #82 on: July 04, 2013, 01:51 AM »

58 winners to 14 UE's Surprised. I know Andy's a great defender but will need to be at his best if JJ is pounding his forehand consistently.

Also what's with Andy's average 2nd serve speed? That's terrible.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #83 on: July 04, 2013, 01:53 AM »

Thanks Bev. Smile  Love the pic of Andy, while JJ looks like he's advertising a brand of toothpaste. lol
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 01:53 AM »

That's a normal 2nd serve speed for Andy, he was averaging 78MPH last match.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #85 on: July 04, 2013, 01:59 AM »

That's a normal 2nd serve speed for Andy, he was averaging 78MPH last match.
Similar to Andy's stats in the previous two matches to today, just with slightly more winners and errors.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 02:00 AM »

58 winners to 14 UE's Surprised. I know Andy's a great defender but will need to be at his best if JJ is pounding his forehand consistently.

Also what's with Andy's average 2nd serve speed? That's terrible.
For Andy that's pretty high. Which is the problem.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 02:03 AM »

Yeah, woeful speed for a second serve. Just look at it compared to Verdasco's, Kubot's and Janowicz's in those stats.

Now that is actually something I will be worried about on Friday. JJ is not the best returner on the first serve, but he can easily attack Andy's second serve.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #88 on: July 04, 2013, 02:12 AM »

If you look at the av. serving stats for Andy against good players it would often actually work out better for him to just use two 1st serves. An argument against him actually doing this is that there might obviously be more pressure when doing it on a 2nd serve so his av. percentages for it might not be the same - but statistically speaking it would work out better for him if he could get the serve in at the same frequency.

Or even better probably would be if on his 2nd serve he mixed his standard 2nd serve technique with his standard 1st serve one. This way it would keep the returner off guard which would probably help decrease the returner's effectiveness on both of them.

-
It's funny though a lot of guys on tour would probably be better off if they just powered down their 2nd serve exactly the same as the 1st. Especially some of the servebots like JJ the stats they are showing are heavily weighted in favour of them just throwing in two 1st serves .. I wonder why they don't? I'm just hoping they never work it out lol.
[ Last edit by laundry July 04, 2013, 02:21 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #89 on: July 04, 2013, 02:19 AM »

If you look at the av. serving stats for Andy against good players it would actually work out better for him to just use two 1st serves. An argument against him actually doing this is that there might obviously be more pressure when doing it on a 2nd serve so his av. percentages for it might not be the same - but statistically speaking it would work out better for him if he could get the serve in at the same frequency.

Or even better probably would be if on his 2nd serve he mixed his standard 2nd serve technique with his standard 1st serve one. This way it would keep the returner off guard which would probably help decrease the returner's effectiveness on both of them.

-
It's funny though a lot of guys on tour would probably be better off if they just powered down their 2nd serve exactly the same as the 1st. Especially some of the servebots like JJ the stats they are showing are heavily weighted in favour of them just throwing in two 1st serves .. I wonder why they don't? I'm just hoping they never work it out lol.

Ugh quit calling JJ a servebot. It's highly annoying.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »