Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 110 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz

(Read 15144 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Bad thing for Andy is that JJ is not a servebot.
The servebots are the guys with extra height and rely on this advantage to power down serves to keep themselves in matches. ie JJ

JJ would be nowhere if he wasn't tall.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 08:41 PM »

any ideas what time andy be playing on friday
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 08:43 PM »

The servebots are the guys with extra height and rely on this advantage to power down serves to keep themselves in matches. ie JJ

JJ would be nowhere if he wasn't tall.

Problem is, JJ also has a ground game, so he's much less of a serve bot than the likes of Raonic and Karlovic.

By your logic is Sampras not a form of servebot, just because he didn't have extra height?

Also same goes for Noserer, is he not a servebot? He's used his serve to get out of trouble a lot of times.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Problem is, JJ also has a ground game, so he's much less of a serve bot than the likes of Raonic and Karlovic.

By your logic is Sampras not a form of servebot, just because he didn't have extra height?

Also same goes for Noserer, is he not a servebot? He's used his serve to get out of trouble a lot of times.
No, they weren't servebots. They actually had skill to their serves instead of it coming from a natural advantage of having extra height. What makes him specifically a servebot is that he would be nowhere if he wasn't tall, he would have nowhere near as an effective serve and wouldn't be anywhere with just the ground game he has.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 08:48 PM »

I'm watching it all again under the red button, as I missed some of it though nerves. Much better watching it when you know the result. Less tension.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 08:50 PM »

No, they weren't servebots. They actually had skill to their serves instead of it coming from a natural advantage of having extra height. What makes him specifically a servebot is that he would be nowhere if he wasn't tall, he would have nowhere near as an effective serve and wouldn't be anywhere with just the ground game he has.

If you say so.

JJ is not a servebot. He doesn't just rely on his serve.

By your logic every one in the top 20 is a servebot because a lot of them use there serves to set up the points.

Heck Andy was 'servebotting' throughout Brisbane this year.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 08:51 PM »

No the servebots are only the ones that take a huge advantage of the extra height they have for their serving and they all usually have poor return game percentages so they would be nothing if they weren't tall. These guys on serve; Raonic, Karlovic, JJ, Isner they all look the same.
[ Last edit by laundry July 03, 2013, 08:55 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Janowicz fan as well
You kept that a secret.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02 PM »

No the servebots are only the ones that take a huge advantage of the extra height they have for their serving and they all usually have poor return game percentages so they would be nothing if they weren't tall. These guys on serve; Raonic, Karlovic, JJ, Isner they all look the same.

Yeah i agree somewhat, comparing against Raonic tho....I think they have similar games...however i think the key is that JJ moves better than any of those other tall guys...and that gives him more potential than them.

Anyway, it will be an interesting match up...and Andy will have to tighten up his play earlier than he did today. The last thing Andy needs is another 5 setter going in against DJoko.... which , if it happens , will likely go all the way.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02 PM »

This is ridiculous Mark, how can Ballicks be a bad word.....if that's the case I'm outa here.
But shits is ok.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 09:03 PM »

Lol JJ is a class above all those other names you mentioned.

His return game is improving all the time this year and it will be solid enough in the future.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 09:03 PM »

Do not be worried about this.

Apart from Delpo no one has really ever had  a massive run to a final from being a relatively unknown talent.
DelPo wasn't a relatively unknown talent. He was 6th in the world and fresh off his first Masters final. Also made the RG semis that year as well, as well as Miami semis and AO quarters.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Fortunately a match against these guys aren't very tiring because the game is so serve dominated. It should give Andy a bit of a rester before the final.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 09:13 PM »

You kept that a secret.

lol I would never have guessed either....

My prediction is Andy in 3.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #44 on: July 03, 2013, 09:14 PM »

********, Andy needed a game like today, Verdasco played brilliantly  and Andy came through.....Andy easily in 3.
I voted for Andy in 3...Okay tell me I'm an idiot, but I cant help but believe in this guy. It wont be easy, Robbie.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »