Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 110 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz

(Read 15591 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 08:08 PM »

The good thing about this match is Andy will know going into it that he will have to be on the absolute top of his game, and that's usually when he plays his best tennis.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 08:09 PM »

The Pole will be a billion times nervous than Andy, losing a set won't be an issue.

Like he was nervous on his first ever centre court apparance, right?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 08:10 PM »

C'mon lad, you're pluckin smarter than that, surely?
It could be fun. lol
Yer right Linda....game on.  Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 08:10 PM »

The underdog has nothing to lose - so what's to be nervous about?  It's the guy with the reputation who needs to worry.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 08:10 PM »

A first appearance to a first GS SF is nothing.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 08:12 PM »

I'm scared of this.As proud as I am of Andy for putting up that fight-back today,I really do worry that if he plays like he did for quite a bit of today and Monday,he'll lose.

Oh,if he could just re-discover the form he showed last week...praying he will. pray

Neah the opponent Andy played today is playing at a far higher level than Janowicz's opponents thus far. It is difficult to judge Jj's form coz of the level of player he has competed against.

Good player he is tho.

Andy just played a guy who is serving great ...a leftie... and Nadal like forehand. Janowicz's strengths are his Serve and forehand...and he can move well for a tall guy. I just dont think he'll do it any better than Verdasco just did it.

He might win a set.....but I see Andy winning this one
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 08:13 PM »

The only issue will be how his back holds up. He has already said that he hasn't tested it over 5 sets or seen what the recovery is like for that matter.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 08:16 PM »

Listen , after this match today , Andy will NOT lose to this pole.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Listen , after this match today , Andy will NOT lose to this pole.
I love it when you're Masterful, Robbie!  Very Happy
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 08:18 PM »

I just hope Andy is in top flight and takes down the servebots like he normally does in the slams.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 08:21 PM »

The only issue will be how his back holds up. He has already said that he hasn't tested it over 5 sets or seen what the recovery is like for that matter.

Yeah initially I thought the back was gonna be a real problem...and maybe it was an issue intially...maybe not. He finished the match looking like he could have gone another set....whereas Verdasco was spent those last few games.
Sometimes tho those kind of injuries dont show their extent until a few hrs after the match or when the player relaxes.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 08:21 PM »

I love it when you're Masterful, Robbie!  Very Happy
My other half said that ...............once. Very Happy
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 08:33 PM »

god I'm gonna want Andy to kill JJ on Friday, this time it's personal  #andytokeeptherealtennisalive
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 08:35 PM »

I just hope Andy is in top flight and takes down the servebots like he normally does in the slams.

Bad thing for Andy is that JJ is not a servebot.

Match against Melzer proved that.

Also don't bring up return stats. They have nothing to do with whether you're a servebot or not. JJ is already 1% on up on return games last year and has another 4/5 months to improve those stats even more.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 08:36 PM »

god I'm gonna want Andy to kill JJ on Friday, this time it's personal  #andytokeeptherealtennisalive
So attacking Tennis is not real Tennis, but defensive baselining is?

Funny ideology. I though real Tennis was a mixture of styles.?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »