Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon + Queens (Aegon Championship) Ballots [Anyone going to these events?] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon + Queens (Aegon Championship) Ballots [Anyone going to these events?]

(Read 9029 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Alright so I thought I'd make this thread to see if any one else had entered the Wimbledon Ballot (or is planning to) and/or is planning to enter The Queen's Club  (Aegon Championship) Ballot. Also it'd be cool to know if anyone is planning to go to either of the tournaments by queueing up or using Ticket Master/General Sale. It'd be nice to share tips with people or give updates on successes / failures you've had when entering the ballots in the past. Or if you're planning to go to either of the tournaments by using TicketMaster / General Sales or by queueing up, what tips you can share. I have entered the Wimbledon Ballot already and have just signed up for the mailing list to enter the Queens Club Ballot. I am determined to go to at least two Tennis events next year and I hope to see Andy. If I fail in both Ballots I will queue up for Wimbledon and go to the WTF.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/tickets/201205091336562669724.html

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/Aegon-Championships/Tickets/
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

I have entered the Wimbledon ballot. Will do the same for Queen's. If unsuccessful, it's not my intention to queue for entrance to either.

I shall keep you informed of my success (or likely failures)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Is this the first time you've entered both ballots?
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Yup!

However, in the past I did get to Wimbledon through complimentary tickets. I was also at the Olympics.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

First time entering both as well so we're in the same boat. I did go to Wimbledon in 06 although it was just a ground pass.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

I've entered the Wimbledon ballot. I also have British Tennis membership so will be entered into their ballot for Wimbledon tickets too. If I don't get tickets then I'm planning to go anyway and queue up in the late afternoon for a ground pass - did this last year for one of the days I went and got to see some good tennis on the outside courts. I've tried in the past to get tickets on Ticketmaster but have never been successful - just have to be lucky there I guess.

I'm not sure whether to enter the Queen's ballot or not. The times I've entered, I've been allocated seats right at the back (didn't take them) - but good seats are usually released for general sale a few weeks before it starts.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Both a friend and I have entered Wimbledon ballot on the basis that if one is successful, we'll take the other.  Have got tickets 2 out of 3 of last years on that basis.  This year I also was lucky to be given a complimentary ticket to watch women's SF on centre court.
Will also enter the Queens ballot. This year got tickets for court 1 and really enjoyed being so close to the players.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Have entered Wimbledon ballot using Andy stamps for luck!!!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Good Idea iluvandy!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

I presume it's quite easy to get tickets for Queens? Is it expensive as people make it out to be?
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

I presume it's quite easy to get tickets for Queens? Is it expensive as people make it out to be?

Two years ago 1st round tickets were for 40 quid.
IP Logged
jillypops

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/AEGON-Championships/Tickets/

I have been going to Queens Club for over 30 years, but not sure I will go this year, due to the exorbitant price of the tickets when you consider it is only the best of 3 sets, Wimbledon much better value, just hope the ballot tickets are lucky for me this year.

Hope the link works
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

I have entered the Wimbledon ballot for the first time.  Have watched it on tv or listened to it on radio (when on family holidays as a child) since I was 10 - not telling you how many years ago that is - and would love to experience it just once.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/AEGON-Championships/Tickets/

I have been going to Queens Club for over 30 years, but not sure I will go this year, due to the exorbitant price of the tickets when you consider it is only the best of 3 sets, Wimbledon much better value, just hope the ballot tickets are lucky for me this year.

Hope the link works

Thanks Smile. I posted that link in original thread. In terms of expense I'm more meaning the expense of the whole day out.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Always enter the Wimbledon ballot, have never been successful...but keep trying. If I lived closer would definitely queue up for ground tickets in the first week.
Also last year, someone on MW suggested going along to the qualifying matches, which is free and u get to see some excellent tennis.
Went to Queens for the first time this year and loved it. Yes, u can hear the "Hurrah Henrys" quaffing their champers in the background but it's a small, friendly venue and u can get right up close and personal with the players.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »