Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 110 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz

(Read 14973 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #60 on: July 03, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Nah! Won't be here long if that's the case.

Don't leave because you can't show us your bollix Robbie Frown
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #61 on: July 03, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Jerzy will come out swinging - he has nothing to lose.
Here's hoping Andy will come out firing on all cylinders, fully prepared to counter Jerzy's unpredictable and fearless play.
Very best of luck, Andy. Everything's crossed for you on Friday.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 10:33 PM »

Andy won his first ever GS SF and Nadal did too.

I won't be able to watch the semis or the final (if he gets there), but I will cross my fingers for him and try to check the livescores from time to time. Feels like I'm letting him down. Frown

Might be good for my heart though, just in case he plans on putting us through the wringer again.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #63 on: July 03, 2013, 11:10 PM »

It's just down right dumb. Janowicz will have his time in the future, that I am sure of, but to predict him to win this after how much of an emotional wreck he must be after winning the QF is beyond ridiculous.

How often to Slam SF virgins win there first one? Not many. IIRC even Noserer didn't achieve that, and I am I also right in thinking DelPo made the FO SF in 2009, only to lose?
Correct.

Murray won his first SF though. As did Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling..
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #64 on: July 03, 2013, 11:12 PM »

Correct.

Murray won his first SF though. As did Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling..
  Interesting. Who were they playing against?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #65 on: July 03, 2013, 11:17 PM »

Interesting. Who were they playing against?

I may be wrong, but wasn't it:

Tsonga - Nadal (AO 2008)

Berdych - Djokovic (Wimbledon 2010)

Soderling - Gonzalez??? (FO 2009)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #66 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23 PM »

But none of them won their respective Finals ?  And only out of that list, does Andy have a slam.

Interesting.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #67 on: July 03, 2013, 11:32 PM »

I predict JJ will come out swinging for the fences and take the first set. He'll probably go a break up in the second, too. At this point reality will kick in and I expect Andy to win in four.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #68 on: July 03, 2013, 11:33 PM »

New hotshots often announce themselves with a run to a slam semi. Rarely the final. Never, actually (Becker excepted).
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 11:36 PM »

New hotshots often announce themselves with a run to a slam semi. Rarely the final. Never, actually (Becker excepted).
Tsonga not count as a new hotshot? In 2008 he was 22 (same age as Janowicz) and ranked #38 (lower than Janowicz).
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #70 on: July 04, 2013, 12:15 AM »

I think bollox works Robbie
Shite does too. Whistle

[ Last edit by Aileen July 04, 2013, 12:31 AM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #71 on: July 04, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Shite does too. Whistle

Aileen's turned grotesque lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #72 on: July 04, 2013, 12:31 AM »

Aileen's turned grotesque lol
I have a good teacher Gangsta. lol

The only issue will be how his back holds up. He has already said that he hasn't tested it over 5 sets or seen what the recovery is like for that matter.
Which is probably the main reason I was disappointed he didn't finish Verdasco off sooner.  He has, though, vowed to carry on playing so long as he can still hold a racquet and says that his back is way better than it was, and his team will be doing all they can to get him through, so fingers crossed.

As for JJ, this guy's going to be desperate to win both for himself and probably for his country, and that could make him nervous.  I mean no disrespect because I have Polish relatives and friends, but Poles are quite well known for their volatility, so that could bring JJ's mental strength into question, particularly if Andy can keep putting the pressure on him, which hopefully he will do from the off and not wait until he's in a similar situation to today's.  Also, should he win and meet Djoko in the final, it's going to be in his best interests physically and mentally to keep this match as short as possible.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #73 on: July 04, 2013, 12:39 AM »

Tsonga Ao run and Berdy's wimby runs were different though they had both beaten a top 10 player in the QF, before their Sf.

JJ hasn't had any big sclaps as such and has just taken advantage of a favorable draw, so will be intersting to see how he handles the occassion. I'm not sure if he belives he can beat murray in a wimby Sf.

The problem is Nando didnt believe he could beat murray in wimby qfs until about 3 all in 1st set when he realised Andy was putting nothing on the ball and making a ton of UEs. Andy needs to stop JJ from getting out the blocks by getting on top of him early.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2013 SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #74 on: July 04, 2013, 12:50 AM »

I actually think it will be a relief for Andy to face a big hitter.  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »