Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3. - 20 (66.7%)
Murray in 4. - 8 (26.7%)
Murray in 5. - 2 (6.7%)
Anderson in 3. - 0 (0%)
Anderson in 4. - 0 (0%)
Anderson in 5. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson

(Read 5051 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 03:47 PM »

Andy does well vs guys like this. He's tall, so Andy will make him move, slice, keep the ball low. He'll get into Anderson's service games, too. I said four, but it could easily be straights.
I like the way you think Nigel.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 04:10 PM »

Hopeful Andy can up his level again to win this one... I think he will. May drop a set tho ...and sets may be tight.

Some comms don't half go overboard with Andys performance yesterday. It was a very good Andy performance... a few wobbles but got it done in quick time...with some commanding tennis. The real test tho for Andy is when he has to play a top 10 player..we all know his record post surgery..and also back to back Djoko / Nadal.... and win. I sense he is finally reaching his best again tho...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 04:26 PM »

TJ - I too thought he'd lost to him in a post-AO slump (I thought it was Indian Wells) but it appears it was in Montreal in 2011 so am trying to remember what accounted for what was a pretty comprehensive defeat. Can someone with a better memory remember what happened there?

Oh, of course, Montreal! That didn't compute in my head at all Ruthie. I think I was thinking of Indian Wells too. Sounds like it was a fatigue thing given the run he'd had at RG, which was the first time he got to the semi's. He won Queen's and then got to the Wimbledon semi's, so maybe it was just a case of enough is enough. It happens I suppose.

I saw a bit of Anderson/Fognini. I just think Andy is comfortable with the sort of player Anderson is. If Andy is a bit off Anderson might win a set. I'm preparing myself for the possibility to be honest, just in case, but I think straights is possible given the form Andy has been in.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 04:31 PM »

Some comms don't half go overboard with Andys performance yesterday. It was a very good Andy performance... a few wobbles but got it done in quick time...with some commanding tennis. The real test tho for Andy is when he has to play a top 10 player..we all know his record post surgery..and also back to back Djoko / Nadal.... and win. I sense he is finally reaching his best again tho...

With respect, we don't know Andy's form against top tenners post surgery. Andy has played very few of them because in some cases (understandably given his recovery) he lost before he could get to them.

We'll see, and it's wrong to jump the gun, but I think Andy will be tougher to beat in a best of five on his best surface than in most of the best of threes where he has been below his best this year because of the comeback. To me Andy looks like he's never been away now.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 07:09 PM »

With respect, we don't know Andy's form against top tenners post surgery. Andy has played very few of them because in some cases (understandably given his recovery) he lost before he could get to them.

We'll see, and it's wrong to jump the gun, but I think Andy will be tougher to beat in a best of five on his best surface than in most of the best of threes where he has been below his best this year because of the comeback. To me Andy looks like he's never been away now.

Just this year Andy has lost to Nadal, Djoko, Fed, Raonic...Dimitrov ( who is essentially top 10 or will be soon officially on form this year).

Anyway... yeah like I said the real tests will follow the Anderson match...which ..from what Ive seen Andy will have too much for K.Anderson.

I agree with the feeling that Andy is looking good and isnt far off the form the won him wimbledon...so at this stage of the comp is promising.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 09:41 PM »

Is Andy meant to play Monday? When will the next schedule come out?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 09:42 PM »

Is Andy meant to play Monday? When will the next schedule come out?

Yes Andy is playing on Monday, and tomorrow.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 09:43 PM »

Tomorrow never comes.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 10:12 PM »

Yes Andy is playing on Monday, and tomorrow.

Thank you Conner
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 11:51 PM »

OOP has Andy v Anderson on Centre Court on Monday after Cornet v Bouchard at 1pm. Djoko/Tsonga to follow.

The other half of the draw finishing 3rd round on Monday and playing 4th round on Tuesday presumably.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #25 on: June 29, 2014, 08:22 AM »

Thank you Elena for the update
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 08:51 AM »

My guess is Andy will be second on Centre Court Monday, as he has had two first ons, Centre & Court 1, and last time out he was 3rd on Centre.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #27 on: June 29, 2014, 08:55 AM »

OOP is out
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #28 on: June 29, 2014, 08:57 AM »

OOP is out

I was right!!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Wimbledon 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson « Reply #29 on: June 29, 2014, 09:59 AM »

My guess is Andy will be second on Centre Court Monday, as he has had two first ons, Centre & Court 1, and last time out he was 3rd on Centre.
Your power of deduction. lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »