Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Janowicz in 3
Janowicz in 4
Janowicz in 5

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz

(Read 21502 times)
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1620 on: July 06, 2013, 01:46 AM »

Very long happy day at the Wimbledon semi-finals with my Dad. Right at the front, so close I could have reached out and touched Andy Murray, but thought it probably best not to. Wink
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1621 on: July 06, 2013, 02:01 AM »

Very long happy day at the Wimbledon semi-finals with my Dad. Right at the front, so close I could have reached out and touched Andy Murray, but thought it probably best not to. Wink

You picked a hell of a day to watch live #envious one instant classic followed by another dream result
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1622 on: July 06, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Seen this on my TL.    clap The only problem with Wimbledon is that suddenly everyone in Britain is an expert on tennis.. Where are you for the other 69 tournaments?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1623 on: July 06, 2013, 07:32 AM »

Oh you lucky, lucky person thumb up
Everyone on MW is green with envy  band
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1624 on: July 06, 2013, 08:16 AM »

ooo woos lucky you
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1625 on: July 06, 2013, 09:52 AM »

Haha I printed out a picture of Janowicz and kept poking my pen into it, like that was going to change anything, but I was worried about his serve.  As good as he is, he is not consistent.
  lmao I know exactly where you're coming from with that Apollo! If I think Andy is in trouble during a match, in my mind's eye, I surround him with a swirling vortex of bright light! Blue if he needs to be calm and focussed and I add pink for healing if I think he has pain! That's why I got so stressed the other day when he played Verdasco and the TV acted up....Because I couldn't 'see' him! You think you couldn't change anything? Perhaps not, but then again........ Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1626 on: July 06, 2013, 02:09 PM »

Okay, jealous now! Smile.

I'm glad you resisted the temptation to touch. The lad was a wee bit busy and didn't need the distraction Smile.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1627 on: July 06, 2013, 02:10 PM »

Okay, jealous now! Smile.

I'm glad you resisted the temptation to touch. The lad was a wee bit busy and didn't need the distraction Smile.

lol
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1628 on: July 06, 2013, 02:36 PM »

I agree though that he would save himself a lot of anguish if he could grip a match from the very beginning, but then maybe that is Murrays appeal and why we all support him, he is probably the best player in the world at turning a match from abysmal into glorious.

It doesn't look pretty, but against big hitters he obviously feels it's better to try and outlast them rather than outhit them. Against Djokovic/Nadal he plays completely differently. It's hard to question a tactic that has been so successful - if anything it's his aggressive game that's lost him more matches (e.g. Wimbledon 2011 against Nadal where he had a huge amount of errors).
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1629 on: July 06, 2013, 03:58 PM »

To me there was a sense that yesterday's match would always be four sets, so I don't see the point in making an issue of it. It reminded me so much of watching Andy beat Karlovic last year, which was also in four, but JJ, as well as a mouth, has some flair to go with his power.

Andy can sometimes take a while to settle into matches, but it isn't always the case. Look at the way he went for Federer really early on at the Olympic final, and I can think of other examples as well.

Either way, I've just been talking to my brother, someone who openly admits to not being a tennis expert and who basically watches some of Wimbledon. He watched yesterday and saw Andy win. We were talking just now and he couldn't wait to tell me how much Andy is different now, mentally stronger, tougher in the biggest moments. My brother said Murray looks like a totally different player. He's not wrong, which is exactly why Andy is about to play his 4th major final in a row, and that doesn't even include the Olympics.

IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1630 on: July 06, 2013, 08:02 PM »

wonderful glad you had a great time , not jealous Wink
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1631 on: July 06, 2013, 08:56 PM »

I have just read the transcript of JJ's interview after the match last night.  I am not sure what I think about his answers.  I just feel that he is very arrogant and that he is entitled to do the things he does.  At one point he seemed to be intonating that Andy actually wanted the roof closed when he was 4-1 down.  I am sure that cannot be true.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1632 on: July 06, 2013, 08:57 PM »

^ Yesterday's news and done to death.  Moving swiftly on...
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1633 on: July 07, 2013, 08:51 AM »

^ Yesterday's news and done to death.  Moving swiftly on...

I feel that this post was unnecessary as this only happened 24 hours ago and I had only just read the interview.  You may, of course, have already read it.  I very rarely feel 'got at' but his has done so.

I haven't been on here very long it does seem that people get at each far too much.  I came on here because we all have a mutual admiration for Andy.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon SF: Andy Murray vs. Jerzy Janowicz « Reply #1634 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37 AM »

I know what you mean tamila, but I think the intention of the advice to "move on", was just advice to not let it bother you.  Clearly, no-one should be reading the thread on Friday's match if they really think it's old news! lol

I do agree that JJ doesn't help himself with some of the things he'd said.  I am someone who likes to give people the benefit of the doubt, and JJ is definitely forcing me to apply that rule an awful lot.  As much as I admire his confidence, and it has been vital to allow him to make his break-through, there will come a point where his sense of entitlement gets in the way of his ability to become a better player.  He seems to think that the reason he lost was because he didn't serve very well.  He served well enough, just Andy returned more than he expected, and the rest of his game wasn't good enough.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »